Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 01:46 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
My point is that any woman complaining that they have a hard time dating is likely too picky because even single mothers with 3 kids and women who are 50 lbs overweight seem to attract their share of men from where I'm from.

It's one thing to want a partner who is compatible to an extent because everyone wants/deserves that but to demand someone who is all that when you are far from all that yourself in the case of a lot of women is being unrealistic.

As I mentioned though, even women who are 50 lbs overweight and single mothers seem to find their share of desperate guys because there seems to be plenty out there.

A couple people mocked bald men having it harder but the way I see it, being bald is out of their control.
What's the excuse for an overweight woman who doesn't have a thyroid problem or a single mother who made a bad choice with who she got involved with?
Yet it seems like overweight women and single mothers for some reason get more sympathy in today's feminist society than bald men.
Lololol.

You sound bitter. You'll do well with the Bitter Boys Club around here.

I can assure you my husband was far from desperate. My being a divorced mother didn't deter him at all. He didn't need to pursue a relationship with me out of desperation, he wanted to, because I'm his person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 01:49 PM

50 posts, read 49,423 times
I know
No woman or men has no advantage
Average below average or above average regardless
I always believe when two people are very compatible in a lot of things for the most part it becomes a successful relationship.

Good-looking people whether they are men or women typically have an advantage in dating as well as life in general but if you really believe that your average woman doesn't have an advantage over your average man in the dating game then all I can say is that you are in denial or you know it but won't admit it.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:49 PM

924 posts, read 752,195 times
For me, it's because it would be rather difficult to find a guy who is conservative/clean-cut enough to fit in with my family, but still offbeat enough to be a good match for me.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:53 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Lololol.

I can assure you my husband was far from desperate. My being a divorced mother didn't deter him at all. He didn't need to pursue a relationship with me out of desperation, he wanted to, because I'm his person.
Totally off topic but l thought you just had your first child.

Correct me if I'm wrong lol 😅😅😅

Old 05-28-2016, 01:53 PM

50 posts, read 49,423 times
Lololol.

And you and CosmoStars both sound like full blown feminists. The seemingly increasing number of feminists like yourselves are a reason why a growing number of men like myself have become bitter.

You're lucky that you found your husband as a divorced single mother because the fact is that most men prefer childless women unless they have children of their own for some good reasons.
That just proves my point though that men will settle for what we can get more than women will.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
So this whole women will only go for "gorgeous" men because we "think" we deserve it thing...

This pans out in real life, then? You have real life, realtime support for/evidence of this? When you go walking through town, all you see are "gorgeous" men with plain-looking women? Two by two they come, GORGEOUS men with plain Janes, in an unending wave of female over-expectation?

I actually see the exact opposite way more frequently than the other way around: a pretty woman with a squat, bald, non-exciting dude who "just had something about him" or "was just so smart, I couldn't resist" or "he makes me laugh" or whatever.

I mean come on now. Let's be at least semi-real here.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Lololol.

And you and CosmoStars both sound like full blown feminists. The seemingly increasing number of feminists like yourselves are a reason why a growing number of men like myself have become bitter.

You're lucky that you found your husband as a divorced single mother because the fact is that most men prefer childless women unless they have children of their own for some good reasons.
That just proves my point though that men will settle for what we can get more than women will.
Could've sworn bitterness was a CHOICE.

You choose to be that way. Don't blame anyone else for that chip on your shoulder.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:58 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,618 times
Quote:
I know
No woman or men has no advantage
Average below average or above average regardless
I always believe when two people are very compatible in a lot of things for the most part it becomes a successful relationship.

Good-looking people whether they are men or women typically have an advantage in dating as well as life in general but if you really believe that your average woman doesn't have an advantage over your average man in the dating game then all I can say is that you are in denial or you know it but won't admit it.
I mean yea but your still missing the compatibility point
Both the men and women have to be compatible.
If your talkin about keeping scores sure I guess but
Regardless of genderwise both people still have to be compatible in the long run

Old 05-28-2016, 01:59 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Default In your opinion what is it that makes dating hard for both men and women today?

Because people do nothing but complain about how it's hard dating. Boohooo.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Because people do nothing but complain about how it's hard dating. Boohooo.
"Bad date" stories stand the test of time and have been a conversation staple for generations... If you can laugh and move along and try again, you're probably pretty much all good. Whether you're a woman or a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships