Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 02:04 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,412,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
First of all, if I had sex with a woman so soon and she also had sex with another guy she just met, I don't really concern myself with that. I have better things to do than waste my time over worrying about that, or aging myself over something so meaningless. I don't worry about the things that I can't change and have no control over. I don't like challenges at all in dating, most people I know, also do not like challenges in dating.

Wanting to be challenged by seeing if a woman is gonna sleep with you on such and such date or not, is a really stupid challenge. And that goes for whether you wanna see if you can get her into bed early on, or if you can keep her out of the bed early on. To hell with challenges in that regard. Just do what you feel comfortable with and what you feel is right.

Can't rep you again, lol.

I think honestly some people are simply their own worst enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 09:35 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,416,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Sorry that happened to you, mir86. There's a lot of messed up people out there.
It's no big deal. Just want women out there to be careful. Men will lie out their butts just to have one night with you. I don't get it..but it is what it is.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:43 AM

20,417 posts, read 14,709,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I guess you're The Guy Who Knows Women today.

I just can't think of a bigger idiot than a guy who tries to have sex with a lady he's attracted to, then runs off: "ha ha, I said nice things and got you to have sex with me, byeee!"...then has to go find another one the next time he feels the urge, when he already had one who wanted to be with him? Who's he fooling with that neat little trick?

Meanwhile the woman is like but I wanted to have sex, I liked him...that's not what he wanted?

That's a struggle that shaped a lot of my choices from early stages of my sexually active life. It actually had me (as a teenager) think that the ONLY way I could beat the system of the contradictory nonsense men seemed to be all about (I want to do everything I can to get you to have sex with me, then punish you for it by shaming, insulting, and/or abandoning you! Ha!) was to become the aggressor myself, and treat males as conquests. I had a LOT of young men fall "in love" with me and try to get me to be their one-and-only, and I was pretty cruel to them sometimes. You would be surprised how easy it is to flip that script.

But...but...you're the girl, you could have gotten pregnant! Nope, I was on birth control that was very effective for me.

But...but...you could have got a disease! Certainly possible. But I did get tested every 3 months and most of my partners were inexperienced, so my lucky odds were probably related to that.

And a man who plays the same game could get a disease, too. But some people in this world attach a woman's worth to her "purity" and that's just foolishness. You can keep it. I don't want anything to do with your judgmental azz anyhow, and have found enough high quality companionship without it. And you'd be surprised how many men and women who maintain an outward appearance of being all churchy and respectable want a walk on the wild side after years of boring bedroom, having placed silly value on "purity" and suchlike. Pretty funny, a couple once propositioned my former GF, but asked for "discretion." She met them for coffee. Turned out the wife was in a high ranking leadership position in our local "Focus on the Family" (a big religious org with a history of bashing gays)...and SHE was secretly "curious." Girlfriend said no...it was all too squicky for her.

Feh, I just have no use for people who are obsessed with shaming women for liking and wanting sex.

And if you think "who's to say she doesn't have sex with every guy?" then you obviously are very insecure and afraid you don't compare well to other men, that's pretty much what that says to me. Like you figure just because she liked you well enough to have sex early, she clearly has no standards at all? That's stupid. Even experienced women have standards. The irony is you might be the same dude who also says five minutes later that women are "too picky." When will you guys figure out what in the heck you want??

Guess it comes back though...to a lesson I have to remind myself and others of...there's no hive mind. Different people want different things. And while it won't always be ok FOR ME...nevertheless, it is ok.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:42 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,317,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I've always wondered this. Do men really enjoy having to find more sex with more women over working for it with one woman in a relationship??? so baffling. If you're already having sex with someone who wants to with you, why not keep her so you don't constantly have to keep going out to look for it? Men are kings are making their lives harder than it has to be though so not surprising.

Like if you're gonna put in that much work to have sex...you're already pursuing a relationship...so seal the deal with that, not just sex

If you're a guy that wants regular sex...man...get a girlfriend
Some men like the chase and once they chase is over they lose interest and find someone else. Nothing you can really do about it can't make a person stay interested in you.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Some men like the chase and once they chase is over they lose interest and find someone else. Nothing you can really do about it can't make a person stay interested in you.
I get the chase part of it. But they're having to chase new women almost on the daily and at most, monthly...doens't that get old???? Just seems so juvenile.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:04 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,782,841 times
Quote:
I get the chase part of it. But they're having to chase new women almost on the daily and at most, monthly...doens't that get old???? Just seems so juvenile.
I think it's an addiction for some people. Some people know it's wrong but they can't help it. They will also never admit this.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:17 PM

926 posts, read 674,671 times
Quote:
I just can't think of a bigger idiot than a guy who tries to have sex with a lady he's attracted to, then runs off: "ha ha, I said nice things and got you to have sex with me, byeee!"...then has to go find another one the next time he feels the urge, when he already had one who wanted to be with him? Who's he fooling with that neat little trick?

Meanwhile the woman is like but I wanted to have sex, I liked him...that's not what he wanted?

I think a lot of guys do this because:

* They want a 'variety' of strange

* They see it as a 'challenge' to hit it & quit it with a woman as early as they can (and then turn around and make the hypocritical statement that they'd never get serious with a woman who slept with them 'too early' in the dating phase)

* They're into making notches on their belt (or elsewhere) of how quickly they got women to sleep with them

Old 10-09-2017, 04:54 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,234,323 times
Quote:
It's no big deal. Just want women out there to be careful. Men will lie out their butts just to have one night with you. I don't get it..but it is what it is.
Some men will say anything to sleep with women. ANYTHING. Women just don't understand how some men are pure horndogs that want to have sex with almost any women. The thrill of variety, conquest, ego is a real thing for some men. Not all men are like this of course.

This thread is a prime example of the classic user on any of the popular dating apps. The man knows what he is doing and does not care if he hurts anyone as long as he can get the next girl to sleep with him.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:03 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,234,323 times
Quote:
I
There are different degrees of physical attraction though. Just because a guy sleeps with a woman does not mean they find the woman attractive enough for a relationship. I imagine it's the same way with women who hook up with strangers. They would put more effort for the better looking guys.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Some men will say anything to sleep with women. ANYTHING. Women just don't understand how some men are pure horndogs that want to have sex with almost any women. The thrill of variety, conquest, ego is a real thing for some men. Not all men are like this of course.

This thread is a prime example of the classic user on any of the popular dating apps. The man knows what he is doing and does not care if he hurts anyone as long as he can get the next girl to sleep with him.
Any women, including the ones who want something serious eh?

That's a special kind of arrogance for those guys I guess.

Why not be honest so you don't get stabbed in your sleep? The guy in my example wanted so bad to know where my head was at as far as towards men..thought it was odd. I'm guessing he had some close calls before and doesn't want to change his behavior despite it. oh well.

But yes, this thread is a great example of this scenario playing out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships