Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:01 PM

5 posts, read 6,942 times

Advertisements

Whenever we plan to go out to eat or some other fun thing i get super excited and sometimes I'll squeal, jump up amd down and dance. Sometimes it seems like it makes him smile but other times it bothers him. I just have a naturally bubbly and excited personality. His friend and his mom think it's annoying too but not as much as he does. I think it's because before plans become definite or if it might not work out i still get super excited and ready for fun. Today my boyfriend and our friend were discussing where to get dinner and when they mentioned Dave and Busters i was like "REALLY?!?!" and git super happy. A few minutes later his friend said i should stop doing that. Well we ended up not doing anything we talked about. No one has ever seemed to mind my bubblyness before. I think it could be because my boyfriend grew up poor and had more disappointments in life than me and his friend was the same way too. Also whenever we are at the store or the mall i get super excited and squealy over stuffed animals or clothes and say i need it soo bad and it stresses him out. He will automatically go over in his head the price and how much I'll have left for food. I mean i don't buy everything i get excited over so i wish he would just enjoy it instead of mentally preparing for us not having food money.
Do you think i should try to tone it down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 03:04 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Nope. Don't change.... hopefully your BF (or future BF) can accept you for who you are.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippyTaco View Post
Whenever we plan to go out to eat or some other fun thing i get super excited and sometimes I'll squeal, jump up amd down and dance. Sometimes it seems like it makes him smile but other times it bothers him. I just have a naturally bubbly and excited personality. His friend and his mom think it's annoying too but not as much as he does. I think it's because before plans become definite or if it might not work out i still get super excited and ready for fun. Today my boyfriend and our friend were discussing where to get dinner and when they mentioned Dave and Busters i was like "REALLY?!?!" and git super happy. A few minutes later his friend said i should stop doing that. Well we ended up not doing anything we talked about. No one has ever seemed to mind my bubblyness before. I think it could be because my boyfriend grew up poor and had more disappointments in life than me and his friend was the same way too. Also whenever we are at the store or the mall i get super excited and squealy over stuffed animals or clothes and say i need it soo bad and it stresses him out. He will automatically go over in his head the price and how much I'll have left for food. I mean i don't buy everything i get excited over so i wish he would just enjoy it instead of mentally preparing for us not having food money.
If you are older than 6, yes.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippyTaco View Post
OP, are you 16, seriously? You are acting like a kid and that is not attractive. I think you can have excitement and behave like you are not in elementary school.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Date someone who appreciates your personality.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:09 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
Be who you want, and find someone who loves who you are. I don't advocate changing yourself for someone else. If you do change yourself (because your response does sound immature), then do it as part of your own personal growth, not because you want to please someone else. The latter doesn't "stick."

I think you would annoy the heck out of me, but I'm obviously not your love match.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:19 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
OP, are you 16, seriously? You are acting like a kid and that is not attractive. I think you can have excitement and behave like you are not in elementary school.
I agree with this. That kind of thing is attractive in Japan, I believe where grown women act like kids, because younger is seen as sexier there.

But it does sound annoying. As a growing adult, you should be finding ways to show excitement without making a scene.

But, if you have no issues with your behavior, then stay as you are. Your boyfriend will just have to accept that as part of the package that is you. If it becomes unbearable, he can leave at any time, then you'd both have the chance to meet better matches.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:21 PM

524 posts, read 521,306 times
OP, you're personalities are not compatible. Launch him before he launches you.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:46 PM

993 posts, read 766,406 times
Do you think you should tone it down? From the way you present it, you don't sound mature enough yet to understand how off putting your behavior is. I'm not certain you could change even if you wanted to.

I would find your antics wearing in the extreme. I'd begin to feel as if I were babysitting an irresponsible little girl who was constantly looking for attention.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:48 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
You call it naturally bubbly and excited personality.

Others call it obnoxious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships