Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 06:44 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillachocolate View Post
i believe it's spanish for novel, or story/soap opera of some kind.
sí.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 07:17 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
It's an English word.

A novella is longer than a short story but shorter than a novel.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:33 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
It's an English word.

A novella is longer than a short story but shorter than a novel.
Sorry, and thanks. Like I said, been ages since I heard the word, around when I was 10-12. And when I heard it spoken, it was by Spanish-speaking people so that's where I lumped it.

But in any case, OP has asked the question already. And if things haven't gotten better now, they probably won'r. So he needs to let go and not invest anymore time into a relationship that isn't compatible sexually.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:03 AM

720 posts, read 500,923 times
I'm gonna go with "novella" being a wordier version of "Nutella". It's more fun.

OP, just go find another chick. This one has some issues and without delving too deep into it, let's just say it's nobody's fault but that you're not right for one another. Don't waste a whole bunch of time trying to figure her out because you're probably not. Honestly, reading your post sounded like you guys were married. I was tempted half-way through to just suggest a scheduled "sex night" but then I realized you're not married.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:25 AM

3 posts, read 1,950 times
Yes, i have posted on many forums... i forgot i did it there.

Anyways i hate myself now because after half a year when things improved, she bought a new bigger bed for her room (she lives with parents) so i could spent a night there. But i didnt, even tho she asked me multiple times to do so... and showed me that bothers her... i didnt because i felt uncomfortable sleeping in her parents house with her mother in the next room and because i wanted to GET BACK AT HER. Im hating myself for that.. its playing games... It might turned out differently if i wasnt that stupid. Now she lost interest and nothing i can do. She doesnt invite me anymore and when i invite myself she always has a reason why i cant come. I BLAME myself for everything at this point. Sometimes im just dumb...

Old 05-30-2015, 05:02 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Havent you posted a similar thread not long ago?

Look, having sex 20 times in 1 year is NOT normal (try 200), sex every 6 weeks is NOT normal if you are in love or even atteacted to your partner.

I ve been in a relationship for a year and recently, cause of a medical condition of mine, we werent able to have sex for almost 3 weeks. We were DYING to have it, this 3 weeks have been the worst, we barely been able to hold it, so we finally cave yesterday, even when im still not 100%. Those weeks not having sex were "torture", not a "normal week"

Point is: if you like eachother, you should be all over eacother having sex at least 2-3 times a week and NOT having sex every 6 weeks, thats insane

Drop her and find a girl that wanna sleep with you

Old 05-30-2015, 06:18 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Look, having sex 20 times in 1 year is NOT normal (try 200), sex every 6 weeks is NOT normal if you are in love or even atteacted to your partner.

I ve been in a relationship for a year and recently, cause of a medical condition of mine, we werent able to have sex for almost 3 weeks. We were DYING to have it, this 3 weeks have been the worst, we barely been able to hold it, so we finally cave yesterday, even when im still not 100%. Those weeks not having sex were "torture", not a "normal week"

Point is: if you like eachother, you should be all over eacother having sex at least 2-3 times a week and NOT having sex every 6 weeks, thats insane

this

Old 05-30-2015, 06:31 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
You need to break up with her and move on. Neither of you are happy and you're sexually incompatible. This relationship has run its course and to stay with it will be an exercise in frustration and futility. You both deserve better.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:18 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kick2face1 View Post
Yes, i have posted on many forums... i forgot i did it there.

Anyways i hate myself now because after half a year when things improved, she bought a new bigger bed for her room (she lives with parents) so i could spent a night there. But i didnt, even tho she asked me multiple times to do so... and showed me that bothers her... i didnt because i felt uncomfortable sleeping in her parents house with her mother in the next room and because i wanted to GET BACK AT HER. Im hating myself for that.. its playing games... It might turned out differently if i wasnt that stupid. Now she lost interest and nothing i can do. She doesnt invite me anymore and when i invite myself she always has a reason why i cant come. I BLAME myself for everything at this point. Sometimes im just dumb...
I'm not sure that was the only problem, OP. I don't think it's fair to blame yourself. It was pretty clear there were problems on her side of the equation, too. Though declining her invitations just to get back at her wasn't the best idea. Still, it doesn't explain why she always made excuses not to spend weekends at your place, where there would be total privacy.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:20 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

this X10000, the last girl i dated was great on paper except....in the bedroom, i waited and waited, i tried to put moves on her but she shut me down. the only thing she'd want to do was cuddle and maybe kiss or makeout. it was absolutely torture for me. not because i am a sex fiend, but its like, does this person even really care about me or my needs? She wasnt a good communicator so she never brought up what her deal was or if she had, had some trauma in the past.

Most girls i've dated, have acted interested or have reciprocated. For her it seemed like i was engaging a doll. Who knows what the issue was but after several months of being dissatisfied, the relationship dissolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships