Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 08:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,992,794 times

Advertisements

Hmmm like Sarah?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,992,794 times
Acts 21:9 He had four unmarried daughters who prophesied.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,918,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I can see a woman getting jealous if you had to go old school and slam the ham to get another woman preggers, but to do the surrogate thing and be jealous or whatever seems odd.

Plus the legal documents are drawn up so that the surrogate doesn't have any parental rights whatsoever, that's an automatic deal right there, so that worry is silly.
I thought so too, but in many cases the surrogate gets some rights.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
A loy of times with a surrogate, they take the infertile womans eggs, and the mans sperm, and put them in the host woman.
True and other cases the egg is donated and implanted into a surrogate uterus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In those days, it was different. Often, women who couldn't conceive were abandoned. So allowing the husband to have a child with another woman, and bring that child into the home, would have been one way to keep the husband. However, in those days, they also had no way of knowing whether it was the man or the woman who couldn't conceive. The husband could end up having a rude awakening, if he discovered he was the one impeding the couple's fertility.
And of course it was always the woman's fault. Can you imagine saying the husband could have sex with someone else? Often the wife knew he was having sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
There are many children of different ages who need to be adopted by a loving couple...
Agreed and I'd love to adopt an older child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmm like Sarah?
Yep and Jacob's wives who had kids then their slaves who were their half sisters.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:18 PM

52,410 posts, read 52,930,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I thought so too, but in many cases the surrogate gets some rights.
Well... I'm not a lawyer, so I can't argue the details... but on a level I can see someone being a little hesitant, just in case they litigate and if anything there's a small potential for that... IDK.....

Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 PM

2,776 posts, read 4,000,890 times
To the OP: Much better to adopt in my opinion if there's any doubt or hesitancy.

As I age, I am finding my feelings on this whole topic area have changed significantly. The only consistency I see with what I wrote in college decades ago (I happen to have some interesting "take a stand" papers, one of which is on this topic), is that ultimately you and your partner need to make a decision that you both can and will live with whether you have the children yourself, adopt, or if there's a surrogate or donated sperm. Having children is a serious thing, and with divorce rates what they are, you need to really think through things as much as possible as early as possible. You cannot plan for every contingency, but if you can identify points of contention early on and work to resolve them you can potentially set yourself up for a happier and more enduring marriage.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
To the OP: Much better to adopt in my opinion if there's any doubt or hesitancy.

As I age, I am finding my feelings on this whole topic area have changed significantly. The only consistency I see with what I wrote in college decades ago (I happen to have some interesting "take a stand" papers, one of which is on this topic), is that ultimately you and your partner need to make a decision that you both can and will live with whether you have the children yourself, adopt, or if there's a surrogate or donated sperm. Having children is a serious thing, and with divorce rates what they are, you need to really think through things as much as possible as early as possible. You cannot plan for every contingency, but if you can identify points of contention early on and work to resolve them you can potentially set yourself up for a happier and more enduring marriage.
It wasn't about me and my boyfriend, it was hypothetical. Actually I've been reading about Abraham and Sarah in their bible. In our case we have decided if we can't have kids we'll adopt or not at all.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:29 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,290,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Women were also blamed for not producing boys, which we now know sperm determine the gender of a baby. Henry VIII....
Actually, Henry VIII had a son with Jane Seymour. Edward VI was crowned at age 10 upon Henry's death and reigned until his death at age 15.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:40 PM

48,634 posts, read 35,104,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, Henry VIII had a son with Jane Seymour. Edward VI was crowned at age 10 upon Henry's death and reigned until his death at age 15.
Mary I (Catherine) and Elizabeth I (Anne). Lots of infants who were stillborn.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-05-2015, 04:40 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,294,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
In the bible there isn't. I heard of this trend where people have sex so a child will result and one of the parents isn't responsible. Just bizarre.
Perhaps it's acceptable now, since when it was first written, artificial insemination wasn't practiced. Of course it could just be convenience to not update that part of the Bible.......lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships