Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 06:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Drama means fights, arguments, any kind of disrespect such as the silent treatment, cheating, cutting off sex, etc.

What else would it mean?
Well, that isn't what you originally explained as drama. Yes, I have had relationships without the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 07:26 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Drama means fights, arguments, any kind of disrespect such as the silent treatment, cheating, cutting off sex, etc.

What else would it mean?
Yes, sure; I and my friends have had relationships without those things. That sounds exhausting.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:34 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:

What else would it mean?
Even the closest couples have arguments and disagreements. The rest isn't even in the same category so it's a bit surprising you lumped them all together.

Is it your intention to approach this question as if you were an alien from outer space, observing human relationships from media, meme and lore?

Have you ever been in a relationship of any kind? You seem far too afraid of normal human behavior.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:53 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,603 times
Quote:

What else would it mean?
PASSION! Passion is dramatic.

Any kind of disrespect such as the silent treatment, cheating, cutting off sex, etc. is not drama. Head games maybe, but not drama.

People are going to disagree, sometimes strongly. You fight and argue. Then you make up.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:01 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,622,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
PASSION! Passion is dramatic.

Any kind of disrespect such as the silent treatment, cheating, cutting off sex, etc. is not drama. Head games maybe, but not drama.

People are going to disagree, sometimes strongly. You fight and argue. Then you make up.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:46 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
When it comes to regular friendships, I find drama is either non-existent or very rare.

However, with women I find drama is more common, starts easier and is harder to resolve.

I think one of the main reasons I'm still single in my mid-30's is my low tolerance for drama. I find it to be unhealthy and unnecessary in the majority of cases. I also feel like people I date will sometimes deliberately do things they know will cause drama, conflict or confusion. This leads me to respect them less, which is the beginning of the end right there.

I've only dated a few women where there was mostly no drama. One in particular I really miss and regret not proposing to. Didn't realize how special she was at the time.
It's not

I rarely have drama in my relationships.

If one has drama in their relationships they need to look at themselves and the people they are choosing to have relationships with

Old 03-05-2018, 08:03 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:

What else would it mean?

I've had plenty of relationships without these. Cutting off sex? Haha, seriously?

Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've had plenty of relationships without these. Cutting off sex? Haha, seriously?
Most men I've known who had wives/girlfriends who supposedly "cut off sex" were treating them badly and making them really unhappy with their behaviors and attitudes, and then could not understand that there would be any correlation, between the woman's emotional state toward them, and whether she wanted to have sex. If anything, some of them see her lack of desire as her attempting to "punish" him.

I've always found it odd how if I am in a state of frustration and despair and misery because of how my partner's treating me, I can be expected to be feeling happy and sexual at the same time? How is that even supposed to work? But to such men, I guess a woman's feelings are just really inconvenient.

Kinda the whole thing of pushing and pushing until she can't deal anymore and pushes back, and then saying, "Whoa! YOU'RE CRAZY." Like how dare any person not enjoy being a doormat and/or punching bag? How is one to respond to being disrespected and used? With a smile and a wave and "Oh, you..."

The situation we already were looped into with this poster tells me he easily disregards the feelings of women and uses them. Apparently he doesn't like it when they fail to appreciate this. He feels no obligation to treat others respectfully, yet feels entitled to complain about it when he feels "disrespect" aimed in his direction.

Starting to think we need a sex robot fund for more than just one of our regulars up in here...

Old 03-05-2018, 10:34 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Even the closest couples have arguments and disagreements. The rest isn't even in the same category so it's a bit surprising you lumped them all together.

Is it your intention to approach this question as if you were an alien from outer space, observing human relationships from media, meme and lore?

Have you ever been in a relationship of any kind? You seem far too afraid of normal human behavior.
See the stuff in bold you posted?

That's the crap I'm talking about. Trying to start drama by insulting me or putting me down when its not necessary at all. This is the stuff I have no time for.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:35 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, sure; I and my friends have had relationships without those things. That sounds exhausting.
Yeah?

Why are you no longer dating those people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships