Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 02:18 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,779 times

Advertisements

Yes there's hope.

We just got married and neither of us wants children.

I know more and more women who are making this decision. The thing is they are mainly in large cities and not small towns where the pressure looms large to procreate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 03:07 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Yes there's hope.

We just got married and neither of us wants children.

I know more and more women who are making this decision. The thing is they are mainly in large cities and not small towns where the pressure looms large to procreate.
Yeah, I knew at a very very young age that kids weren't for me, same goes with Mrs. Chow she knew at a young age too.

I just love our lifestyle much more simpler and less stress because of kids.. don't get me wrong I'm not a kid hater, matter of fact in these threads people with no kids can get quite ugly and nasty about it, I usually try and jump in usually the first to not say nasty stuff about kids.

I just don't feel comfortable around kids, I don't know what to talk about its awkward as hell for me.....

I think that the OP should look into dating and other "support" type sites that cater to the no children crowd.

The irony of my not wanting kids is that when looking into real estate areas the good schools is one of the first things I look for... LOL..... tends to draw a better crowd of people. Good family types....

Old 04-03-2015, 03:22 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Now, if you're looking for a woman who's ok with a couple days a week, monogamously, in separate homes, for life (or a very long time).....well, that's a very rare woman. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.
This is an interesting comment. Actually, "alternative" arrangements like this have been becoming more common, especially the maintaining-separate-homes part. But not at the OP's age. Typically that's a choice made by people who are a bit older, and don't want to give up having their own space, for whatever reason.

And as you may know, OP, there are women out there who don't want to have kids. They're not unicorns, but they're still hard to find, just like compatibility can be hard to find.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:53 PM

40 posts, read 24,942 times
I may be an outlier here, but I think you'll have an easier time finding the arrangement you describe than finding a woman who wants marriage and family, but I also wouldn't expect the situation to be monogamous.

I don't think women really want monogamous relationships, LTRs and/or marriage/family anymore.

I'm 36 if it makes any difference.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:07 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,796,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTheFisherman View Post
I may be an outlier here, but I think you'll have an easier time finding the arrangement you describe than finding a woman who wants marriage and family, but I also wouldn't expect the situation to be monogamous.

I don't think women really want monogamous relationships, LTRs and/or marriage/family anymore.
I can only assume that your personal experiences that lead you to believe this, but it's grossly inaccurate.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I can only assume that your personal experiences that lead you to believe this, but it's grossly inaccurate.
I saw that post and soda about burst out of my mouth.... LOL....

Old 04-03-2015, 05:08 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,796,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is an interesting comment. Actually, "alternative" arrangements like this have been becoming more common, especially the maintaining-separate-homes part. But not at the OP's age. Typically that's a choice made by people who are a bit older, and don't want to give up having their own space, for whatever reason.
True, but let's keep in mind that .7% is "more common" than .5%. Just because it's becoming more common doesn't mean that it's remotely popular by any stretch.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:16 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
True, but let's keep in mind that .7% is "more common" than .5%. Just because it's becoming more common doesn't mean that it's remotely popular by any stretch.
It means there's hope for the OP, as the number of those arrangements continues to grow. However, some of those arrangements involve marriage. If the OP remains committed to his no-marriage preference, then his options shrink to odds closer to finding a needle in a haystack.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:18 PM

There are some people out there that do do the separate household thing even when married.

I have only heard of one situation in my whole life and that was a coworker I only know very informally.

He was kind of weird so maybe his wife insisted on that set up... LOL

Here in la la land stuff is so expensive it makes more sense to pool your resources.... but whatever works for each couple, I guess.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:57 PM

40 posts, read 24,942 times
Quote:
Well, the dating/mating/relating scene is very dysfunctional right now, most people seem to agree. There is room for a lot of different experiences as a result.

Since turning 30, I've mostly encountered women who are cheaters, liars, flakes, whacked out single mothers with real doosies for exes.

But I'm also open to the possibility that its me...ha. People in general just seemed to have their heads on straighter when I was in my 20's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships