Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 06:08 AM

15 posts, read 9,552 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I wonder why didn't good things happen for me and happy things go for others? I turned 40 years old this past September and it seems like nothing is going good. A lot of my peers that go to my church have got married over the past 5 and 6 years and already have small kids that will be entering pre school or kindergarten. I can't hang out with them because they are busy with family stuff or they hang out with other people with kids. To make matters worse I got an email from my exfiance the day before Christmas telling me that she just got engaged. She even sent a photo of her and her fiancé. Mind you , I had no communication with her after she and I broke up 4 years ago. I dated on and off after the break up but I needed a break from the break up. I do t know why she would send me a email like that . And when I even hear about or see even younger people settling down and having families it is just I think to myself , did I completely waste my life away?

The only thing going good for me is that I have a good career. I am going to be buying a new house after this winter. The projects I plan to do with the new place and things that I want to buy to make my house look. Awesome are making me happy. I like coming up with new ideas as to what I will do with the new place. Plus I am going on vacation to Cozunel in the first week of February. So as relationship and to have a family, is my life over for that since I see younger people and people my age already settling down? Is it too late? How about all the plans I am planning to do? Should I just forget about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 06:37 AM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Never too late for marriage.
People get married in their 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond.

" Just turned 40 is life over for happiness? "
Happiness is a choice, and you can choose to be happy at any age.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:52 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,463,858 times
Nah man, you are 40 and have a good career. Postpone the home purchase (too much work), and focus on dating women in their 20s. Your good career should help you attract them, but don't work too many hours so that you don't have enough time for romantic relationships.

Why are you going to Cozumel alone?

Old 01-06-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Nah man, you are 40 and have a good career. Postpone the home purchase (too much work), and focus on dating women in their 20s. Your good career should help you attract them, but don't work too many hours so that you don't have enough time for romantic relationships.

I am going with my cousin to Cozumel. Plus would women in their 20s be interested after they find out that I am 40? Although I have a rewarding career and all they will say that they can find a guy younger than me in his late 20s or early 30s?

Old 01-06-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Never too late for marriage.
People get married in their 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond.

" Just turned 40 is life over for happiness? "
Happiness is a choice, and you can choose to be happy at any age.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:45 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
Hi Happy birthday to ya. Well think positive , positive thoughts create positive energy , positive energy creates positive happenings. I was married young and I was divorced even before 30. I am still not 40 but I am always happy. Be happy is your choice. When and where and how is also your choice . Where I have no control I don't take it to my head and make my self miserable. Good luck It is your third post I think you need to cry way lot to gain some points just kidding.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha music favfan View Post
I am going with my cousin to Cozumel. Plus would women in their 20s be interested after they find out that I am 40? Although I have a rewarding career and all they will say that they can find a guy younger than me in his late 20s or early 30s?
What you're doing is evaluating your life by comparing what others have.

These guys who are married with kids probably envy you going on trips, having money and buying a nice home.

I agree with the early post to be positive. You could be divorced 3 times and think you are a failure and that no one wants you. Yeah. Think about that.

I'd say make an effort to be more out going and smile a lot. This will attract women and find you desirable. Keep your eyes open when you are in public. Chances are there are ladies checking you out from a distance. It's your job to look around and see who is always in the same aisle as you or is always making contact with you.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:03 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Why would you want a 20's lady? Find one that at least 30+, they can still make babies at that age if you want a family and are probably ripe for finding a good man to settle down.

In the long run you'll be happier with someone closer to your age.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:06 AM

245 posts, read 193,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Why would you want a 20's lady? Find one that at least 30+, they can still make babies at that age if you want a family and are probably ripe for finding a good man to settle down.

In the long run you'll be happier with someone closer to your age.
Why?

Nothing wrong with a 25 year old woman.

40 is not even that old for a guy.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:08 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post

[Bleep.]Bad advice. What do you wanna do with a 20something girl??

Get your house and find a woman your age. They will be gladly taking a guy with a property and no kids and ex wife. And if you have hair, teeth, and no beer belly, your dating pool is pretty big.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-06-2016 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships