Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 11:10 AM

922 posts, read 800,391 times

Advertisements

I was the wife in a situation very much like this. My husband helped this other woman through some rough times, and ended up having a relationship with her. We were still married, living together and sleeping together. He told her we were broken up, but we weren't. He kept lying to me that they were just "very,very good friends." I eventually took the kids and left him. After we got divorced, he moved to another state with her. And guess what? He cheated on her too!

Like many of the other posters have said, this will end badly. Find someone else who will be honest with you and that is free to have the relationship you need. You deserve to be more than someone's "good time" on the side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 10:08 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,014,434 times
This reeks of desperation. The OP is one of those individuals who seems to have no compunctions about f!cking around with someone in a relationship. Go for it girl .

Old 07-13-2016, 11:37 PM

2,705 posts, read 1,840,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical2008 View Post
I'm really really trying not to get carried away with it, i'm trying to use my head and think that he has no feelings for me at all and just continue with my life as normal but I'm finding it really difficult.
Try harder.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:11 AM

59 posts, read 33,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
In my experience, it is difficult if not impossible to "shut off" feelings.

It's pretty clear to me that he does have feelings, but the problem is they aren't healthy feelings.
Yeah your right it's probably not healthy for either of us. When I seen him the other day he told me how special I was to him and that I shouldn't feel jealous over anyone else.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
This reeks of desperation. The OP is one of those individuals who seems to have no compunctions about f!cking around with someone in a relationship. Go for it girl .
Thanks for that but I'm not desperate in the slightest. I'm not short of options and I didn't plan this all out either. You are entitled to your opinion but if your going to insult me please do not bother to give me your opinion.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:01 AM

301 posts, read 297,513 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't it be real?

im 26 and he is married but they are breaking up
Sadly, from what you have said I don't see a serious long term relationship with him.

1. He is married. Many of my friends had difficult periods in their marriages in their 40's. So many things change. He may in fact be having a hard time but I wouldn't believe him unless he already has an attorney and they are working out custody or support issues. Even at that stage people can get back together. So unless he has told you a date he will be divorced, don't believe it 100%

2. Age difference. It wont seem like much now, but in 8-10 years it will. All the things you think are fun will be old hat to him. It is difficult to make that big of an age difference work.

Bottom line though is just sit him down and ask him what is going on. Tell him straight up how you feel. The longer you wait the worse your chances are if he is into making a life with you.

OR... have an affair with him and just enjoy each other knowing that there will be no marriage in the future. Have fun. I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flac but I would say I have maybe 1 out of 4 of my friends (women and men) that were married and didn't have affairs. Some got caught. Some didn't. Some got divorced, others worked through it.

I'm not saying it's the most virtuous option but just talking straight to you, it's an option.

Best of luck.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:55 AM

599 posts, read 695,707 times
Have you thought about transferring to another gym? Why would you want to date a married man. These client to personal trainer relationships need to stay professional especially when one of y'all is married. Obviously he crossed that line with you, I'm surprised the gym facility management has let this go on, personal trainers getting too intimate on the mats with clients.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:30 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,110,136 times
Quote:
Yeah your right it's probably not healthy for either of us. When I seen him the other day he told me how special I was to him and that I shouldn't feel jealous over anyone else.
Re-read ^^^ this and ask yourself how another woman's husband could be saying these things to you.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Have you thought about transferring to another gym? Why would you want to date a married man. These client to personal trainer relationships need to stay professional especially when one of y'all is married. Obviously he crossed that line with you, I'm surprised the gym facility management has let this go on, personal trainers getting too intimate on the mats with clients.
The gym facility don't know... it just looks like we're training most the time unless we were being watched closely.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Re-read ^^^ this and ask yourself how another woman's husband could be saying these things to you.
He could mean it in a friendly way though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships