Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 11:00 AM

19 posts, read 39,684 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I have been together ~9 months. In the first few months we were dating, I noticed he never took his white undershirt off when we had sex but I didn't want to say anything and make him feel bad about it. I thought maybe he just needed to open up more around me. Fast forward to now, he still never takes it off during sex and it's starting to upset me. I want us to both to be naked and intimate. I haven't confronted him about it but I feel like at this point I have to. He's fine being naked by himself just not around me.

Also, he refuses to take a shower with me. This is something I've done with previous boyfriends early on in our relationship but still can't do with my current boyfriend. He also won't go swimming in the ocean water with me and claims he "hates pools."

I know overall this is a small problem in regards to our relationship but when thinking about long term, I don't want to be with someone that is essentially afraid of the water and has these big insecurities.

What do I do?

Edit: Just to add that I do not think my boyfriend is fat or anything like that. I know it's because he is insecure about his weight/chest hair. He's 6'0 and ~215 lbs but I love him no matter what, I just want him to accept himself because I do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 11:04 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
First, stop making this about yourself.

Obviously there is something under that shirt that bothers him.... maybe a huge scar or something.

Just sit down and ask him. I can't believe you haven't talked about this in 9 months.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-16-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
First, stop making this about yourself.

Obviously there is something under that shirt that bothers him.... maybe a huge scar or something.

Just sit down and ask him. I can't believe you haven't talked about this in 9 months.
I'm not making it about myself but it does effect me because it effects him and I'm in a relationship with him. There is no scar he has made small comments how it is about his weight. He used to be really skinny when he was younger and he's not anymore and is upset about that.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:07 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I knew a guy who had a very bad skin condition on his back due to medication he was taking. He would wear a shirt at the beach, and was very self-conscious about it. Ask your guy about the shirt. If you've been together this long and have an intimate relationship, you should be able to ask about it.

edit: Wait, what? He's self-conscious about his weight? How does a shirt hide weight?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I knew a guy who had a very bad skin condition on his back due to medication he was taking. He would wear a shirt at the beach, and was very self-conscious about it. Ask your guy about the shirt. If you've been together this long and have an intimate relationship, you should be able to ask about it.

edit: Wait, what? He's self-conscious about his weight? How does a shirt hide weight?
I'm honestly not sure but it's a combo of his weight and hairiness. I've seen him shirtless once when he was in the bathroom and he doesn't have any rashes or scars. Next time we are about to have sex I'm going to try and take off his shirt and if he stops me I'll confront him.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:12 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

From a guy who has a gut himself, at least you don't have to look at the stomach if the shirt is covering it.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:12 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Maybe he has some scars he don't want to talk about, or weird tattoo...
Why don't you ask HIM? Because WE don't know...

Old 08-16-2016, 11:13 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakegirl View Post
Next time we are about to have sex I'm going to try and take off his shirt and if he stops me I'll confront him.
BAD MOVE.

Talk about this with your clothes on.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:14 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
BAD MOVE.

Talk about this with your clothes on.
Seriously, this is an outside the bedroom conversation.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:17 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe he has some scars he don't want to talk about, or weird tattoo...
Or a tattoo with someone else's name that he doesn't care to discuss just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships