Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 09:44 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times

Advertisements

It really depends. I've been married a while, but I know there were times when after one date, I was thinking "hell no". Many times, I could tell that there was so much first-date stress and awkwardness, that one more date would be necessary to feel things out - and sometimes, it did lead to something more, other times it didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 09:50 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBC View Post
For me, I tend to give a couple of dates unless the first date is just that bad and I have had first dates where I couldn't wait for it to be over. Plus I am sure some women have felt that way about me too. No harm, you like what you like and don't drag it out.

I will say this, if we end up going "Dutch" (which I believe in todays society we should, at least the first date), then I am more inclined to go on a second date with someone that I was on the fence with on a "one and done".
See if women were cool with doing Dutch the first couple of dates, I'd be inclined to give them another chance to present themselves. Since I get more side eyes than an eye doctor when I want to go Dutch, I'm going to be very conservative with who I give and how many dates I will give.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:50 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I’m not expecting perfection, just I see no reason to waste money or time on a second date if I’m not feeling that person in anyway. Off nights happen but I expect to endure consequences if that happens. Life is not sympathetic sometimes. Hell, last year I had a big job interview which clashed with the worst case of gas ever, as you can guess the interview was interrupted by that and no surprise I didn’t get the job. It sucks but you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. If that impression sucks, sorry but it is life and if I have to make a decision of pursuing you and investing time and money into you, better believe you are going to get a rigorous evaluation.
It must be nice to be so perfect.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:58 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
It really depends.. Is she throwing out some serious red flags and deal-breakers? If yes, it'll be one and done and I'll tell her she's not my type. If I'm not interested after a 1st date that won't change with a 2nd one. No need to waste time when you know it isn't working..

Old 01-02-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
It must be nice to be so perfect.
I'm far from perfect, but if women can be super picky, guess what? So can I, especially since I'm expected to pay for the date.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:04 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Is there anyone out there who really cares how many dates one "gives" another person?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:05 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Is there anyone out there who really cares how many dates one "gives" another person?

Only the two people involved.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
This thread has 36 responses and one from you so apparently so.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:13 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
It depends on the situation. If I just wasn't feeling it, then no, no 2nd date. If I kind of liked the guy, but he seemed nervous then I would give a 2nd chance.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-02-2018, 10:28 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This thread has 36 responses and one from you so apparently so.
Right, but I was questioning the point and/or intent. But hey, if it makes you feel more empowered to proclaim that you will not give second chances to people you don't feel a connection with on a date, great. I guess I assumed everyone did that, and that a lack of chemistry was usual mutual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships