Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 05:05 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Who do you think we're talking about? You just joined an hour ago.
People do lurk on here you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 05:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Are you REALLY that excited or do you just like to do it to get attention? I just have a hard time picturing someone jumping up and down and squealing out of genuine delight over a stuffed animal.

Anyway, if that's who you truly are and you aren't just trying to be cute or get attention - then you should just continue to be who you are. The right person will appreciate you for who you are. If you are doing this to be cute or get attention, I suggest you cut it out. And lastly, if you know that when you act like this over a stuffed animal or an outfit it stresses him out, then I think the nice thing to do would be to stop doing it. That way he doesn't feel like you expect him to buy you things that he can't afford.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:54 PM

5 posts, read 6,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Who do you think we're talking about? You just joined an hour ago.
I've read some threads before joining. You're talking about that girl who always talks about her boyfriends mom being mean and crying when she yells.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:11 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,772,913 times
I would find that majorly annoying and would avoid you.

If your BF gets to a point he finds it majorly annoying, he will avoid you.

No one should have to change who they are for anyone, but you should also understand that some people will not tolerate certain behaviors.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:11 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippyTaco View Post
I've read some threads before joining.
So you know that many of the threads here end in one of two directions:

Grow up,.. etc.. you are the problem.

OR

Dump him/her

I still say that the most important person to be truthful to is yourself.

You remind me of a HS friend of mine... she was a lot of fun.. really knew how to live life. She went through a couple of divorces and became a single mother. No matter what she was still that bubbly self that looked at life always looking to celebrate the small good things in her life. yeh.. she knew how to party loud .. lol She's re-married again now.. for a long time now. Found a great guy who takes full role as a father and husband. They are expecting another child. Finished law school and is a divorce attorney (oddly enough). We recently reconnected and from our last phone call, she hasn't changed one bit... I'm glad.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
I'm 23. I don't think I'm truly immature even though i sometimes come across that way. It's just how i act. I don't make dumb decisions or anything
You are. But it's ok you are young. Don't let the fuddy duddies get you down.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:38 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
My ex was always trying to get me to not embarrass him. It got REALLY old, really quick. (plus, it embarrassed me when he behaved like a grumpy old man and scolded me in front of others). When I meet guys who are super self conscious about how my behavior might attract attention to them, I hit the road (Granted, I am more mature than I used to be, but I still like to have a good time and I can be kinda loud when I'm goofing around)

IMHO it doesn't sound like you are very compatible.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:40 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
Quote:
I've read some threads before joining. You're talking about that girl who always talks about her boyfriends mom being mean and crying when she yells.
Take a lesson from her. If your BFs mother criticizes your behavior (or does your BF just say that she does?) then you need to establish some boundaries, or maybe priorities, really quickly.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:00 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,454,681 times
If that's who you are, that's who you are (assuming you're not just seeking attention) and if he doesn't like it, he's not likely to change his mind. Cut your losses now. He won't change, and you shouldn't have to (again, assuming this isn't some cutesy act you put on for attention.)

Also wanted to say I agree with stan4 - just saw his post so I'm editing - your behavior is probably really off putting - you might want to take a look at it - squealing, jumping up and down and dancing about a restaurant is NOT "bubbly". Really.

Last edited by Missy2U; 02-14-2016 at 10:14 PM..

Old 02-14-2016, 10:05 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
I don't know why women think baby talk or acting like a kid is sexy or attractive.
It's not. It's so super the opposite of sexy.

I like people who are positive and find enjoyment in things, but squealing about going to a restaurant? Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships