Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 06:04 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by femaleslayer View Post
I never said I was struggling to get a job. I said I could never work a job that wasn't easy. I also said I have money and don't need one. The only reason I have worked in the past was because I thought it would help me get girls. It didn't, so why work?

How do I have money?? The same way all rich kids do, inheritance. Completely useless when you can't get girls though since money doesn't create happiness, love does.
If that's true, how do you drive around in a Maserati all day?

I'm serious. It takes balls to drive an exclusive car make because of all the attention it can bring. Being SO shy and incapable of interaction, how do you deal with the attention?

And don't just say that you live in a rich area and everyone around you drives a nice ride.

Something is not making sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 06:07 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Look I'm no Brad Pitt, but I am pretty damn cute, objectively. I'd say I'm 7/10. I'm not going to turn heads, but I'd definitely make a girl uneasy if I had my shirt off. I have money, so it's not that. I drive a Maserati and live in an upscale neighborhood in orange county. I'm not a billionaire, but I get by. The only thing I don't have is social skills (crippling social anxiety) and I'm passive. Women want an aggressor with social skills. Looks and money seem completely worthless if you're shy. It's so unfair. I see ugly poor men with girls because they have social skills. It seems like no amount of positive qualities can overcome being a shy male. I'm 22 and am graduating college dateless. I feel like I'm less than nothing because of my failure with the opposite sex.
Your username could be the cause of your problems with women.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:15 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post

Yeah. Creepy.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:22 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,116,005 times
Why are you so resistant to getting help from your social skills? Take some initiative and do something to improve yourself for yourself instead of sitting around all day complaining about it. As others have already said here, get a life coach. Since you're apparently wealthy them you can definitely afford it. An investment in improving yourself for the future is a lot more valuable than buying a bunch of material things that won't help you in solving your problems.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:34 AM

264 posts, read 183,303 times
Quote:
I never said I was struggling to get a job. I said I could never work a job that wasn't easy. I also said I have money and don't need one. The only reason I have worked in the past was because I thought it would help me get girls. It didn't, so why work?

How do I have money?? The same way all rich kids do, inheritance. Completely useless when you can't get girls though since money doesn't create happiness, love does.

The whole thing about not working a job that isn't easy and being passive makes you sound really kind of pasty, weak and unmanly. When you tell me you can't work at anything too hard what I'm hearing is that you see yourself as weak and have no confidence. I think your issue is your attitude and beliefs.

The good news.......I have a solution for you my friend. Being the kind hearted soul that I am I will go ahead and take that useless inheritance off your hands. In exchange I'll hook you up with a tool belt and some tools, a job as a carpenter, and help you learn to be a little more assertive. Maybe we'll set you up to do something you don't really believe you're capable of to establish some confidence. Which would you prefer....being a Marine or climbing some brutal mountains?

Chicks dig a confident guy that can work with his hands and speak his mind directly, but respectfully. You'll be an employed guy with a good tan (we'll get you on a framing crew so you're outside all the time) and some confidence. We'll scrap that Maserati and get you in something cool like a Jeep or a Toyota 4x4 pickup. Maybe we'll go ahead and put you on a motorcycle too. Harleys are kind of overdone these days so maybe something with some retro-cool, like a Ducati Scrambler.

Let me know when you want to start the patented Toonces Path to Coolness program.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:32 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
If you're looking for sympathy relationship site forums are the worst place to go as a man..Men's issues are usually met with contempt and get over it and grow some balls advice..

Old 05-17-2016, 09:39 AM

477 posts, read 314,799 times
Quote:
Look I'm no Brad Pitt, but I am pretty damn cute, objectively. I'd say I'm 7/10. I'm not going to turn heads, but I'd definitely make a girl uneasy if I had my shirt off. I have money, so it's not that. I drive a Maserati and live in an upscale neighborhood in orange county. I'm not a billionaire, but I get by. The only thing I don't have is social skills (crippling social anxiety) and I'm passive. Women want an aggressor with social skills. Looks and money seem completely worthless if you're shy. It's so unfair. I see ugly poor men with girls because they have social skills. It seems like no amount of positive qualities can overcome being a shy male. I'm 22 and am graduating college dateless. I feel like I'm less than nothing because of my failure with the opposite sex.
Why would a 7-rated, self-described "female slayer" need to even get CD advice in the first place?

Old 05-17-2016, 10:00 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
The fact that you can see no middle ground between being so socially inept/anxious that you literally cannot talk to people and being "dominated" shows how much you have to learn. I wouldn't expect a girlfriend anytime soon.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:02 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
If you're looking for sympathy relationship site forums are the worst place to go as a man..Men's issues are usually met with contempt and get over it and grow some balls advice..
It's interesting that you would categorize the OP's issue as a 'men's' issue. It is not like ED or male pattern baldness - he has a mental/cognitive issue (or ten).

Old 05-17-2016, 10:02 AM

505 posts, read 369,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
+1

Bang on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships