Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2016, 11:10 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times

Advertisements

I had a boyfriend who would tell me at times, when only just speaking, not even excitedly, that I would be "getting too excited, now". He was very low-key, so anything over that was apparently too enthusiastic.

Anyway, I think what is described by the OP is a bit much. I am not even sure if anything would make me scream and jump up and down (even if winning something, not that it wouldn't be exciting), let alone just going to ...a restaurant??

This makes me think of an experience with a male neighbor who would have a female friend sometimes stay with him. I would hear them come up the stairs, then she would come running into the apartment, squealing like a child. She would rapidly race around, hyperactively, dropping items and slamming things, the entire time staying here. They were both Asian and when I got a look at her, appeared to be in her 30's. (My first weird neighbor experience like this - now, having my 2nd closest to that). I imagined it to be due to ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder), or something. I have felt it is amazing how some do not know (or care) how they may affect others.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 11:17 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,404 times
Nothing wrong with that behavior at all! Don't change! The majority of adults seem downright miserable you sound like a breath of fresh air.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:17 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't know why women think baby talk or acting like a kid is sexy or attractive.
It's not. It's so super the opposite of sexy.

I like people who are positive and find enjoyment in things, but squealing about going to a restaurant? Seriously?
It's not just women! I think some people never got over their toddler phase!

Old 02-14-2016, 11:22 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't know why women think baby talk or acting like a kid is sexy or attractive.
It's not. It's so super the opposite of sexy.

I like people who are positive and find enjoyment in things, but squealing about going to a restaurant? Seriously?
Yeah god forbid you show excitement over anything..

Old 02-14-2016, 11:23 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Yeah god forbid you show excitement over anything..
Enjoyment and enthusiasm is lovely. In fact, I prefer to be around those people. I don't like overly-serious or negative people.

Squealing and jumping are for stuck pigs.

Fact is that most loud people are obnoxious people.

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Nothing wrong with that behavior at all! Don't change! The majority of adults seem downright miserable you sound like a breath of fresh air.
I could see her acting like that if she or someone close to her won the lottery or something, but to act like that over a restaurant reservation (or something as trivial as that) is WAY over the top.

The right person wouldn't mind her acting like that of course, but I'd venture to say the majority of people would find that off putting (me included).

Edit- Stan4's post above me laid it out perfectly.

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Just understand like you are naturally bubbly others may be naturally stoic or neutral and you're instinctual reactions may seem a little overly "crazy" as a result.

What you are experiencing from them they are experiencing in their own way in return.

...this is all you have to come to a consensus on with your SO.

Last edited by rego00123; 02-14-2016 at 11:35 PM..

1,450 posts, read 1,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippyTaco View Post
Whenever we plan to go out to eat or some other fun thing i get super excited and sometimes I'll squeal, jump up amd down and dance. Sometimes it seems like it makes him smile but other times it bothers him. I just have a naturally bubbly and excited personality.
Good for you, dancing girl!

Old 02-14-2016, 11:29 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times
First I want to give up *hug*. You are young, full of life and positive energy. Stay true to urself and don't change. Life will throw enough curve ball at u as u get older that the "happy bubbly" girl will be a distance memory. Don't make urself miserable before u have to. Yes ur bf might have had it tough, that doesn't mean u need to walk around like a grouch. You are who you are & he should accept u as u are. Nothing u are doing is abnormal for early 20s girl. ��

I would suggest u have talk with ur bf and tell him," just because I am excited by something in mall and say I really need it doesn't mean I am going to buy it. Its just may way of being happy for few mins and enjoying life." This way he doesn't start calculating cost in his head instantly. Its just an expression

I was going to write similar thread about being too excited by things which my husband hates. Different type of excitement, I am 30 & excitement to me means lots and lots of research. Like currently I am shopping for car and for last 2 weeks I spent all my free time searching online for car. Every other conversion with my hubby is "which car is better". He got annoyed after the 2nd day. It sucks when something simple as ur reaction to basic event in life becomes a source of problem in relationship. Good luck to u

Old 02-15-2016, 09:30 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
I'm not sure you could change if you tried, and I'm not saying you should change, but understand that your level of excitement is not typical so people around you are going to be annoyed by it. You'll just have to learn to deal with it because you aren't going to change them, either.

Your display of excitement seems disproportionate to the event. If you jump and squeal over a stuffed animal or a pizza outing what are you going to do over going to the beach or getting a new car? It makes people uncomfortable.Either embarrassed by your display or unsure if you could really feel the level of excitement you display over such events. Your bf probably feels pressure too, that if he doesn't come through you will feel equally disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships