Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 09:49 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That's exactly my point! Do I bother to tell my gf about my mundane drive to work? No. Do I tell her I had a sandwich in the break room? No. Do I tell her an attractive woman that I met ata party a few weeks ago let me know she was in town and we went out for a nice lunch? Yes. Because that is NOT some typical silly stuff that happens all day long. It was likely the most atypical thing that happened all day if not all week so it deserves mentioning. To not mention something like that is not an oversight.
Do you not get to meet and befriend attractive people on a regular basis?

I have to agree with you that I would have told my wife that I went out to lunch with someone I just met. Not because of the person, but because I never go out to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 11:02 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Assuming this is legit and not some social experiment from a college student, due to the fact that there are other threads with almost identical situations....

This is the line that bothers me:

Quote:
He said he didn't tell me about it because he didn't want me to think the wrong thing.
You think that maybe the reason you are having trust issues now is because HE didn't trust YOU enough to tell you about it? That he put the 'blame' on you? "I didn't tell you because of you" ...that's what sticks out to me more than anything else written.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:07 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You think that maybe the reason you are having trust issues now is because HE didn't trust YOU enough to tell you about it? That he put the 'blame' on you? "I didn't tell you because of you" ...that's what sticks out to me more than anything else written.

I think you brought out on of the most important issues. I know anytime I feel I don't want to tell my spouse something (whether it's related to money, kids, whatever) is an indicator to march right in and tell him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-30-2015, 11:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Assuming this is legit and not some social experiment from a college student, due to the fact that there are other threads with almost identical situations....

Agree.

I have a real problem with anyone using that reason not to tell you something.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:21 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Your husband was wrong to do what he did, and made it worse by not telling you. I would be very upset if my husband did this, and he would feel the same if it were reversed.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:27 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,278,383 times
Showed this thread to my husband of less than a year, he said that your husband may be cheating and covers it up with casual texts to make it all seem nothing is happening in writing.

Personally, that other chic should know her boundaries and back off. Nothing wrong with being friendly, but only to the husband and no mention of wanting to meet the wife? Sending a friendly text here and there is fine but everyday for 2 weeks? Aren't there other people she can go meet?

Old 10-30-2015, 01:00 PM

92 posts, read 167,437 times
Quote:

Yes! This!

And...for me, the whole bit about sending a picture of slices of bread and saying it reminded him of her? To me, that means he wants her to know that he is thinking of her. If my husband ever did that I would be furious!

OP, if it were me, I would be honest. Let your husband know that this whole situation is still bothering you as much as it is...because if it has been 6 months, you are clearly not over it. Best of luck.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:49 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,433 times
Wow you need to settle down the jealousy meter!!!!!

Old 10-30-2015, 02:01 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
Wow you need to settle down the jealousy meter!!!!!
Are you married?

Old 10-30-2015, 02:31 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
If someone wants to cheat on you, believe me they will fine a way. The point is, decide to trust, or don't and leave.
Yep, vigilance will not prevent them from cheating. But I'd rather be a snoop and find out within a month or two than be blind and naive and find out 18 months later when they announce they are leaving me.

Trust is earned and lost. Because you trusted them yesterday doesn't mean you will trust them in the future, if they violate that trust. And because you don't trust them today doesn't mean you won't begin trusting them as confidence builds. That is why "trust or leave" is not acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships