Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 05:08 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,798 times

Advertisements

I'm a woman who doesn't correlate sex and marriage so I wouldn't wait either. It's not a guy thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 05:13 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,171,083 times
Woman here, I would not wait until marriage and I DID not. I have no regrets.

If I dated a man who didn't want sex before marriage, I'm not so sure it would work. Not necessarily because of the sex thing, but likely because he would be religious. I am not religious and I can't see my marriage working out with someone who was.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,981,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronypride View Post
I was brought up with old fashion morals and values and told that you should wait until marriage to have sexual intercourse. So i am sticking to that until it happens, but it seems like I am just going to be alone forever.
You are not alone .

You have something of value when others have tossed it away.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:17 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,706,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
You don't know how much you'll like or dislike sex, or how often you'll want it, or even how good at it you and your partner are. You could easily marry someone who doesn't match you, and that will be a major source of dissatisfaction and conflict for both of you. This happens often enough even for those who have sex before marriage, and even do so for years and live together as well. The risk of mismatch is far higher for you - the only benefit I see is that you may not know if the quality of sex is poor once you do have it, so won't know any better to expect more from a partner.

Don't forget masturbating, sharing own wishes and likes, discussions about sex, being close other than having sex and watching romantic movies together

Also a couple in love who could agree the most part (if other is bdsm and other is none of it, then not a fit) is able to train and practise...

Not having sex before marriage does not mean the whole subject is taboo.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:30 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,429,682 times
Those guys who wait either have a very low sex rive, and find it EASIER to wait...and/or are extremely religious. If either or both of those things are attractive to you then good, because that's what you'll end up getting. However, don't be fooled by the religious guys falling "madly in love" and wanting to get married quick...because alas, for them too - it's all about the sex!

Last edited by reneeh63; 07-18-2016 at 05:41 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 05:38 AM

531 posts, read 385,707 times
If youre going to commit to one person for the rest of your life, it makes sense to be sure that you two are sexually compatible before going into that. Why wait and end up unhappy.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:07 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,641,802 times
Quote:
Why is it so hard for guys, waiting until marriage to have sex? I am a virgin and I am saving myself until marriage to have sexual intercourse. But most if not all guys, can't wait until marriage to have sexual intercourse. They all need it now, and can't wait it out. Why is this?
I support your decision to save yourself for your wife.

Or should I have said spouse? I was thinking the OP was a guy, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Amelie90; 07-18-2016 at 07:21 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 06:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,434,361 times
Quote:
Why is it so hard for guys, waiting until marriage to have sex? I am a virgin and I am saving myself until marriage to have sexual intercourse. But most if not all guys, can't wait until marriage to have sexual intercourse. They all need it now, and can't wait it out. Why is this?

More power to you but it is not just guys. I am a woman, did not wait, would not wait and am happy for it. At least I will never think or feel I missed out on anything. IMO, sex and sexuality is natural and I don't get why it is "taught" to be taboo. It's also a heck of a lot of fun People just have too many hang ups.

As for you I think you need to stick with like minded individuals. Maybe an abstinence group or one within your religion.

Last edited by ylisa7; 07-18-2016 at 07:33 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 06:15 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,556,381 times
Quote:
Because as a virgin you don't know what your missing so waiting is not a problem, having had sex makes ^^^^ it near impossible IMO.

I'm sure if you had you would understand mate

Ps a lot of people don't share the same beliefs as you with waiting for marriage..... So why would they?

Old 07-18-2016, 06:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,054,579 times
Why would I have wanted to wait? There is nothing immoral between two consenting people having sex, and its a ton of fun, when done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

You have something of value when others have tossed it away.
Virginity doesn't have value. It's just a social construct, a very malleable one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships