Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 07:59 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,463,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
MOST childfree people don't enjoy loneliness at all.
I'd agree. Those who do not have children and are not making having children a priority still want to have some sort of meaningful relationship in their lives. There are benefits that a long-term stable relationships brings that aren't easy to be realized outside of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 08:06 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Generally, men who want commited, exclusive relationships seem to want kids. That is the motivation for marriage, I guess. If you just wanted to serial date, then it would not be an issue.
Add me to the list of people in committed, exclusive relationships who do not want children.

I personally know more than several couples who are in the same sort of relationship.

I realize that it's difficult for some people to wrap their heads around-- but, yes, one can have a beautiful, fulfilling, long-term relationship without children being in the mix.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:55 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
When men are young they want lots of sex and dont want to be saddled with kids and a bi*chy woman. As they get older SOME men realize that they want kids they are slowing down and dont need to get laid twice a day or at least try too.

It sounds like you are in exact backwards sync with most men. You had baby fever when men just wanted lot of sex with no responsibility and now the men you are finding want kids and you just want sex.

The reason most men wont date single moms in my opinion has nothing to do with the "own kids" thing but rather most single moms are working 2 jobs and taking care of the kids, so when exactly is dating and sex suppose to happen?

I suffered through my early 20's because I knew then I did not want kids with half the guys getting divorced and paying child support for the rest of their young lives, it did not look like a good idea. Now that I am older and still dont want kids it has been incredibly easy to date so when my ex left I think I was single for like a monthish and thats partly because I was dumped on thanksgiving and part of that time was spent with family in a rural area so had it been any other time of the year I might have been single for 2 weeks or soish.

So guys early to mid 30s who are willing to date single moms (whos kids are now more independant so there is time for lots and lots of sex) and women who dont want kids have it alot easier and dont stay single.

Women got to live it up early on and so guys get to live it up later on.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:07 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,463,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
The reason most men wont date single moms in my opinion has nothing to do with the "own kids" thing but rather most single moms are working 2 jobs and taking care of the kids, so when exactly is dating and sex suppose to happen?
Only half-right. Most men want the regular sex and companionship thing. But if you, as a guy, are going to be raising a kid with a woman, it is a huge responsibility. Best to have had the fun of impregnating her if you are going to have the responsibility of raising a child. Raising a child that someone else created with a woman holds less than zero appeal for me.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:00 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,342,749 times
Raising any child has less than zero appeal to me lol.

Hell my ex gave up her daughter and the mere thought of the kid knocking on the door had me worried if that will ever become a reality.

I'd really rather find someone who doesn't have any kids at all and doesn't want any.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:48 PM

But you can have alot of fun with a single mom and not have another kid, I mean is she is having regular sex with you what difference does it make if you were the one to "impregnate" her. There might be some phycological issue there for some guys but I think the time and sex issues are high especially if the kid is young. When the kid is 11 or older then it is ideal to date a single mom in my opinion.

But yea if she has a 3 year old and you are being asked to move in and start enduring hectic mornings and hurried drives home due to day care issues maybe to get laid a few times a week, then no thanks lol.

But its not the absense or presence of a kid that is the issues its the life style that most single moms turn that situation into that is highly undesirable for men. And if you dont tow the line with a young single mom with a young kid then you will get the "man-child" label pretty quick. So yea it can be a mess but it all depends on the mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Only half-right. Most men want the regular sex and companionship thing. But if you, as a guy, are going to be raising a kid with a woman, it is a huge responsibility. Best to have had the fun of impregnating her if you are going to have the responsibility of raising a child. Raising a child that someone else created with a woman holds less than zero appeal for me.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:54 PM

Between this and the kinky things I like this turned into an impossibilty for me. Too many women that dont have kids have baby fever so there goes like 75% of the single women right there, then to find one that is inline with me in bed AND interested in me in the first place. Something had to give otherwise I was going to be alone a long long time. I found that if I dating single moms suddenly there was hope to get the majority of what I needed and it worked.

The more handsome of a guy you are the less concessions you have to make becuase you are not loosing prospects left and right just due to the woman not liking you. There may have been single women in my area with no kids that didnt want one and were freaks in bed but not that were interested in me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Raising any child has less than zero appeal to me lol.

Hell my ex gave up her daughter and the mere thought of the kid knocking on the door had me worried if that will ever become a reality.

I'd really rather find someone who doesn't have any kids at all and doesn't want any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships