Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:20 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So, no examples or anecdotes from this century?
Well, two times over the past 35 years...I can see your point. There's definitely a pattern here.

As I said before...come 2048, gentlemen, hold onto your wallets. 'Cause it's coming again! Be very afraid...
I know, LOL!
I've been happily married since May 1991, and I started dating that one in January 1990. And my wife is notoriously frugal. So I would be hard put to come up with further personal examples.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:33 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I've been happily married since May 1991, and I started dating that one in January 1990. And my wife is notoriously frugal. So I would be hard put to come up with further personal examples.
Well, but you came up with an example that wasn't your wife or anyone you've dated. Right? I think your sister-in-law. From the early 80s. You weren't hard-pressed to come up with that one, so given that, you must have at least a handful more, over the ensuing 30-35 years of knowing all sorts of people, since this M.O. is common?

Old 03-01-2018, 01:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

My point is unchanged. This is NOT a "misandrist" thread where men are exclusively picked on. Not by a long, long, loooooooooooong shot...not from the first drive-by posting, onward. I mean come on now.

Now, if you're worried I'm trying to "discredit" the OP, actually, I don't know a single thing about the OP except that he posted something that was pretty obviously bound to be loaded, and then walked away. That's all ANY of us know. Not sure why you would need to speak for him either; let people speak for themselves. Anything else really IS speculation. The OP is welcome to come back and answer, I will be glad to read his responses.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-01-2018 at 01:58 PM..

Old 03-01-2018, 01:52 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, but you came up with an example that wasn't your wife or anyone you've dated. Right? I think your sister-in-law. From the early 80s. You weren't hard-pressed to come up with that one, so given that, you must have at least a handful more, over the ensuing 30-35 years of knowing all sorts of people, since this M.O. is common?
The one I dated June 27, 1986 to June 28, 1987 was a pretty close match. I aim for a higher quality of people and most people who used to set me up on blind dates knew better than to set me up with a $50 lobster person.

That one from 1986-7 was interesting. She dated one of my close friends in 1982-3. We all went out New Years Eve heading into 1983 (I don't know whether you name New Years Eve by the upcoming year or the expiring year). Her mental health deteriorated in the latter part of her relationship with my friend and they broke up. She recognized me when I went to Brooklyn on June 23, 1986 to clean out my old office, myself having gotten a new (and my current) job. I took her out that Friday. Her mental state seemed to have recovered. My friend was happy to hear that but warned me in might not last.

On our first date I told her I had booked Club Med Copper Mountain (skiing) for late January, by agreement with my new job. She showed up late one evening in January 1987, quite belligerent about my planned ski trip. When I took her out in Brooklyn that Saturday on a frigid, 9° night with snow left over from a storm blowing around, she wouldn't shelter me in her car as I waited for the D (I think) line back to Manhattan. She was obnoxious the day my parents took me and her out for my 30th birthday that April.

She acted like a jerk at my closest friend's 30th birthday party on June 26, 1987. Then, she wanted an "expensive" dinner at Arcadia (or maybe Aureoli) and gift for our one year anniversary. She got those on June 28, 1987, along with a breakup when we got back to my apartment in midtown.

So she qualifies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships