Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 09:07 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,189,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I remember a time when women didn't spread their legs on command.

So you are just an easy lay so what do you care if he is in a relationship or not?
Oh -so WOMEN are the problem? Men are incapable of controlling themselves, I get it.

OP - who know what he wants, he's a douche. Either way, decide what YOU want; stop reacting to him.

PS: Many people like having backups and/or harems. I doubt his intentions are worthwhile, whatever his reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 09:17 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,468,732 times
Did someone change the definition of FWB? By definition, it means no strings attached. Both parties benefit from the arrangement, as both get their sexual needs fulfilled without the other aspects of love and commitment attached.

I don't get how the guy here is somehow exploiting the OP - she herself stated that it was a FWB arrangement. If she ended it with him because he decided to pursue a more formal relationship with someone else, that is her prerogative. If he is looking for more booty calls with her now, then I don't see how that is scandalous - given the fact that a booty call is what they had going in the first place. If she doesn't want to be FWB any longer, all she has to do is state that clearly to the guy.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:29 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,736,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Did someone change the definition of FWB? By definition, it means no strings attached. Both parties benefit from the arrangement, as both get their sexual needs fulfilled without the other aspects of love and commitment attached.

I don't get how the guy here is somehow exploiting the OP - she herself stated that it was a FWB arrangement. If she ended it with him because he decided to pursue a more formal relationship with someone else, that is her prerogative. If he is looking for more booty calls with her now, then I don't see how that is scandalous - given the fact that a booty call is what they had going in the first place. If she doesn't want to be FWB any longer, all she has to do is state that clearly to the guy.
I'm more concerned with the fact that the OP just can't seem to make up her mind. She put herself in a situation she was not emotionally prepared for. I'm willing to bet she jumped into this arrangement in hopes the guy would fall for her. She's not being "used" IMO, because she knew what it was before she decided to sleep with him.

Now she has to deal with the emotional fall out. I predict she will keep going back and forth with this guy for a few more months (maybe years), until she gets tired of the emotional torture she's bringig upon herself. The guy has made it pretty clear several times to her, all he wants is sex with her. Nothing more. But unfortunately her heart won't allow her to see that.

It's very obvious he's not going to leave his gf for her, which is obviously what she's hoping for. I don't understand the ego boost with this type of thing. I also don't understand the appeal of messing around with someone who is already in a relationship. The results are always the same. Someone or everyone ends up getting hurt in some way.

It's sad. These situations happen all too often.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:51 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,418,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid_stupid View Post
So as you all know I was in a fwb arrangement with this guy and it just got ugly. He got back with his ex while he was sleeping with me. And he ended things when things were getting serious with his ex gf. The only things is he won't leave me alone. Last week he texted me "do you wanna later tonight?" Clearly he meant sex. I replied to him saying "I thought you were getting serious with your girl." He then replied saying oops I meant to text that to my buddy. I don't buy the whole accidental thing but I just let it go.

And then this week he texted me again saying he misses sex with me. I replied to him "I don't know what to say." he then said "I'm really debating if I want to see you again because we are not together"

What is this guy trying to get at? What is his goal? I literally don't understand anything he is saying.
Okay....there are ways to block him.

I'm not sure you understand the definition of an fwb though. If you were fwb's why does it matter who he "got back with" - ex or otherwise? And if you were fwb's while he was with people besides his ex, how is he supposed to know that NOW since he's with his ex you're no longer interested in continuing the fwb relationship? You're not really surprised that he's coming back around, right?

I don't think you're being clear with him. You can be an fwb with anyone you wish but that doesn't sound like what was going on here and he didn't get the message.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:46 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,554,038 times
I'm pretty sure your username isn't to be taken literally. I hope not, at least.

You know exactly what's going on here. Are you twirling your hair and giggling aloud as you post?

Old 05-04-2017, 05:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,923,985 times
Block his dumb arse.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:14 PM

52,349 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Tell the guy to walk. He wants to keep you on the side. Not fair to his supposed GF. I would say not fair to you, but if you sign up for the booty call FWB that what you are. If you are ok being his side piece then fine.

I suspect you're not ok being his side piece though, otherwise we wouldn't have this thread.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:03 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,928,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I remember a time when women didn't spread their legs on command.

So you are just an easy lay so what do you care if he is in a relationship or not?
Ahhh...the "good old days".
When women's sexuality was shameful.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:17 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,269,202 times
It wasn't an accident. He was trying to see if he still has you as a back-up.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:21 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,380,022 times
He's putting feelers out to see if you're still interested in a sexship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships