Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 11:22 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,767,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
To clarify, I am not talking about politically or morally conservative, I am talking sexually conservative. While morally and sexually conservative often run hand in hand, the don't always. Case in point is one of my gay friends and his husband. They are sexually conservative in that they both wanted a strong, committed relationship (and got married). The one who was my friend first didn't seem to sleep around or take part in the more liberal gay sexual culture--in that regard, he was sexually conservative. But he's not politically conservative at all and I he certainly doesn't go around preaching morals to anyone.

I am the same way I think I am the same way (although I am straight). I don't care what other people do, I don't preach to people, etc. I am politically moderate and kind of a live and let live person. In my own relationships though, I tend to be more sexually conservative when it comes to partners (being loyal to one person, no FWB or FB, or that sort of thing).
I am pretty open minded and am not conservative on most issues, but I know I could not do the FBW or FB situation. It would seem to clinical or animalistic. I am not sexually conservative, but I am a monogamist. Which ever way you cut it, things are not always black or white. I guess there is a lot of grey in the world. Please note I am not saying it is right or wrong, but it sort of lacking. I equate this to borrowing something vs owning it. I am totally in to owning my stuff ( I do know you can`t own a person, it is just an example).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 11:34 AM

914 posts, read 769,940 times
Why should this thread digress into a battle between conservative or progressivism. That is a never ending battle which covers a wide range of issues but will not change the fact that men who don't approach women (through OLD or in person) will have fewer chances to meet them. There's really nothing else to it, shy guys start approaching the women you want to approach, or you will never meet them in the first place.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 AM

252 posts, read 189,608 times
The thread of this title is basically begging for pity sex, which is not sustainable. Desire cannot be negotiated

Old 11-18-2015, 02:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,347,898 times
As a shy guy who has dated three women in his life, there's a few things a lot of you need to know about the behaviors of shy men...

1- Shy men rarely pursue anyone. What's generally going through our heads is when we meet an attractive woman is "no woman is interested in me" so we usually switch into avoid mode, where we will put as much space between us and the women we like, but will observe everything from a distance. This makes us difficult to know, because we aren't confirming to social norms for men in dating.

2- Every shy man has their own speed. Myself, I lose my shyness very quickly when I'm around a woman I like. However, lot's of shy men aren't like me and it might take them much more longer to come around.

3- One of the bonuses for the women who date shy men is once you have "broken him in", he will be very faithful and loving to his woman.

Overall, most women don't dislike shy men at all. They just don't know you. That's how I see it.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:54 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,767,024 times
Default Mostly agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
As a shy guy who has dated three women in his life, there's a few things a lot of you need to know about the behaviors of shy men...

1- Shy men rarely pursue anyone. What's generally going through our heads is when we meet an attractive woman is "no woman is interested in me" so we usually switch into avoid mode, where we will put as much space between us and the women we like, but will observe everything from a distance. This makes us difficult to know, because we aren't confirming to social norms for men in dating.

2- Every shy man has their own speed. Myself, I lose my shyness very quickly when I'm around a woman I like. However, lot's of shy men aren't like me and it might take them much more longer to come around.

3- One of the bonuses for the women who date shy men is once you have "broken him in", he will be very faithful and loving to his woman.

Overall, most women don't dislike shy men at all. They just don't know you. That's how I see it.

I am female am the same way you described in terms of interacting with men. I think this is more a shy personality issue then just shy men. However ladies as someone who has been in longer term ex multiple year relationships with a "shy man" I got to say that #3 is not always true. It might be at first, but once you help that confidence build Mr. Shy guy can turn out to be Mr. Full of himself. I got burnt that way really bad by someone. I got to say shy or not shy, male or female... only time will tell if anyone is really faithful and loving. First impressions and looks can be deceiving.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:16 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,439,969 times
Quote:

So, once you've "broken him in" (aka- p-whipped) you got him wrapped around the finger.

From what I've observed, I find this sadly true.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:32 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,333,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, once you've "broken him in" (aka- p-whipped) you got him wrapped around the finger.

From what I've observed, I find this sadly true.
Faithful and loving are not the same as whipped. Every woman wants a man who is both of those things, and being those two things is the only way to make a long term relationship work whether you are male or female or shy or not.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:02 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,491,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Why should this thread digress into a battle between conservative or progressivism. That is a never ending battle which covers a wide range of issues but will not change the fact that men who don't approach women (through OLD or in person) will have fewer chances to meet them. There's really nothing else to it, shy guys start approaching the women you want to approach, or you will never meet them in the first place.
Thread should end here.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:09 PM

37,823 posts, read 46,367,178 times
Quote:

What? Are you implying that men that are not shy, are not "faithful and loving"?

Old 11-18-2015, 09:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,347,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What? Are you implying that men that are not shy, are not "faithful and loving"?
I didn't mean it like that lol. I meant that shy men aren't used to dating much so they'll cherish it more. Outgoing men can be the same but they usually have no problem attracting women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships