Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:46 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
Im not worried if shes only a friend.

All i need is one at a time for romance. Even one every year or two. Im not a guy that needs to be screwing a new girl every week to be happy.
I don't need to screw every week neither. But if a girl I like and express interest in sees me as a friend only, I know from past experience any chance of "kitty" is out and better not waste time in a fruitless "friendship."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 04:41 PM

437 posts, read 336,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Quoted for truth. Forget the chance of keeping yourself in the friend zone, you risk the chance of someone else asking them out before you do. Then you miss out on something that could have been, because you felt like you had to be ''Friends first''. I think it's okay to date someone who you were friends with first. I just think it's stupid to become friends first, in order to date someone. That's one of the lamest concepts, ever.
Friend or acquaintance. Before romance.

Examples of acquaintance. Meeting them IRL and adding them on social media.
Also I belong to a club have many female acquaintances from there, not friends acquaintances.

Not lame at all. To me hooking up with a random person is lame. But each to his/her own!

Old 09-18-2017, 06:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Hear, hear! These posts do my heart good.
Mine too!

Old 09-18-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Hear, hear! These posts do my heart good.
Unlike the large serving of bacon and eggs I had for breakfast this morning.....

Old 09-18-2017, 06:40 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,778 times
Quote:
Friend or acquaintance. Before romance.

Examples of acquaintance. Meeting them IRL and adding them on social media.
Also I belong to a club have many female acquaintances from there, not friends acquaintances.

Not lame at all. To me hooking up with a random person is lame. But each to his/her own!
And why is not being friends first, somehow synonymous with hooking up with random people? I was never friends first with any of the women I've been with romantically. I did know my now-fiance before we were together, but I'd say we were acquaintances, we didn't really know each other. My only other serious relationship, we didn't know each other at all. I messaged her randomly on Friendster (dating myself here) back in 2003. We met within a month (she was out of town for a week of that time) and went out and were officially in a relationship about 2.5-3 weeks after that. We didn't even hook up for about 8-9 months after that, although we did mess around a bit after about 3 months. She was 18-19 and a virgin, I was 20-21 and had only had sex with one girl before that. It was partially my choice to wait until later to have sex, I had this hangup about taking her virginity. I made it weirder than it had to be.

The girl I lost my virginity to, I knew her a little bit. She went out with a friend of mine. I wouldn't say we were friends, and the first time we hung out together was in a romantic way and not a ''Friends'' way.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
And why is not being friends first, somehow synonymous with hooking up with random people? I was never friends first with any of the women I've been with romantically. I did know my now-fiance before we were together, but I'd say we were acquaintances, we didn't really know each other. My only other serious relationship, we didn't know each other at all. I messaged her randomly on Friendster (dating myself here) back in 2003. We met within a month (she was out of town for a week of that time) and went out and were officially in a relationship about 2.5-3 weeks after that. We didn't even hook up for about 8-9 months after that, although we did mess around a bit after about 3 months. She was 18-19 and a virgin, I was 20-21 and had only had sex with one girl before that. It was partially my choice to wait until later to have sex, I had this hangup about taking her virginity. I made it weirder than it had to be.

The girl I lost my virginity to, I knew her a little bit. She went out with a friend of mine. I wouldn't say we were friends, and the first time we hung out together was in a romantic way and not a ''Friends'' way.
No issue with any of that.

What I was really getting at is drunk hookups involving sex for people who have known each other for 5 mins. And the like. Thats just not me.

Anyway back to MNF

Old 09-18-2017, 06:56 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,778 times
Quote:
No issue with any of that.

What I was really getting at is drunk hookups involving sex for people who have known each other for 5 mins. And the like. Thats just not me.

Anyway back to MNF
I know what you mean. I haven't drank since right around my 15th birthday, which is coming up on 20 years now. Drank one (maybe two) of my mom's boyfriend's beers up in my bedroom. Probably drank a combined 20-30 beers between the age of 12-15. All at home, by myself. Two-three weeks after the last time I drank, a girl that I liked offered me a beer when I was hanging out with her at her friend's house. I thought to myself ''This is lame, no way'' and politely declined. I had no problems hanging out with her, but I knew I was never gonna drink again.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:00 AM

777 posts, read 452,863 times
I don't need to be wooed and romanced with flowers and expensive dinners, but I do need to see a guy a few times, spend time together, etc. and have a sense that he'll stick around before I get too physical with him. My OLD was focused on finding a relationship, not just random hookups, and that was abundantly clear to anyone who read my profile and/or conversed with me for any amount of time.

I seem (again) to have found someone who is sticking around, and I am off OLD for now. With any luck, I won't be back any time soon.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:30 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yes, some men still woo and romance!
If it comes naturally for you, keep on doing it.
However... If she isn't picking up what you're putting down, the romance and wooing won't change her mind. IMO.
Yes, in western countries its men who are the ones who do the wooing, courting, romancing, initiative, etc. I have been with girls from cultures where wooing, courting, romancing, taking initiative, etc. Its totally normal and common for girls to do it. Not saying its wrong that western women don’t do it, its just different cultures I guess. There would be times where the wooing or romance didn't change my mind not because I didn't picked up but simply because I didn't like her the same way she liked me. I made it clear to her.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:08 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,345,635 times
Yes, I still woo and romance also.
The woman I'm seeing currently, we've spent significant time together (Saturdays, but all-day outings). We hold hands out in public but she's not all that crazy about PDA (kissing passionately and making out), but we went to see a movie on Labor day and after the movie ended and the theater emptied out (it was still dark) we made out. On the fifth date, we had sex. Because of our schedules during the week, we only see each other 1-2 times a week - one weeknight, and all day Saturday (or Sunday).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships