Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:10 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Uh, oh-eve, she's not going to get the sarcasm and will take this literally. Should have included this: . Nah, that would not have helped either.
I was hoping she takes it literally!!! That would speed up things a little and the threads would then be named "No clue why he broke up with me" or "Did my crying make him dump me?" or "his mom made him dump me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 03:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
It's all obsolete now anyway as she's " not a member "...... For the minute LOL

Old 02-16-2016, 03:16 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,282 times
I know being overly excited over everything is a tad unusual. Honestly, I would never be bothered dating anyone like that.

I've just had my share of being around people who whine and moan about everything, and not trying to better their situation. I need all the positive company I can get.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:17 PM

11 posts, read 6,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippyTaco View Post
Whenever we plan to go out to eat or some other fun thing i get super excited and sometimes I'll squeal, jump up amd down and dance. Sometimes it seems like it makes him smile but other times it bothers him. I just have a naturally bubbly and excited personality. His friend and his mom think it's annoying too but not as much as he does. I think it's because before plans become definite or if it might not work out i still get super excited and ready for fun. Today my boyfriend and our friend were discussing where to get dinner and when they mentioned Dave and Busters i was like "REALLY?!?!" and git super happy. A few minutes later his friend said i should stop doing that. Well we ended up not doing anything we talked about. No one has ever seemed to mind my bubblyness before. I think it could be because my boyfriend grew up poor and had more disappointments in life than me and his friend was the same way too. Also whenever we are at the store or the mall i get super excited and squealy over stuffed animals or clothes and say i need it soo bad and it stresses him out. He will automatically go over in his head the price and how much I'll have left for food. I mean i don't buy everything i get excited over so i wish he would just enjoy it instead of mentally preparing for us not having food money.
Do you think i should try to tone it down?
You sound fun like me. Are you an ENFP personality type? Sounds like you're around a bunch of stoners and introverts. Don't let them bring you or your enthusiasm for life down. Find people who let you be who you are!! Reminds me of the quote in Con Air "Moments of levity cause the mentally ill pain"

Old 02-18-2016, 05:59 PM

49 posts, read 39,226 times
Quote:
Whenever we plan to go out to eat or some other fun thing i get super excited and sometimes I'll squeal, jump up amd down and dance. Sometimes it seems like it makes him smile but other times it bothers him. I just have a naturally bubbly and excited personality. His friend and his mom think it's annoying too but not as much as he does. I think it's because before plans become definite or if it might not work out i still get super excited and ready for fun. Today my boyfriend and our friend were discussing where to get dinner and when they mentioned Dave and Busters i was like "REALLY?!?!" and git super happy. A few minutes later his friend said i should stop doing that. Well we ended up not doing anything we talked about. No one has ever seemed to mind my bubblyness before. I think it could be because my boyfriend grew up poor and had more disappointments in life than me and his friend was the same way too. Also whenever we are at the store or the mall i get super excited and squealy over stuffed animals or clothes and say i need it soo bad and it stresses him out. He will automatically go over in his head the price and how much I'll have left for food. I mean i don't buy everything i get excited over so i wish he would just enjoy it instead of mentally preparing for us not having food money.
Do you think i should try to tone it down?

There is NOTHING WRONG with getting excited about anything and if other people have a problem with that, let them go there own way. People will nitpick over the minor stuff and yet make no qualms over more serious issues (lying, cheating, drugs). Age is just a number, and you don't have to be a staunch snot to be a successful adult in life.

Last edited by KarMaDraMa; 02-18-2016 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: word change

Old 02-18-2016, 08:30 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fecundity View Post
You sound fun like me. Are you an ENFP personality type? Sounds like you're around a bunch of stoners and introverts. Don't let them bring you or your enthusiasm for life down. Find people who let you be who you are!! Reminds me of the quote in Con Air "Moments of levity cause the mentally ill pain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarMaDraMa View Post
There is NOTHING WRONG with getting excited about anything and if other people have a problem with that, let them go there own way. People will nitpick over the minor stuff and yet make no qualms over more serious issues (lying, cheating, drugs). Age is just a number, and you don't have to be a staunch snot to be a successful adult in life.
You two are missing the point.

There is NOTHING wrong with being excited. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer to be around people that are excited.

However, the way she's demonstrating excitement IS annoying, and would turn off most people. I mean, jumping up and down and screaming may be cute the 1st time, maybe 2nd, but it would eventually get very annoying. I mean, if she does this for a small dinner reservation, what would happen if she won the lottery?

There's a way to show excitement depending on the situation without all the theatrics.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 02-18-2016 at 09:33 PM..

Old 02-18-2016, 09:24 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Whenever we plan to go out to eat or some other fun thing i get super excited and sometimes I'll squeal, jump up amd down and dance. I just have a naturally bubbly and excited personality.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:44 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
You two are missing the point.

There is NOTHING wrong with being excited. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer to be around people that are excited.

However, the way she's demonstrating excitement IS annoying, and would turn off most people. I mean, jumping up and down and screaming may be cute the 1st time, maybe 2nd, but it would eventually get very annoying. I mean, if she does this for a small dinner reservation, what would happen if she won the lottery?

There's a way to show excitement depending on the situation without all the theatrics.
I keep envisioning her reaction to everything like those hysterical people when their names are called to "Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price Is Right!"

Old 02-18-2016, 11:57 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I keep envisioning her reaction to everything like those hysterical people when their names are called to "Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price Is Right!"
I picture that, too, but in my version her eyes are constantly darting around the room inconspicuously to see who's looking.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:25 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,617 times
Haters gonna hate, keep doing you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships