Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 03:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Oh boy.

Never mind. I was making a joke.
Lol you tried

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XSPj7HSYejA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 03:13 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Sorry. I'm writing here and doing stuff for work at the same time. The latter has put me in a foul mood.
That fulfilled my awkward moment quota for the day.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:17 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Look, I'll be the first to admit that I probably am looking for a unicorn, but not in the ways you described. As I've gotten older, I've learned to be flexible about a lot of things, such as looks. But I've also learned the hard way just how important it is to know when not to be flexible. I'm not a religious or even spiritual person so I would never compatible with someone who is. I'm a staunch liberal and would never be compatible with a conservative. Maybe other people have managed to work around such differences and I applaud them. But my own experience has shown that it doesn't work. And, as I stated above, I don't want kids. Kinda hard to compromise on that one. So to sum up:

Late 30s/early 40s
Childfree and doesn't want children
Liberal
Not too religious
Doesn't smoke

And that's before getting into things like looks, personality, hobbies and interests, etc.
There are more of us than you think.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:50 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well have you met Denny Crane?
I wonder where he lives...
Quote:
How you doin'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Lol you tried
Quote:
That fulfilled my awkward moment quota for the day.
This was a fun little experiment all in itself!
We have a bit of a clue as to why Denny's not finding what he's looking for

Old 06-20-2017, 03:55 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Look, I'll be the first to admit that I probably am looking for a unicorn, but not in the ways you described. As I've gotten older, I've learned to be flexible about a lot of things, such as looks. But I've also learned the hard way just how important it is to know when not to be flexible. I'm not a religious or even spiritual person so I would never compatible with someone who is. I'm a staunch liberal and would never be compatible with a conservative. Maybe other people have managed to work around such differences and I applaud them. But my own experience has shown that it doesn't work. And, as I stated above, I don't want kids. Kinda hard to compromise on that one. So to sum up:

Late 30s/early 40s
Childfree and doesn't want children
Liberal
Not too religious
Doesn't smoke

And that's before getting into things like looks, personality, hobbies and interests, etc.
I don't know why you keep calling women by the above description "unicorns". The West Coast is full of them! Where do you live? Maybe you should consider relocating. And while we're at it, let's throw in "in shape" and "well educated". LOTS of women in your age range that are the whole package, in the western states. This is where the herds of unicorns hang out.

Women smoke in this day and age? Really?

Old 06-20-2017, 03:58 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
I haven't dated since my mid-late 20s. I'm 49 in a few months.

I'm far thinner than I was back then, eventually reaching a high of 540 pounds with a 62 inch waist about 6-7 years ago.

I am now a shade under 250 and in a size 40. Plan to lose 50 more pounds over the next 9 months or so.

But I'm also mostly gray now and have other physical issues that are not going to exactly make me appealing to the superior sex. I don't have much hope but I can't bear the thought of going the rest of my life without some kind of intimacy (emotional as much as anything) or special relationship with a woman.

Not interested in going to pros.

I've considered dating sites but I feel like that would be...cheating in a way. My face isn't hideous really but I feel like the online game would give an incomplete picture of the issues I have and that this would be unfair to a potential date.

Feeling kinda stuck at a dead end, but that may be for the best I suppose.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't know why you keep calling women by the above description "unicorns". The West Coast is full of them! Where do you live? Maybe you should consider relocating. And while we're at it, let's throw in "in shape" and "well educated". LOTS of women in your age range that are the whole package, in the western states. This is where the herds of unicorns hang out.

Women smoke in this day and age? Really?
yeah, California is full of liberals, nonsmokers and kid free women who are actually pretty.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I haven't dated since my mid-late 20s. I'm 49 in a few months.

I'm far thinner than I was back then, eventually reaching a high of 540 pounds with a 62 inch waist about 6-7 years ago.

I am now a shade under 250 and in a size 40. Plan to lose 50 more pounds over the next 9 months or so.

But I'm also mostly gray now and have other physical issues that are not going to exactly make me appealing to the superior sex. I don't have much hope but I can't bear the thought of going the rest of my life without some kind of intimacy (emotional as much as anything) or special relationship with a woman.

Not interested in going to pros.

I've considered dating sites but I feel like that would be...cheating in a way. My face isn't hideous really but I feel like the online game would give an incomplete picture of the issues I have and that this would be unfair to a potential date.

Feeling kinda stuck at a dead end, but that may be for the best I suppose.
huh? May I ask what issues you have?

Everyone has their little baggage of problems. I have met tons of guys who told me about their issues when we met - of course you do not list everything online and disqualify yourself to most.

So if not online dating, how else do you think you meet women? How tall are you, 240 doesn't sound that bad. And hey, you still HAVE hair!

Old 06-20-2017, 04:11 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

So if not online dating, how else do you think you meet women? How tall are you, 240 doesn't sound that bad. And hey, you still HAVE hair!
Meet them the old-fashioned way; by getting to know them through socializing with friends, or joining hobby/activity groups. And by being friendly at the grocery store, or the town art fair, and other events. This actually works, with a bit of patience.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-20-2017 at 04:24 PM..

Old 06-20-2017, 04:29 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
huh? May I ask what issues you have?
Well, had a couple of pretty severe back-to-back injuries in 2009. I walk with a cane, have tremors and a minor intermittent stutter. Truthfully, if you didn't know my story, most people would think I have MS or a touch of cerebral palsy. I am still strong, energetic, independent, drive, work, etc.

But the deal-killer dating-wise is that I sustained a pretty bad head injury and there was some neurological fallout, including ED. Everything including minor surgery has been tried. I already lost my wife because of this and it's hard to imagine I'm going to attract anyone else.

Quote:
Everyone has their little baggage of problems. I have met tons of guys who told me about their issues when we met - of course you do not list everything online and disqualify yourself to most.

I'm 6'2" and yeah, full head of hair...not even any balding spots or a receeding hairline. Is that good enough to be a selling point to someone you think? 😀
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships