Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 08:52 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Here what you do OP. Stop spend money on her. Eventually she'll break up with you and you will be free from that leech. Until then though, save your money and enjoy the great sex while it lasts.
^^^^^This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 09:01 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Dude, you shouldn't feel like she's using you....you are ENABLING her! You are giving her everything after 10 months for no real reason. You're basically paying for her to bang you. I mea, you let her move in with you (I'm assuming she's not paying any rent), and you bought her a NEW car and a iPhone X...a $1000 phone?! WHY!?! Why not just help her fix her old car and give her an older phone like a iPhone 5 or 6 for a gift, but an iPhone X?

You enabled her to act this way. You were the weak beta-male who let this girl walk all over you and now she basically thinks she can do whatever she wants and you'd just say ok and pay for it/do it...which is what you're doing. I mean, ONLY 10 MONTHS ?!!? Damn dude, she saw you coming and took advantage of you.

Stop enabling her. Give her a time limit to her place and kick her out. You're letting a girl almost half your age control your life. Wake up, dude. Grow some balls. I'm saying this to be nice to you. Because you aren't going to get anywhere with this chick. You say she's on the phone a lot...I bet you she's probably looking for dudes her own age to hook up with while you pay for everything. DROP THIS GIRL, NOW!
Yup. The OP rolled out the red carpet, lined it with money, and now wants to ask strangers if he's being taken advantage of, lol! "My help to my gf some may consider excessive..." Ya think?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:11 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yup. The OP rolled out the red carpet, lined it with money, and now wants to ask strangers if he's being taken advantage of, lol! "My help to my gf some may consider excessive..." Ya think?
Yeah, it's hard to be sympathetic to the OP when his argument is "she's benefiting from all the things that I've freely and willingly given her." It's not fun to feel taken advantage of by a partner, but if she didn't ask for or manipulate the OP into paying for stuff, then he set the stage early on for what the dynamic of their relationship would be.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:12 AM

777 posts, read 452,757 times
My impression is troll or scam, because veterinary school is an extremely challenging endeavor.

If the tuition payment was made to her and not the school, scam.

If not, I'm reluctant to believe this whole thing is for real.

A legit vet school student isn't going to be fooling around on her phone all day.

Wal-mart? Again, a legit vet student, if they have time for a job, is most likely to have found one working with animals. It takes hundreds of hours of working with animals just to get into a decent vet school. It's harder to get into vet school than medical school.

Now... maybe he meant she's trying to get a vet tech associates degree or something? Otherwise, I'm calling BS - on one of them.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
My impression is troll or scam, because veterinary school is an extremely challenging endeavor.

If the tuition payment was made to her and not the school, scam.

If not, I'm reluctant to believe this whole thing is for real.

A legit vet school student isn't going to be fooling around on her phone all day.

Wal-mart? Again, a legit vet student, if they have time for a job, is most likely to have found one working with animals. It takes hundreds of hours of working with animals just to get into a decent vet school. It's harder to get into vet school than medical school.

Now... maybe he meant she's trying to get a vet tech associates degree or something? Otherwise, I'm calling BS - on one of them.
Excellent points.

OP?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:16 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Hmmm. I'm not feeling as harshly as some folks here. I DO think you set the stage for her, as you DID bail her out of a few situations. I'm not necessarily sure it's a bad thing you did. You're a nice and generous guy. Is she taking advantage of you? Well...let's say she's gotten complacent in your generosity.

If you care about her, sit her down and tell her it's important for HER well being that she get out and find a job, so that she doesn't come to feel like you own her. Tell her you want her to be the best version of herself she can be, and that means being independent, having her own money, and finishing school.

Personally, I think this can be worked out with adjusting some expectations in a loving way.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:33 AM

314 posts, read 439,918 times
HAHA! you're not her BF.....you're her sugar daddy.

Seriously dude, how much do you think you two really, I mean REALLY, have in common? there is a 20 year gap and she is only 25. Now I would give some leeway if she was, say at least 35, but it is not the case.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:39 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I doubt this is a real post. No one nowadays is so stupid anymore.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBC View Post
HAHA! you're not her BF.....you're her sugar daddy.

Seriously dude, how much do you think you two really, I mean REALLY, have in common? there is a 20 year gap and she is only 25. Now I would give some leeway if she was, say at least 35, but it is not the case.
This is what I've been wondering all along, too. How could they possibly have so many "great" conversations? She works at WalMart, while faking being in Vet school. Are we to believe she's some kind of erudite political analyst or philosopher of life? What are these "great" conversations that have been going on for most of a year, about? Or is it the OP who's an airhead, and doesn't require much intellectual stimulation? This picture isn't adding up.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:43 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is what I've been wondering all along, too. How could they possibly have so many "great" conversations? She works at WalMart, while faking being in Vet school. Are we to believe she's some kind of erudite political analyst or philosopher of life? What are these "great" conversations that have been going on for most of a year, about? Or is it the OP who's an airhead, and doesn't require much intellectual stimulation? This picture isn't adding up.
I think by "great conversation", I'm assuming OP means "their bodies have both having some great conversation"....if you know what I mean. BOW CHICKA WOW WOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships