Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 10:34 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
The point is you're not interested in a lot of these men precisely because your inflated sense of self tells you you can do better

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol drop the chip.

I never said any attention at all is good. And you're being completely intellectually dishonest if you are saying you don't like the sweet, complimentary messages, even if they aren't from the sexy stud you think you deserve.
You are so off base you might as well be speaking another language. There is nothing, absolutely nothing complimentary about a gross message, a message from a married man, a message from a scammer in another country, a message from someone 500 miles away and clearly copied and pasted, or a message from someone who I literally have nothing in common. Maybe it's a male-female thing, or maybe you're just being obtuse, but you don't seem to grasp the concept that women aren't interested in messages like that. At all.Ok? Not. At. All.

There is nothing complimentary about being spammed by boys who will literally send 100 of the same messages to every new woman who signs up for OLD, or to every woman in a hundred mile radius, or whatever criteria they are using.

If anything, my "inflated sense of self" (also called a normal standard of self esteem or self worth, but clearly you think women online aren't supposed to have that) tells me that I would have no interest in someone who didn't even bother to read my clearly written profile that clearly states what I am and am not looking for. Believe it or not, most women like literacy.

And anyone who has an even rudimentary grasp of my posting history knows that "sexy stud" isn't even on my list. Yuck.

You are the one being completely intellectually dishonest if you truly believe the crap you are writing here.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:37 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You are so off base you might as well be speaking another language. There is nothing, absolutely nothing complimentary about a gross message, a message from a married man, a message from a scammer in another country, a message from someone 500 miles away and clearly copied and pasted, or a message from someone who I literally have nothing in common. Maybe it's a male-female thing, or maybe you're just being obtuse, but you don't seem to grasp the concept that women aren't interested in messages like that. At all.Ok? Not. At. All.

There is nothing complimentary about being spammed by boys who will literally send 100 of the same messages to every new woman who signs up for OLD, or to every woman in a hundred mile radius, or whatever criteria they are using.

If anything, my "inflated sense of self" (also called a normal standard of self esteem or self worth, but clearly you think women online aren't supposed to have that) tells me that I would have no interest in someone who didn't even bother to read my clearly written profile that clearly states what I am and am not looking for. Believe it or not, most women like literacy.

And anyone who has an even rudimentary grasp of my posting history knows that "sexy stud" isn't even on my list. Yuck.

You are the one being completely intellectually dishonest if you truly believe the crap you are writing here.
Yeah you're right. Every single message in OLD is crude and crass. Every. Single. One. I'll go back under my rock now.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:51 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times
Quote:

So here's my suggestion, Ladies Of City-Data: Whenever a male posts a comment like the above, we will absolutely spam his inbox with the exact same types of messages we get from online dating sites and apps!

LOL. Try it. I've probably gotten about 1,000 rep comments (no doubt all positive) on this site I've never even read. I'm not starting now.

Stay salty, toots! Besides, why flaunt that you use OD sites because you're flat out unlikable? Kinda self-defeating, no? Yeah.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:56 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Why is assumed that personalizing messages with common interests or whatever automatically means connection and rapport? That's not how this works. Those messages can be met with ghosting as well.
It doesn't mean automatic, it means better chance. I'm sorry I didn't reply to the nice guy who mentioned golfing and God a lot, since those words have rarely come up in my real life, I don't think I have to go have coffee with him when I don't drink coffee, don't golf, don't like preaching. He indicated he was successful and had pictures of his 'things' as well. That doesn't make me change my mind.

BUT there's someone out there he may have sent that to who would be 10 x as likely to answer that because they can relate, and they like all of that, and things he has are important, so she'll respond to that instead of him just sending: 'hey, what's good?'.

Yeah, it would suck to be constantly rejected. Some men take that and turn it into a headline for their profile: "This place Sucks" or include their hostility about online dating in their profile: "it's easy for you women, but this is my last time on here!". They actually include some of the same things men here are complaining and accusing women of. "Don't let this go to your head" of "not interested in marriage, the last gal took half."

I would never answer messages from guys like that. If they're going to reveal their hostility towards women, and give any kind of 'life aint fair for us guys' hints, then YaaaaY! Dodged a bullet, it may have taken weeks for that to come out IRL.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:58 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
The point is you're not interested in a lot of these men precisely because your inflated sense of self tells you you can do better
Define "these" men. How could you possibly know what men I was interested in? That's right. You don't.

Quote:
Lol drop the chip.

I never said any attention at all is good. And you're being completely intellectually dishonest if you are saying you don't like the sweet, complimentary messages, even if they aren't from the sexy stud you think you deserve.
Oh, you assume all the wimmenz expect Henry Cavills and Chris Evans? Lol Of all the women I know who met their partners on a dating site, the vast majority are just regular, average-looking guys. Heck, a lot of the men I met weren't studs, and some of my best matches would be considered average-looking to most. Heck, I had a few state the guy I was in a relationship with in the past was mostly average-looking with a weak chin and jawline, and the one I dated a while back looked liked a frumpy, unfashionable, middle-aged D&D and Magic the Gathering nerd, which he was. But go on thinking we're some monolith who only date Brads and Chads. You go after the young and hot Beckys. You do you.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Define "these" men. How could you possibly know what men I was interested in? That's right. You don't.

Oh, you assume all the wimmenz expect Henry Cavills and Chris Evans? Lol Of all the women I know who met their partners on a dating site, the vast majority are just regular, average-looking guys. Heck, a lot of the men I met weren't studs, and some of my best matches would be considered average-looking to most. Heck, I had a few state the guy I was in a relationship with in the past was mostly average-looking with a weak chin and jawline, and the one I dated a while back looked liked a frumpy, unfashionable, middle-aged D&D and Magic the Gathering nerd, which he was. But go on thinking we're some monolith who only date Brads and Chads. You go after the young and hot Beckys. You do you.
I do like young and hot beckys

Old 03-25-2017, 11:03 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
I do like young and hot beckys
The PLEASE by all means, go for them.

Let other people do them, and you do you.

I PROMISE you....we could care less.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
The PLEASE by all means, go for them.

Let other people do them, and you do you.

I PROMISE you....we could care less.

I'm letting everyone do them. What is this?

Old 03-25-2017, 11:10 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:

Pssh. Wimmenz don't care about such things. Substance, connection, chemistry, and compatibility are meaningless. We only like and want guys like this:

Chad Radwell from Scream Queens (his character is hilariously awful and peak douchebaggery).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HScr-dIu4O0

Old 03-25-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Pssh. Wimmenz don't care about such things. Substance, connection, chemistry, and compatibility are meaningless. We only like and want guys like this:

Chad Radwell from Scream Queens (his character is hilariously awful and peak douchebaggery).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HScr-dIu4O0
Did you train really long and hard to make that giant leap to your conclusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships