Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:04 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It's interesting that you would categorize the OP's issue as a 'men's' issue. It is not like ED or male pattern baldness - he has a mental/cognitive issue (or ten).
Yes. Both women and men suffer from social anxiety. And before we "go there," no, a girl with Social Anxiety Disorder won't get "hit on by a great guy just standing there," she'll be in a corner, stuttering with fear and has a very high chance of being overlooked for the social girls. Period. (Ever see old movies where the "wallflowers" are standing by the wall forlornly overlooked, wearing their best dresses? Yup. Ask me how I know this...)

So nope. Not a gender issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 10:14 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooncesTheDrivingCat View Post
I'll hook you up with a tool belt and some tools, a job as a carpenter, and help you learn to be a little more assertive. Maybe we'll set you up to do something you don't really believe you're capable of to establish some confidence. Which would you prefer....being a Marine or climbing some brutal mountains?

Chicks dig a confident guy that can work with his hands and speak his mind directly, but respectfully. You'll be an employed guy with a good tan (we'll get you on a framing crew so you're outside all the time) and some confidence. We'll scrap that Maserati and get you in something cool like a Jeep or a Toyota 4x4 pickup. Maybe we'll go ahead and put you on a motorcycle too. Harleys are kind of overdone these days so maybe something with some retro-cool, like a Ducati Scrambler.
ahhh yeeeah...I wanna watch! Definitely better put a patent on this program right away, you seem to have read the minds of single women everywhere

Old 05-17-2016, 10:16 AM

32 posts, read 36,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by femaleslayer View Post
Look I'm no Brad Pitt, but I am pretty damn cute, objectively. I'd say I'm 7/10. I'm not going to turn heads, but I'd definitely make a girl uneasy if I had my shirt off. I have money, so it's not that. I drive a Maserati and live in an upscale neighborhood in orange county. I'm not a billionaire, but I get by. The only thing I don't have is social skills (crippling social anxiety) and I'm passive. Women want an aggressor with social skills. Looks and money seem completely worthless if you're shy. It's so unfair. I see ugly poor men with girls because they have social skills. It seems like no amount of positive qualities can overcome being a shy male. I'm 22 and am graduating college dateless. I feel like I'm less than nothing because of my failure with the opposite sex.
It's not so much domination as action - I thought this as you said you're passive.

You don't need to be dominating (a lot of people don't like that. Heck, I'm female and dominating people of any sex scare the frick out of me), but take action. It's sadly a cultural thing: women aren't expected to do the chasing in a relationship, those inclined are discouraged. Basically, you're not getting attention because you're not putting yourself out there, most likely due to social anxiety. Work to overcome that first, it will likely improve your life in other areas besides romance.

Also....someone mentioned Eliot Rodger in jest. I became a little obsessed with the case a while back, and couldn't help but think that your OP...sounds very reminiscent of his writing and videos. Like, holy frick, I could easily start a conspiracy theory that Rodger never died based on your posts. Not saying you're going to start stockpiling guns and enact your own day of retribution any time soon, but still, I find it troubling how there's this persisting attitude that a man who's never dated is a failure of a person. It simply isn't true.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:23 AM

953 posts, read 843,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How many of these types of threads are one person allowed to make?

That thread already discussed things like this.
When someone's screen name is femaleslayer, maybe you can start an unlimited amount of repetitive threads.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:50 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,733 times
A man with a social anxiety would not drive a Maserati, as it would draw attention to himself. Your BS is a disservice to men that actually do have social anxiety.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:50 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
When someone's screen name is femaleslayer, maybe you can start an unlimited amount of repetitive threads.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Old 05-17-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
A man with a social anxiety would not drive a Maserati, as it would draw attention to himself. Your BS is a disservice to men that actually do have social anxiety.
I agree with this. So unlikely that someone with SAD would be attempting to draw attention to himself in an overt, flashy and stereotypical (I mean really, a Maserati?) way.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:07 AM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by femaleslayer View Post
I never said I was struggling to get a job. I said I could never work a job that wasn't easy. I also said I have money and don't need one. The only reason I have worked in the past was because I thought it would help me get girls. It didn't, so why work?

How do I have money?? The same way all rich kids do, inheritance. Completely useless when you can't get girls though since money doesn't create happiness, love does.
What does the level of difficulty of a job have to do with whether you could get one or not? You didn't say you couldn't "work" a job that wasn't easy, you said you couldn't apply for one that wasn't easy, because you're terrified of the interview process, or some such.

Why work, indeed? Why get out of bed in the morning? Why bother with life at all?

You still haven't answered the question from your earlier thread: when are you going to inform your parents that they'll be supporting you for the rest of your life? Apparently, they don't mind, since they've already showered you with an all-expenses-paid education and a nice car. But you should let them know that the presence in their basement isn't going to go away, ever. Of course, they'll want to know why....

Old 05-17-2016, 11:10 AM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenpanzer View Post

Also....someone mentioned Eliot Rodger in jest. I became a little obsessed with the case a while back, and couldn't help but think that your OP...sounds very reminiscent of his writing and videos. Like, holy frick, I could easily start a conspiracy theory that Rodger never died based on your posts. Not saying you're going to start stockpiling guns and enact your own day of retribution any time soon, but still, I find it troubling how there's this persisting attitude that a man who's never dated is a failure of a person. It simply isn't true.
E.Rodger was obsessed with blondes. This OP hasn't said anything of that nature. And btw, I think E.R. did post here on C-D before flaming out. There was a new member posting hysterically about women and specifically, blondes, back then.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
E.Rodger was obsessed with blondes. This OP hasn't said anything of that nature. And btw, I think E.R. did post here on C-D before flaming out. There was a new member posting hysterically about women and specifically, blondes, back then.
You're kidding...God but that's creepy.

I don't get seething anger and aggression from the OP, I get defeat. According to eyewitness accounts, Rodger had anger and possibly other issues to the extent of requiring therapy by the age of only 8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships