Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 12:00 AM

41 posts, read 43,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Maybe try doing dating the old-fashioned way:

1. Meet men in ways other than OLD...through friends, at the bars, in public places, through work.

Oh, I have tried that, trust me. I go to the gym, I do boxing, I joined a running club, I often go to bars and events, I try to make new friends, but nothing. Haven't met anyone interesting in a long time. The few interesting and attractive guys I've met (e.g. through friends or the gym) were all in relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 12:01 AM

41 posts, read 43,878 times
I woke up this morning to a message from him, saying 'Hey how are you?' and 'How's your week going?' (after I didn't reply to his last message 3 days ago when he said he doesn't know why we haven't seen each other again and that we'll figure something out this week. I'm calmer now and I still think he's probably messaging me because he just wants to hook up but well.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:03 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castilla View Post
I woke up this morning to a message from him, saying 'Hey how are you?' and 'How's your week going?' (after I didn't reply to his last message 3 days ago when he said he doesn't know why we haven't seen each other again and that we'll figure something out this week. I'm calmer now and I still think he's probably messaging me because he just wants to hook up but well.
Yup, pretty much.

He's keeping you on the bench and in the loop just enough to make you attached to him.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:48 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,014 times
Don't reply, he showed his true colors

Old 09-29-2017, 08:32 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
I second this

Old 09-29-2017, 09:17 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castilla View Post
As long as you know what's up, you're OK with it, and don't limit your options then if you want date the guy, then date him. I remember a couple of years ago one of the younger guys I worked with (23ish) was talking about a girl he had been seeing who had finally asked if they could be committed otherwise she was going to seek a committed relationship from this other guy that she had an interest in and who had an interest in her. He wasn't interested (his career was just starting and he was going to go and do what he needed to do for himself) for anything serious and told her such. He was #1 to her clearly, but she obviously was keeping a #2 option close by. This guy you are seeing might be doing the same, you just never know.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:35 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
I think this is a great example of why some men get frustrated in the game and all of the OLD apps and so on. Clearly an attractive woman, active, has interests, no kids most likely. Sounds like a potential dream woman to me. Getting used like a turnstyle by douchebags, doesn't sound like she what wants to be used, especially by douchebags. There's so many guys that would treat her like a princess yet whoever those guys are don't seem to be able to break though, using Tinder for example, you have to assume she's getting tons of swipes.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:06 AM

17 posts, read 9,654 times
You are her backup option, so he won't block you or stop texting you. He'll just keep you as an option. Just keep in mind, 99% chances he has other women in his life. And may be sleeping with them too.

Welcome to dating in 21st century. it works like this. And apps like tinder make it really tough. Because there's PLENTY OF FISH out there. lol

Old 09-29-2017, 10:09 AM

17 posts, read 9,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
It doesn't matter how hot you are. I understand how his mind works, because I've done it.

If you're a man that has no real interest in settling down, loves the chase, and has plently of options, it won't matter how hot the girl is, he can easily create new options. It's a losing battle for a woman. There's not much you can do. He definitely thinks you're attractive enough to sleep with but that's about it.
Agree. For success oriented man, trying to become alpha male, the "quest" or "chase" is more enjoyable than the achievement/destination itself.

Some men just love to get into the "chase" over and over, creating new options, while also getting a chance to sleep with attractive women, after every chase.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:57 PM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I second this
I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
As long as you know what's up, you're OK with it, and don't limit your options then if you want date the guy, then date him. I remember a couple of years ago one of the younger guys I worked with (23ish) was talking about a girl he had been seeing who had finally asked if they could be committed otherwise she was going to seek a committed relationship from this other guy that she had an interest in and who had an interest in her. He wasn't interested (his career was just starting and he was going to go and do what he needed to do for himself) for anything serious and told her such. He was #1 to her clearly, but she obviously was keeping a #2 option close by. This guy you are seeing might be doing the same, you just never know.
This.

castilla, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. He has already trophied you. You like him. He is attractive (otherwise you wouldn't have dated him in the first place). So go and get him. Take him away from his other women (and we don't know that for sure he has other women but don't ever mention it).

You said you are good looking with a great body. You have all the charms you need to win him. Now all you have to do is use your charms - which includes personality).

You message him and say something like "Hey, I feel like seeing you, would you like to get together?" or " It's been a while and I'm horny. Feel like getting together?"

All the best to to you. Go get him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships