Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 07:22 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,153,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
yea but it doesn't seem to be an option man. I can't seem to find a decent looking gal who wants anything to do with me
Hey, I understand. I was a shy guy too. The night I met my wife, one of my buddies literally put his hand on my lower back and pushed me into her so I would talk to her. I wasn't the best looking guy, never worked out a day in my life but she thought I was cute and that's all that mattered. Once we had our introductions it was on.

You need to find that extra gear. For the record, if you do decide to wait, I have no trouble talking to women now that I'm in my 40s so there's that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 07:23 PM

837 posts, read 754,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
Oh come on. All he's looking for is someone who's a 7/10 or above, likes working out, is a foodie but has a great body, likes football and baseball but is feminine, doesn't have a competitive high powered job but isn't a gold digger, and watches all the TV shows he likes. Why is that so wrong?

actually all I'm looking for is a 6/10 or higher who is a good person, everything else is negotiable

Old 09-24-2015, 07:23 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Personally, I became much pickier in my 40s than I was in my 20s. I knew what I did and did not want, and had no problem passing on men if any of the traits I (felt) needed were not present; or, the reverse.

I had a good life, good friends and loved being alone. I would rather have stayed home and binge watched Netflix than to spend time with a guy who wasn't right for me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 PM

314 posts, read 237,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
If anything I think that's why he's getting the cougars and gay men. If I were either of those, on the prowl, I'd want to hook up with someone shallow and uncomplicated. Very casual.
He's a short term fun toy for them. whether Its a month or 3. Highly a measure for how desirable he is to other successful professionals his age.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Personally, I became much pickier in my 40s than I was in my 20s. I knew what I did and did not want, and had no problem passing on men if any of the traits I (felt) needed were not present; or, the reverse.

then explain what's happening to me. Why have women in their 40s been so receptive to me?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxm98 View Post
He's a short term fun toy for them. whether Its a month or 3. Highly a measure for how desirable he is to other successful professionals his age.

bullsh*t, all the women wanted me long term. I was the one who cut it off

The 35 year old wouldn't stop texting me for a year. She was very unattractive though, the worst looking one in the group

Old 09-24-2015, 07:34 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
then explain what's happening to me. Why have women in their 40s been so receptive to me?
I think it's you. You are acting different around them (because that's not who you want), and are being more appealing.

Can't rule out that you ARE good looking. Women in their 40s have no problem with having a boy toy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-24-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think it's you. You are acting different around them (because that's not who you want), and are being more appealing.

Can't rule out that you ARE good looking. Women in their 40s have no problem with having a boy toy.

yea all 4 of the women wouldn't stop complimenting me and telling me how much they loved my muscles

You think that because I'm not as attracted or as interested in these women that my behavior is more attractive towards them? I don't understand, why do women want somebody who does not want them?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,911,132 times
Quote:
Everything I strive for in life, I strive for top 1 to top 5%...not this top 20% nonsense. Being top 20% is easy

In terms of money and success for example, I won't stop until I'm making close to 500-800K a year. That's not top 1%, that's more like top 0.1%

Clearly you aren't even in the top 20% when it comes to getting a woman your age.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Maybe. But you could also be dead by then.

I think you should be very conscious that time is running out for you, minute by minute.

Tick tock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships