Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 09:03 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Mmmm. Lol...this is about as hard as I've ever thought about this subject. Just about every post here is a pretty good definition, within certain parameters and context. I've never thought of myself as fitting into either "bad boy" or "nice guy" role. Neither Alpha nor Beta. So, defining either is difficult for me. I tend to be what I need to be, when I need to be it.

This "bad boy" thing, seems, to me, to be a cultivated image, put on by certain men ( a term I use loosely only as gender identification, since this is boyish behavior) because they believe it gains them respect and/or admiration. Particularly from the opposite sex. From how I understand this, the "bad boy" has a fairly heavy measure of diffidence, and even cruelty . Classically, the kind of guy who thinks it fun to sic their Pit Bull on the neighbors cat.

All in all, I still think the "bad boy" thing is a put on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 09:16 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,016 times
If anyone here refers to himself as a "bad boy" I will die laughing.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:37 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
His whole post was just some MRA/Manosphere talking points, pay it no never mind.
Ironically MRA is a magnet for insecure losers who feel threatened by women, far from the image the poster intends to portray.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:48 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Ok,

First off:

The self proclaimed 'good guys' aka beta male, SIMPs, white knights: which are all just future cuckolds that attractive women ultimately do not respect but occasionally select to be fathers because they are easily controlled, become financial slaves and make good husbands - They all like to casually refer to bad boys as 'having a criminal record' or being 'abusive' and/or anything else derogatory in a pathetic and futile attempt to try to convince others that bad boys should be avoided by women, which if that strategy ever worked, good guys think will mean women will come running to them and worship them.

A bad boy is a guy that might find a woman that he wants to be with but he does not ever need to be with her. Bad boys have an inherent way of satisfying a woman sexually on a level that exceeds that of a beta male - SIMP because women inherently want to be with men. Men that are confident and masculine and those traits transcend into the realm of sex in a way that only women understand.

Women also feel safe with bad boys. A bad boy has the ability to actually practically protect the woman he is with, whereas a beta male aka good guy in a situation requiring that he actually be a man would call 911, his attorney or dad before he ever risked injury to himself to protect a woman he claimed to love.

A bad boy is a guy that does not follow any subjective rules set by society and/or the current cultural trends (which is not equivalent to having a criminal record). Bad boys are self actualized males that walk their own path and have a mysterious aspect to them as well as a take it or leave it attitude when it comes to women, and women sense that: it is already a well known fact that women tend to eventually not want what they can already have and get easily (good guys) - when it comes to bad boys, they want a guy that they have to work for and on some primitive level attempt to tame, although without changing the qualities that make him a bad boy.

Good guys spend a lot of time at the golf course, bowling and trying to maintain their charade and façade of being a 'good guy' while bad boys are out doing what they want, when they want and engage in activities like BASE jumping, rock climbing and getting out of planes at 12,000 feet. Sorry folks but that stuff has the potential to get women really wet. (based on my own experiences).

While good guys are presenting themselves and their false image (that they adapt to in an attempt to hook up with women since they lack any real characteristics or qualities women want) with the finesse of a used car salesman: women actually see through that nonsense for what it is and find bad boys to be more sincere, genuine and real.
Sounds like 'Bad boys' are the type that end up working at Starbucks, getting a bunch of tats they regret when they actually mature and have to become 'big boys' with responsibilities.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:11 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
James Dean had the look but seemed like he was more introverted and not really actually bad so not sure why he is being lumped in with thugs? Also yes, completely agree with the posters who said that its basically a term that guys that can't get laid blame women saying they only go for "bad boys" and that they dont go for nice guys. Like everything is that black and white.

And i would never date or marry a party girl

Old 03-23-2015, 02:07 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
A "bad boy" is a guy women want, but who is totally unavailable to participate in the type of relationship she wants, unless she's a "bad girl".
This is exactly what I was going to write. A "bad guy" is really just a guy who doesn't want a relationship, or at least not the kind the woman does. Yet she will allow things to continue with him because she hopes one day he will magically wake up and "reform" into the perfect boyfriend/husband she wants.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:02 PM

6 posts, read 5,375 times
I remember a 20-year-old guy at my college school about two years ago who was a very typical "bad boy" type - he was very tall (probably about 6'7), very muscular, got expelled a couple times, and was pretty more or less a gangster.
And nobody dared to provoke him in any way, even the "cocky" guys at that school instantly started looking and acting like submissive puppies when he was somewhere nearby - you know, fidgeting, making sure to not speak to him if he didn't want to, listening very intently to him whenever he spoke etc.
I would definitely consider him a type of "bad boy".

The funny thing is that both me and a whole lot of the younger girls (we were between 15-18 at that time) were head over heels for him because we thought that he was "so exciting" - groups of girlfriends would start giggling and trying to say hi to him when they saw him, and if he was alone somewhere there was almost always at least one girl smiling shyly at him and checking him out with large eyes like a curious child, or simply walked up to him and asked some random questions and then never left until he started to get annoyed.
He didn't need to do anything at all to get dates with the girls there, all he did was standing by himself somewhere and then a girl would walk up to him and try to talk to him.
And no matter how cold or impatient he seemed, the girl would give him her number before leaving.
As far as I know, he would usually agree to have sex with the girl who asked him out (although he never asked them himself, we were the ones who asked him out and pretty much begged for a date), then be unfaithful as soon as another girl started flirting with him.
He did that to me as well once, then we had sex non-stop and then all of a sudden I found out that he was dating some other girl, and that definitely hurt a whole lot.
But not because I was in love with him, but because I was just like the other girls - I thought there was something highly arousing about his tall, strong looks and "dangerous" personality.

Last edited by KittyRosa94; 03-23-2015 at 03:23 PM..

Old 03-23-2015, 04:47 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareOnWax View Post
Skydive Outlaw is 100% spot on. Bad Boys are men who live their life by their own rules, not by rules imposed upon them. Bad boys are the guys who can get most any woman they wish, at a snap of a finger. (and usually dump her right after they finish). Bad boys are the men that make women moist, in any situation. Todays women married to Beta fruit cakes (about 90% of male population) are married to their beta provider simple to security reason. His nice steady paycheck comes in handy. However, dont let that fool you. Her nice guy husband isnt the man that she really sexually wants on an intuitive level. She is still onging for the bad boy sex, the stuff that really gets her juices flowing. This is why so many women cheat on their nice guy fruity husbands. Ladies, you can feel free to admit to reality. Fellas, stop being such fricken wussies. Grow up and act like men.
Ah, we have another MRA in our midst!

Old 03-23-2015, 05:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Bad boys don't care what people think. Charlie Harper from Two and a half men is a prime example of a bad boy. A woman could reject him but he won't care. A woman told him she loved him and he said thank you. She told him to drop dead but he didn't care. Overall, bad boys sleep with a lot of women but usually don't care about them or what they think. I grew up with cousins like this. They get women and have sex with them but don't care about them other than sex.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
James Dean had the look but seemed like he was more introverted and not really actually bad so not sure why he is being lumped in with thugs? Also yes, completely agree with the posters who said that its basically a term that guys that can't get laid blame women saying they only go for "bad boys" and that they dont go for nice guys. Like everything is that black and white.

And i would never date or marry a party girl
Party girls and sorority girls are the type I'd never get involved with. I don't trust them. So I know how you feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships