Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:58 PM

336 posts, read 195,545 times

Advertisements

so, you guys realize that plenty of women send nudes of themselves as well, right? Or is that ok, but when a man does it - he is an evil pervert that should get death penalty? Why are you all so comfortable attacking men, talking about hurting men, calling them perverts and animals.....but if anyone says a word about women its sacrilegious blasphemy and how dare you? That stinks of misandry to me? Why are you ok with that?

Old 01-31-2018, 12:59 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Ummm... While I'm not sure it's the most mature or effective thing to do, seriously a sledgehammer though? I mean, that's kinda harsh. Assuming we're talking about adults, not children. Even a 17 year old isn't being traumatized by a photo of a penis. I mean, unless you're her dad or something. Come on. It's a "facepalm, wtf" moment, not a "omg I feel so violated" moment, usually.

Quite a few people I know feel violated, assaulted, and traumatized by this action. So yes, there are more than a few people that feel this way. Not everyone, of course, but it is pretty common from what I've seen and heard among my female friends.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
so, you guys realize that plenty of women send nudes of themselves as well, right? Or is that ok, but when a man does it - he is an evil pervert that should get death penalty? Why are you all so comfortable attacking men, talking about hurting men, calling them perverts and animals.....but if anyone says a word about women its sacrilegious blasphemy and how dare you? That stinks of misandry to me? Why are you ok with that?

It's not the sending of nudes that is the problem.

It's the unsolicited and unwanted sending of them.

I've received tons of nudes from women over the years. Never had them sent by strangers I didn't want to meet, or after turning someone down for a date, or had them sent unsolicited out of the blue. And of course, there is a systematic difference in powers between the sexes in our society.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:02 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,360,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

I've received tons of nudes from women over the years. Never had them sent by strangers I didn't want to meet, or after turning someone down for a date, or had them sent unsolicited out of the blue. And of course, there is a systematic difference in powers between the sexes in our society.

Bingo.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:03 PM

336 posts, read 195,545 times
Quote:

There sure seems to be, because you cannot criticize a woman, because a person like you runs to their defense. If we wlive in such male dominated patriarchal society, MAYBE YOU CAN TELL ME WHY MEN ARENT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT OUR OWN PROBLEMS? Why arent we allowed to speak freely? Why arent we allowed to criticize women?

Please save yourself the nonsense of this feminist garbage of how men dominate.

Why are there no shelters for battered men or shelters willing to take in men, who are victims of domestic violence, when men are over 40% of domestic violence victims? There are 2000 female only DV shelters and 1 for men. ONE. Why any time men want to get together and talk about 4 out of 5 suicides being men, about 97% of military deaths being men, about 93% of work related deaths being men or men constantly being fleeced in family courts - feminists show up and pull alarms, shot down venues and attack these very men? Dont you think that if we lived in male dominated society, this wouldnt be the case? Systematic difference in powers by behind. Wake up dude, before its too late.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
There sure seems to be, because you cannot criticize a woman, because a person like you runs to their defense. If we wlive in such male dominated patriarchal society, MAYBE YOU CAN TELL ME WHY MEN ARENT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT OUR OWN PROBLEMS? Why arent we allowed to speak freely? Why arent we allowed to criticize women?

Please save yourself the nonsense of this feminist garbage of how men dominate.

I've talked about my problems plenty. I speak freely. I criticize individuals for individual actions.

I'm not sure why you have problems doing so.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
I don't know...shouldn't unsolicited D pics be about the same as flashing? As far as correctional action goes? (Hypothetically.)

I mean isn't it the same thing???

And before we go to "no, because it's on a dating site," well, I'm reasonably sure that if one went to a singles get-together and whipped his pants down, it would be a corrections-worthy offense regardless.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:

Who said it's "okay"?

Someone even brought up the female teacher sending the dirty pics to the student as an example of obvious wrongdoing.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
oh, how will you ever survive?
Huh??? First you say women should be just as culpable for sending nudes, next you throw out this mocking sarcasm to guys who have received exactly that and say it's not okay?

Which is it?

Old 01-31-2018, 01:09 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Quite a few people I know feel violated, assaulted, and traumatized by this action. So yes, there are more than a few people that feel this way. Not everyone, of course, but it is pretty common from what I've seen and heard among my female friends.
Huh. OK. Well, it's news to me. Guess the ladies I know are just too snarky to feel that way, when they have something to snicker at in front of them, and among their girlfriends.

Not saying it's a good thing. I've never met a woman who responded positively to an unsolicited d-pic. Just the women I know don't tend to be upset exactly, just...maybe exasperated, mildly annoyed, or eye-rolling. Or mocking.

Now, if a guy followed this up with in-person bad behavior, if I felt like he was possibly going to stalk me or harass me in real life, then that would be entirely different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships