Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 06:36 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Right. And you already knew she was angry before you posted. So why did you create this thread?
To understand why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 06:38 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
To understand why.
Only Jill knows why.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Only Jill knows why.
Apparently some of the women who've responded to this thread seem to think they know too.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:16 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Apparently some of the women who've responded to this thread seem to think they know too.
No.

Only Jill knows exactly why.

You don't want to hear possible insights if the "facts" don't support them, but apparently in your 40+ years on this planet you haven't figured out that humans don't always operate logically.

So that's all you get.

Only Jill knows why.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Actually I don't. Cause that would make it impossible for us to ever be friends. She and I have other mutual friends and that would just make things awkward for them too.
That's not what it seems like. You might want to dig deep and see if maybe you actually do want her to have feelings for you.

Quote:
No, I'm simply using logic to point out the flaws in someone's argument. Even if you can't understand why someone feels the way they do, you can deduce certain things from their actions. If I punch someone in the face, it's reasonable to conclude that I'm angry at the person. You may not know why I'm angry or even if it makes sense that I'm angry. But you know that I'm angry.
Maybe you were just having a bad day and that person happened to get in your way. Maybe you are actually mad at someone else but couldn't punch that person in the face so you punched this person in the face. Maybe you aren't angry but frustrated or sad or feeling helpless or something else completely.

Like others have said, feelings are not always logical. And Jill herself might not even know why she is doing what she is doing.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
You don't want to hear possible insights if the "facts" don't support them, but apparently in your 40+ years on this planet you haven't figured out that humans don't always operate logically.
Funny how you put facts in quotes. Are you now disputing what's fact and what isn't? I'm willing to hear all opinions. But yes, if you can't use the facts that I've presented to support your opinions, then it's hard to agree with them. The issue isn't whether humans behave logically. The issue is whether you can take what you've observed and form a conclusion. Seems to me you're intent on boiling this down to "women just don't always make sense." If a man said that, he'd be vilified.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Funny how you put facts in quotes. Are you now disputing what's fact and what isn't? I'm willing to hear all opinions. But yes, if you can't use the facts that I've presented to support your opinions, then it's hard to agree with them. The issue isn't whether humans behave logically. The issue is whether you can take what you've observed and form a conclusion. Seems to me you're intent on boiling this down to "women just don't always make sense." If a man said that, he'd be vilified.
Well, I think most of us were honestly trying to help you understand where she might be coming from. We didn't realize that we were going to be graded on our responses.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
That's not what it seems like. You might want to dig deep and see if maybe you actually do want her to have feelings for you.
Please show me where I ever gave an indication that that's what I want.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, I think most of us were honestly trying to help you understand where she might be coming from. We didn't realize that we were going to be graded on our responses.
You're not being graded. But if you offer up an opinion and can't back it up, then why should I agree with that opinion?

Old 03-16-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Please show me where I ever gave an indication that that's what I want.
That's what I get from all of your posts. You dismiss everything else as being unsupported by the facts - and keep coming back to this one point. Yes, I know you keep throwing out the, "But she's the one that encouraged me to date and she didn't have a problem with anyone in the past" - but you still keep coming back to this one thing.

Personally, the one time that I felt anything akin to what Jill seems to be feeling is when someone that I had feelings for in the past started dating someone that I couldn't stand.

Honestly, NOTHING seems to be supported by your facts. So apparently the only conclusion that is acceptable to you would be that Jill is bat shoot crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships