Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I end it or not?
Male: yes 11 37.93%
Male: no 0 0%
Female: yes 18 62.07%
Female: no 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 07:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling23 View Post
Well everyone I’ve just officially broke it off. It’s very saddening cause she was my first love, but I’m trying to keep positive about the whole situation. I never found out fully if she did cheat on me, but obviously I had some pretty good suspicions.
It is sad, but hopefully you have learned some things.

PAY ATTENTION to your partner when they clearly tell you something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 07:15 PM

1,299 posts, read 823,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
She didn't cheat on you. Y'all were on a break. #TeamRoss
Not to nitpick, but the situations are different.

In Friends, Rachel told Ross she wanted a break from him, Ross believed her and slept with the copy shop girl. Rachel got mad at him for believing her and moving on. She wanted him waiting for whenever she came back.

In the OP’s situation, she said she wanted a break and went off with presumably other guys, then wanted to waltz right back into OPs life whenever she felt like it.

Anyway, OP, I’m sorry it went down like this for you, and hope you find someone who treats you better.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Say saynonara, because break generally means, "I want to have sex with other people."

Old 01-10-2018, 10:30 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
Couldn’t make it through the 2nd paragraph page. Sorry brah

Old 01-10-2018, 11:19 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Move on to better things.

BTW: any time a woman is breaking things off to "find herself" its because of another guy. Lol
I second this. I mean, come on, it's obvious. I will never understand how some men don't get this.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:48 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,152,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling23 View Post
Yeah it was friends. I really don’t think she’d cheat on me,but then again that’s what everyone thinks. She just doesn’t seem like that type of girl. I guess I’m just a young guy about to experience his first heart break. I don’t want it to happen, but it seems inevitable.
Sorry man, I was there too when I was 20. I was with a girl, she was super hot and 2 years older than me. My first love. One night out of the blue she told me she wanted a break and I said no way, I want all or nothing. So I got nothing. If she wanted to end it then end it, I wasn’t about to let her drag it out so she could let me down easy.

I’m glad I did because I eventually learned that she had some dude that she worked with already lined up. They’re still together and she is no longer hot 30 yrs later. I met my awesome wife a year later and she looks better than she did when we met (and is 100x smarter than my ex too). Everything happens for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships