Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 07:35 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
My boyfriend is a 100% bonafide demoncrat.

Me? I was a democrat...now I'm oscillating between democrat and republican...and leaning more towards republican.

There's no better way for me to get his blood boiling, than spouting any supporting Republican views, lol.
Truth be told, I consider myself to be a socially liberal, fiscally conservative......

Not sure what political camp that puts me in... cause I have a lot of issues with both sides of the house... the dems seem to be too much of a tax and spend mentality and the repubs seem creepily interested in my sex life....

Can't win on either side..... to be honest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 07:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,217,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Truth be told, I consider myself to be a socially liberal, fiscally conservative......

Not sure what political camp that puts me in... cause I have a lot of issues with both sides of the house... the dems seem to be too much of a tax and spend mentality and the repubs seem creepily interested in my sex life....

When you have 2 extremist camps, the best thing to do is peacefully meditate in the middle.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:53 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,616 times
Quote:
The problem with debating is that someone usually gets all upset and pissed off about things... Not me... I can discuss subjects all day and be pretty even keeled.

Mrs. Chow has an aunt and my god... this woman, she get all wrapped around the axle to the point being really really unpleasant to be around... dare I say a complete *****... LOL.....

I told mrs. chow that the next time they are in town I'm going to be busy and or otherwise occupied.......
You are right, that incident I mentioned was very unpleasant, it made other customers very uncomfortable.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:27 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,614,945 times
I like middle of the road women who are smart enough to know that both parties are corrupt and vote accordingly (vote for the lessor of two evils in any given race).

Hardline R's and D's make my ass itch.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:33 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I like middle of the road women who are smart enough to know that both parties are corrupt and vote accordingly (vote for the lessor of two evils in any given race).

Hardline R's and D's make my ass itch.
Politicians are bought and paid for long long before they get anywhere... you add a high level office like the presidency or senate and it's magnified a 100 times....

Old 07-27-2015, 02:27 AM

432 posts, read 362,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_Newbie View Post
I am completely drawn to men who are my complete political opposite. I am a lefty and fall for right wing conservatives. I enjoy the debates and discussions we have and now, with the 2016 political season upon us, I am curious about other couples.

Are the two of you on the same team or are you a red/blue house divided?
Even though I don't like placing labels on myself, my actions and viewpoints definitely lean towards a hardcore conservative standpoint. But that isn't to say that I disagree with everything liberals have to say, I personally think Obama was an O.K president if that means anything. I agree with anything that sounds right to me basically. I'm also on board for Trump for pres.

The women I attract are generally opposite of my viewpoint, which I don't mind, but it is interesting that opposites can attract!

Old 07-27-2015, 03:02 AM

720 posts, read 501,282 times
Quote:

I think this would make you a Libertarian.

You know, not to attack you, but I hear the "I'm socially liberal but fiscally conservative" thing all the time, especially online, and it doesn't make a lot of sense. I honestly don't know how anyone can look at the state of affairs and think you can legitimately be socially liberal and fiscally conservative at the same time. They're inextricably linked.

In theory, nobody cares what you do. No, not even the "Christian Right" cares all that much. But human nature being what it is, eventually, things you do begin to affect others. It's just like when people complain about drug laws. No, they don't want the government telling them what drugs they can and can't take in their 20s when they're having fun and partying and everything's cool. But when they get in their 40s and they've wrecked their bodies from all the partying, well, now everyone has to pitch to give that person "affordable" health care.

Same with some women. Many women resent the idea that the Right wants to dissuade them from having sex outside of marriage, because who are they to tell them what to do? But, when some of those women wind up having kids out of wedlock by guys who, surprise surprise, were only interested in sex, now they want the government to come in and make their kid's father pay up, and they want the government to provide for them and their kids.

I'm not trying to lecture or preach -- you can be what you want to be -- but I think it's a good rule of thumb to remember that you should always be prepared to pay for what you permit.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:59 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,616 times
We do not debate or discuss politics, we have much better things to do with out time and lives

Old 07-27-2015, 09:15 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,533 times
My wife and I score fairly similarly on political views quizzes and right left rankings, but our opinions of politics are very different. I am very much a local politics guy, and she is much more interested in national and international issues. I care about both, but compared to her, I am much more concerned with local issues. For example, I have a first name relationship with every council member in our village, but I can name less than half of the 16 2016 Republican presidential hopefuls. On the other hand, my wife knows the R vs D senators voting records on international trade and environmental regulations, but doesn't know one agenda item discussed over the last year in our local government.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
I think there's also a perspective that, if people do discuss politics or partisan issues, that is ALL they discuss, and that they don't "have better things to do with their lives and time," which isn't really accurate.

My husband and I may discuss politics, current events, policy, social issues, etc. as they come up organically in conversation. Does that mean that's the ONLY THING WE DO, or THE ONLY THINGS WE TALK ABOUT? Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships