Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 02:24 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,112 times

Advertisements

Can't say I've ever thought about being attracted to a woman's voice. There are too many other things that attract me, voice comes in at about number 976. I know for some women though voice is a turn on. Back in the day...way back, my wife's best friend melted whenever she heard Barry White come on the radio. Now, if I had to rely on my voice to attract, I'd still be a virgin. I hate the sound of my voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 02:29 PM

142 posts, read 97,328 times
I had people crushing on me based on my voice. I actually was catfished on phone conversations, the way they sound on the phone is just... lovely.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-25-2017 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: TMI; inappropriate.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:29 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
By voice alone?
No.

I have found many voices pleasant, but it's not something that I would say has been the only real factor in my fondness for the person who happened to have it.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:06 PM

9,086 posts, read 6,311,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Have any of you ever met or dated someone of the opposite gender (or talked to them over the phone) and the moment you heard their voice, you were immediately attracted to them?

This has happened to me only once in my life, and I gotta say, when it did happen, the guy in question wasn't necessarily attractive in the universal sense...but, that didn't matter to me. All I knew, was that I was immediately and strangely attracted to him and I felt drawn to him because of that attraction - it was as if I had felt immediate chemistry with someone I didn't even know, just because of the sound of their voice!

Is it possible to become physically/sexually attracted to someone - regardless of what they look like - just by how their voice sounds to you? Has this ever happened to you? If so, how did you react and what did you do about it?
All I can say on this subject is that I prefer a woman to have a higher pitched voiced. I do not like it when women have deep voices and sound like men and it seems like the percentage of women with a deep manly voice is increasing these days. What is causing this anyway ... growth hormones in manufactured food?

Old 04-25-2017, 04:21 PM

226 posts, read 297,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Sam Elliott. He's my Hall Pass.
I second that! Not much to look at but love that deep voice!

Old 04-25-2017, 04:47 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
I was attracted to him before he opened his mouth, but my SO's Irish accent definitely didn't make me mad.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:35 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I was attracted to him before he opened his mouth, but my SO's Irish accent definitely didn't make me mad.
I always thought that the Irish accent made a woman sound very fem to me. I like it. Mrs. Chow told me that I have a sexy voice. When we first were "dating" she said she saved a voice mail from me. This was way back when it was still those little miniature cassette tapes. She said it was slightly husky and reminded her a bit of Elvis.

You know you're getting older when you start dropping Elvis and miniature cassette tapes references.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:00 PM

426 posts, read 351,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Have any of you ever met or dated someone of the opposite gender (or talked to them over the phone) and the moment you heard their voice, you were immediately attracted to them?

This has happened to me only once in my life, and I gotta say, when it did happen, the guy in question wasn't necessarily attractive in the universal sense...but, that didn't matter to me. All I knew, was that I was immediately and strangely attracted to him and I felt drawn to him because of that attraction - it was as if I had felt immediate chemistry with someone I didn't even know, just because of the sound of their voice!

Is it possible to become physically/sexually attracted to someone - regardless of what they look like - just by how their voice sounds to you? Has this ever happened to you? If so, how did you react and what did you do about it?
I've never dated someone with such a sexy deep voice but I once had a classmate, that had such a voice. I wansn't interested in him in that way but everytime he spoke with his deep voice, it was just so relaxing and sexy that my eyes almost rolled to the back of my head hearing him talk. 😂

Another time when I called a hotel to make reservations the guy had such a sexy voice I thought he was gonna be a handsome guy, turns out when I showed up to the hotel, it was an old man. 😂

Old 04-25-2017, 07:16 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I like bald men and deep voices. Do you still have his number? Lol
haha...well, he wasn't bald...more, receding. the other guy I mentioned was bald, which funnily I was more attracted to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I love Vin Diesels voice. Not so much his looks, but his voice.
funny, I did too. I had a poster of him from f&f (oh, maybe it was xxx? lol) on my wall when I was a teenager. I obviously thought he was hot, but I'm sure his voice had something to do with that.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:21 PM

212 posts, read 164,255 times
I first spoke to my wife by phone when I met her, the sweetest, and most melodic voice I've ever heard! It still is to this day, along with that great smile that lights up the whole room! It can and does happen...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships