Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:45 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,153,597 times

Advertisements

It gets easier as we age because we're more confident and comfortable in our own skin. As for me, I'd much rather spend my 20s creating memories with an attractive female, not alone and certainly not with my buddies. So that's what I did. I met my wife when I was 20 and was married at 27. I wouldn't change a thing.

You can be the best version of you with a woman by your side. As a matter of fact, you'll be a better you with the One. Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 06:47 PM

837 posts, read 754,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Having more sex would be good for your psyche.

very true

the problem for me is that I can't settle for an overweight woman. Settling just goes against the very fiber of my DNA. Everything I do in life, I want to be the best - I want to be in that top 1% across the board in everything. This drive is what has fueled my success

And I understand that dating is not a competition but I just can't make myself settle for somebody I feel zero attraction for. I still feel like I deserve a decent looking companion.

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I have very little tolerance for overweight women. I consider myself to be in mediocre shape right now and I have nearly a 2-1 shoulder to waist ratio.
So?

Seriously, there's a reason that you're not getting dates, and it's not because of anything outside of yourself.

Until you figure out what is going on *inside of you* and make a commitment to work to improve it, NOTHING is going to change.

138 posts, read 92,304 times
Quote:
I enjoyed her company, she was a very nice person. Felt no attraction to her and the sex was meh. She was crazy about me

I have very little tolerance for overweight women. I consider myself to be in mediocre shape right now and I have nearly a 2-1 shoulder to waist ratio.
It's not always their size that matters. It's how they treat you.

Beauty is skin deep, ugly goes to the bone!

Old 09-24-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post

You can be the best version of you with a woman by your side. As a matter of fact, you'll be a better you with the One. Just saying.

yea but it doesn't seem to be an option man. I can't seem to find a decent looking gal who wants anything to do with me

Old 09-24-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Shooter View Post
It's not always their size that matters. It's how they treat you.

Beauty is skin deep, ugly goes to the bone!

a great relationship without physical attraction is called friendship, not a romantic relationship

I get treated great by my male friends but I don't want to have sex with them either

Old 09-24-2015, 06:50 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
Quote:
I still feel like I deserve a decent looking companion.
See that word in bold?

Deserve-- according to dictionary.com, a verb meaning to merit, be qualified for, or have a claim to (reward, assistance, punishment, etc.) because of actions, qualities, or situation:

Get it out of your dating vocabulary.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
I don't think dating will ever get any easier for you.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
See that word in bold?

Deserve-- according to dictionary.com, a verb meaning to merit, be qualified for, or have a claim to (reward, assistance, punishment, etc.) because of actions, qualities, or situation:

Get it out of your dating vocabulary.

be qualified for is what I was implying - I wasn't saying I'm entitled to a decent looking companion. Nobody is entitled to sh*t in this world.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying you deserve a great relationship with a decent looking partner. We all deserve to be loved by someone we find attractive.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't think dating will ever get any easier for you.

If the older women love me now, why wouldn't they love me more when I'm their age?

It's not like I'm going to lose anything physically - I'll probably be in better shape and look better at 35 than I do now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships