Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:07 PM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by femaleslayer View Post
I'd definitely make a girl uneasy if I had my shirt off.
... and you see that as a plus???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 09:07 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,488 times
As the advice usually goes around here OP, wait till your 40s& 50s and women will be throwing themselves at you! Lol

Having social skills is not the same as being domineering. A life coach might be a worthwhile investment for you. Alternatively seek treatment for your anxiety & join clubs like toastmasters where you're interacting with others & public speaking.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:23 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Wasn't you jobless and struggling to get a job in your last thread, OP? That you didn't want to work if you couldn't get a girlfriend? And now, you're roll'n in a Maserati, living in an affluent suburb and have a ripped body?

Do I have the right guy?

Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Same guy!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:49 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by femaleslayer View Post
Sorry if I came off that way. I'm not bragging at all. I'm just frustrated that I can't get girls.
Why? You have already identified the problem. You lack social skills. So, work on that. Get someone to teach you. Read a book. Take a class. Observe what others do. Practice. Like most skills, you improve as you go along.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:53 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Wasn't you jobless and struggling to get a job in your last thread, OP? That you didn't want to work if you couldn't get a girlfriend? And now, you're roll'n in a Maserati, living in an affluent suburb and have a ripped body?

Do I have the right guy?
Welcome to CD land where you go from pauper to prince just by clicking a button! Why don't people ever learn that they will be caught out? Smdh

Old 05-16-2016, 10:09 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The big news to you is that whoever told you all it takes to "get" women is money and a fancy car (oh, and looks) either lied or didn't know what they were talking about. Surprise, surprise.

Too bad you're not an ugly, runty, half-broke guy, OP. Life would be so much easier.

OP is disproving the opinion of 80% of the guys here. Not that they will notice.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-16-2016, 10:15 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times
How many of these types of threads are one person allowed to make?

graduating college dateless

That thread already discussed things like this.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
This thread reminded me of a recent convo with a friend. She had a really awkward situation where a long time friend tried to make a move. (We were all quite tight back in college. I lost touch with him a bit, but she keeps me up to date. )

Her: smart, bubbly, extroverted, likes to go museums, likes to host parties, loves to go to cocktail parties, enjoys meeting new people and connecting with people. Likes to live in cities and urban life.

Him: smart, quiet, reserved, introspective, hates parties and large social gatherings. Life plan is to do charity work in a rural place and retire.

So basically, she had a whole bucket of reasons to not be interested in him. There were two primary ones: religion (she learned the hard way that she shouldn't date outside of her religion), and disinterest in parties.

She goes out a few times a week to art galleries, museums, parties etc. She wants a partner in crime at the party or someone who is willing to tough it out and can manage the small talk required in cocktail parties. He hates those events and back when we all hung out would leave the party, hide off in the corner and find his close friends for a post event meal.

So for a woman like her, the quiet non-social butterfly is a bad fit. Now another one of my friends hates parties with people she doesn't know. She only needs one social event a month to get her fill. She doesn't like to live in the city. As you can see, she is a lot more compatible with him than my friend.

This is long winded way to say, it depends on the woman.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:35 PM

1,504 posts, read 852,029 times
A dominating male is not what woman want...they just want to stick to the traditional script...a male that behaves like a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships