Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 07:19 AM

59 posts, read 33,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Wine, chocolate, cuddles, and little dates from a married man. Let's say you manage to pry him away from his wife and have him for yourself. You don't think he's going to find amazing chemistry from another grateful 20-something who worships him? How would you feel about your husband bringing another woman gifts and telling her he wishes he could kiss her?

Let me guess: That will never happen to you because he really cares about you and your connection is special.
I mean no disrespect to you but please don't talk to me as though I am a stupid little girl who is falling over herself for the attention of an older man.

I don't know what this is, I've very much got my guard up about it, but that is why I posted here, because I don't know what this is. I don't know if we will ever get that far but if we do then I would probably be slightly concerned that he would do this to me.

How would I feel? If I was still his partner and not split from him I would be furious. If I wasn't still with him I don't think I would have a say about what he does or doesn't do. I would probably be trying to move on with my life.

I haven't actually crossed a line with him, we haven't even kissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 07:20 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,310,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical2008 View Post
I didn't ignore your last two sentences, I said they have broken up - they are obviously still married until they divorce so it getting back to his wife wouldn't be an issue.
They do not live together ? You know this for sure? Do you know where he lives?
Even if....even if....this is so, he still may be very reluctant to be seen with you in public.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:22 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,167,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I've been where you are. It's not good.

You're cheating with a married man. You can't date him. He's married.

You need to back WAY off. Buck up, tell him to call you when his divorce is final, and find another gym.

Or have a few more months of "whatever this is" until something bad happens. Your choice.
What she said, take it from me. I've been there too, but on the man's side. Wait till he's divorced, it'll be best for everyone involved. Not separated, or anything else. You can share your feelings as soon as he signs the papers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical2008 View Post
I'm not cheating because I haven't done anything with him
That's what I told myself too. You're playing with fire.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
They do not live together ? You know this for sure? Do you know where he lives?
Even if....even if....this is so, he still may be very reluctant to be seen with you in public.
I don't know what the living situation is currently, I didn't want to pry when he was talking to me about it but he has children so I do know he still has to see his wife which is understandable. Maybe that is the reason he is reluctant to be seem with me. He has never given me a reason not to trust him so I can't call him a liar until I know for sure, yes I do know where he lives.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
What she said, take it from me. I've been there too, but on the man's side. Wait till he's divorced, it'll be best for everyone involved. Not separated, or anything else. You can share your feelings as soon as he signs the papers.

That's what I told myself too. You're playing with fire.
Thanks for the advice, I could be completely wrong he could have no romantic feelings towards me at all and considering I won't be the one to make any sort of move because he could be lying about his situation and I'm just not that kind of person I think it will just be waiting.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:43 AM

29,550 posts, read 22,884,869 times
Move on, not a stable situation.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
1. Is it possible that he's gay.
2. He could be married or "in a relationship"
3. He might be operating under rules that do not allow him to "ask you out".

You might as well just share your feelings and see what happens. Sounds like you've been slow in doing this. In college, a woman wanted to date me, but I did know until one evening she made it obvious, not by anything she said, but she kept rubbing her body up against me and sitting as close as possible. I figured it out and we were soon dating.
Hi,
he's definitely not gay, the relationship status is a grey area, there are rules that mean he can't date me but these are broken all of the time by others and by his own admission we have already broke the rules.

I think he must know I like him but I don't know for sure.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:53 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,248,700 times
You ARE cheating. You're cuddling and having intimate romantic conversations with a guy. Do you do that with every guy you meet?

He probably does have feelings for you, but at best you are a crutch for him during this time in his life, which is even worse than being a rebound.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:08 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,173,404 times
Wow, he is incredibly unprofessional! He could lose his job if his employer gets wind of his inappropriate extracurricular activities.

No one here can tell you what he is thinking, but here's my guess. He's married, and supposedly the marriage isn't working out. Like so many people in that situation, he is in need of a distraction and a way to pass the time, especially at work. You are currently that distraction for him, something to think about other than his failing marriage. This is not to say that it won't become something more later, but for now, it sounds like that's all this is. If he wanted to spend time with you outside of work, he would make that happen.

Have you given any thought to the role you have played in his marital problems? For him to be available to you "day or night" means he was not available to his wife. He is probably also very flattered by the attentions of a younger woman and enjoying the ego strokes he gets from you that may be absent in his marriage at this point.

As an aside, I've never heard any stereotypes about trainers hooking up with clients. In my experience, most of them are too professional for that.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:14 AM

3,401 posts, read 3,600,611 times
I have to say that you are enjoying the flirty type of relationship. I understand your perspective about enjoying an individual and feel good to just be around with the guy. Just make sure no intimate action such as touching or kissing.

Here is my recommendation. You should find someone that you would like to marry in the future, and get someone to replace the feeling you have with this trainer. Eventually at one point, you two might get to the point where you will touch and kiss each other and end up having sex. Again, I understand you are mature, but trust me, your emotion will get to you and you will just do something very stupid and very wrong.

It is ok for you to really like a person for whatever the reason might be, but keeping a distant really matters because that will determine what happen down the road in the long run.

Wish you the best. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships