Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 11:15 AM

358 posts, read 208,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Homina, don't try to bring facts and logic into one of the Mack's threads LOLOL
Lets keep it on topic ladies, thanks in advance!

Old 08-18-2017, 11:40 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
80/20 rule exists in countless instances. It is known as Pareto principle and while Pareto himself applied in a business sense, there are thousands of examples of this rule being true from business, to statistics to personal life and even dating. Its really quite amazing how often it can be observed in everyday life. Hope this helps.
Then you should have no trouble posting those examples. Oh that's right. If you had any, you would've posted them by now. It's really quite amazing how often people on this site make claims that they can't support with any actual data.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:57 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Here's the "genius" behind the 80/20 rule. If a guy believes it's true but is still successful in dating, he can tell himself that he's better than 80% of men. If he doesn't succeed in dating, he can tell himself that there's nothing wrong with him. Women are just too picky.

I'm a 40something male. I've lived in different cities in different parts of the country. Among my male relatives, friends, colleagues, etc., I have NEVER heard of this 80/20 rule. As someone else already stated, the rule exists only in the manosphere, a safe space where frustrated, angry men with low-self esteem get together and engage in group female-bashing in order to feel good about themselves. And no matter how frustrated I've gotten with dating, no matter how many times I've been rejected by women, I've never bought into this nonsense about 80% of women being only interested in 20% of men. I have two words for anyone who subscribes to this rule. Grow up.
Isn't it odd that the guys who believe in this "rule" never think about it applying to themselves; that 80% of the guys (themselves included) tend to go after the 20% of women (let's be generous and say: 30%) who are most attractive? Why do they only see it as a one-sided thing, instead of a general human thing?

Old 08-18-2017, 12:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Lets keep it on topic ladies, thanks in advance!
OKay

Old 08-18-2017, 12:14 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Isn't it odd that the guys who believe in this "rule" never think about it applying to themselves; that 80% of the guys (themselves included) tend to go after the 20% of women (let's be generous and say: 30%) who are most attractive? Why do they only see it as a one-sided thing, instead of a general human thing?
They'll deny it. In their minds, men aren't nearly as picky as women. What it reveals on their part is a general contempt for the female gender.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:15 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Being nice for a guy is absolutely the worst repellant that will exist, when it comes to attracting women. A homeless junkie would have better chances with women, than any nice guy. Look at women marrying convicted felons, often for violent crimes or murder, while they still are serving time behind bars. Its not as if that's an exception, it happens countless time in every prison.
The only women marrying violent criminals are 8000 on the crazy scale. They are a miniscule portion of women and any non-crazy woman who knows them warns them or gives them the name of a good shrink. Also there is an ever increasing number of women with criminal records, addictions and emotional problems. Plenty of these normal looking women you see with creeps may be creeps themselves. Probably carrying diseases as well as being crazy and mean. Do not forget, women's appearances and demeanor can be deceptive, VERY deceptive, much more so then men's tend to be.

If I were a guy I think I would rather be with an older or heavier woman who is stable and kind, than worry about what attractive crazy and criminal people do. Like that Hot Felon and the heiress. Who cares.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:20 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The only women marrying violent criminals are 8000 on the crazy scale. They are a miniscule portion of women and any non-crazy woman who knows them warns them or gives them the name of a good shrink. Also there is an ever increasing number of women with criminal records, addictions and emotional problems. Plenty of these normal looking women you see with creeps may be creeps themselves. Probably carrying diseases as well as being crazy and mean. Do not forget, women's appearances and demeanor can be deceptive, VERY deceptive, much more so then men's tend to be.

If I were a guy I think I would rather be with an older or heavier woman who is stable and kind, than worry about what attractive crazy and criminal people do. Like that Hot Felon and the heiress. Who cares.
Way too sensible! Too many of them protest that you can't expect them to get involved with a women who doesn't turn them on physically, as the initial motivator. Why, that's just crazy talk, tamajane!

Old 08-18-2017, 12:23 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Well it's not like pretty = crazy and plain = stable and nurturing
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-18-2017, 12:25 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Quote:
Being nice for a guy is absolutely the worst repellant that will exist, when it comes to attracting women. A homeless junkie would have better chances with women, than any nice guy. Look at women marrying convicted felons, often for violent crimes or murder, while they still are serving time behind bars. Its not as if that's an exception, it happens countless time in every prison.
And this is where you've definitely misinterpreted the ''Nice guy'' thing, or you've taken it way too seriously.

I generally agree with the ''Nice guys finish last'' theory, but you seem to have taken it too literally here.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The 80/20 rule doesn't apply to men because it takes into account wealth and looks both.

Most men don't care about a woman's wealth so it would change the results of the charting.

The 80/20 rule is looking at it from the standpoint that women prefer to get into relationships with fairly well off men.

I don't really care personally I'm merely pointing out the differences in the charting and how statistics would effect it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships