Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2020, 08:49 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
We went car shopping today. Our little family has grown from just two...to 5 (counting Andre’s mom). We just have the Toyota p/u...... and between us, the babies, their seats and gear we’re gonna need a bigger boat. I HATE CAR SHOPPING!
Car shopping can be that way. I’m glad my last car was easy. I bought a 2017 Sonata last year and while he has been a good soldier (and surprisingly roomy for a very tall guy), I want to get back in an SUV in the worst way. After my money gets straight from the move to NC, I’m eyeing a Hyundai Santa Fe or a Toyota RAV4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 08:53 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Things I loved about my Dodge Caravans... I can haul anything. Just put the seats down and the cargo room is INSANE. Brand new full size washer & dryer in their boxes? No problem. Queen size bed? No problem. I moved without renting a vehicle, it was nice. And the ride was super comfortable, I don't need an off-roader but I like to be comfortable on long drives. It was not exactly fuel efficient, but better than some of the beastly big trucks and SUVs. The front wheel drive and the big heavy engine's weight over the front end helped it to actually be surprisingly great in snow, I felt really confident about driving in bad weather. And somehow over the years, I observed that a speeding Mom-van is weirdly invisible to State Troopers. On countless road trips down long, lonely, boring highway stretches, I'd blow by doing 95 in a 75 or something, spot a lurking cop, be sure that any second I'd be pulled over...and nope. Nothing. Random luck or minivan mojo, I can't say...

But I feel like it's just too much vehicle for my needs, now that my kids have moved out. I want something that feels a bit more modern, a bit less box-on-wheels, (so definitely not going into boxy-SUV territory) and is hopefully somewhat more fuel efficient and maneuverable. I love the looks of some of the Nissan models (Juke is adorable but too tiny, Rogue is nice looking) but I hear very mixed thoughts about their transmissions, and some handling issues that make me hesitate. But the Mazdas seem to have pretty good reviews.
From a former Rogue owner, the CVT isn’t for those who love the feel of a regular transmission. The Rogue kind of felt weakish when pressing the gas sometimes, but its features which made it a great city car (round view camera saved me parallel parking, power liftgate and gas mileage) more than made up for it.

Old 10-13-2020, 11:44 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
We went car shopping today. Our little family has grown from just two...to 5 (counting Andre’s mom). We just have the Toyota p/u...... and between us, the babies, their seats and gear we’re gonna need a bigger boat. I HATE CAR SHOPPING!
When I move out of the city:
(4 doors 4wd, 5 will fit for you.)
Haul stuff.

Old 10-14-2020, 05:08 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,404,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Haul stuff.
They don’t sell full size in Europe though.
Also, the Ram pickups seem to have lot of issues post warranty.

Old 10-14-2020, 06:32 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Jeep Grand Cherokee for me. Also, a crew cab Super Duty are my rides. I like the new Grand Wagoneer. No way I’ll be able to afford that. But it sure looks nice. Lately I’ve been putting the miles on the pickup.

Old 10-14-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee for me. Also, a crew cab Super Duty are my rides. I like the new Grand Wagoneer. No way I’ll be able to afford that. But it sure looks nice. Lately I’ve been putting the miles on the pickup.
The super duty is designed to handle a lot of miles. If you got the power stroke diesel, it will last you quite a while.

Old 10-14-2020, 05:14 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,969,781 times
The little monsters are 3 months old today. 3 months! ( ok that’s all I am gonna say about my kids lol)
It was cloudy today, but no rain. The high was 53.
Car wise we need something roomy for Andre “The Moose”... and his long legs. No rush, just going to keep looking and reading up.

Old 10-14-2020, 06:16 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
The super duty is designed to handle a lot of miles. If you got the power stroke diesel, it will last you quite a while.
Mine is 15 years old. I plan keep it for a long while. It is nice and paid for.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Mine is 15 years old. I plan keep it for a long while. It is nice and paid for.
Does it have the 7.3 then ? I hear those are bulletproof.
I hope it’s not the 6.0. There was a news article this week stating those engines were bad ones and owners are having lots of trouble with them.

Old 10-14-2020, 10:58 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Haul stuff.
Nice truck! Back in the states I had a Chevy Tahoe Z71, and I loved that truck! It was a 2004 with 36,000 original miles. I bought it from my next door neighbor after her husband passed. I got it in 2012 for 6k. The leather Interior was perfect, but the exterior had a lot of door dents and scratches. After I got it repainted it looked and ran like a brand new truck...
And then one day while my brother was using it ...a city trash truck crashed into it while it was parked and the insurance company totaled it.
They paid me for it, but since it was so old I hardly got anything for it. I was bummed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships