Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 02:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
An evening involving wine, smooth jazz, and mood enhancing elements is not corny. There's an element of romance and eroticism.
Frankly, the way you keep saying "smooth jazz" is extremely corny. But the manipulative way you describe "using a line" to "get into her place" is just disturbing:

Quote:
The classic maneuver to do this is to ask to use her bathroom. It will get you in. OP-I wouldn't recommend doing this. There are better ways than having to resort to this maneuver.
Yeah, even the word "maneuver," which means to carefully guide or manipulate (someone or something) in order to achieve an end, is objectionable. That's definitely what you were suggesting.

Quote:
If one is to use the bathroom line and successfully get into a woman's place, he would use the bathroom and then keep talking, kissing, and seeking to escalate the interaction into sex.
Quote:
A woman is to let a man know where her limits are. Men do keep pushing forward for sex. Consent needs to occur.
Well, yeah, thank goodness you included that.

Quote:
That whole scenario that the OP is planning is so stressful and not worth it.
You know why? Because it's so rapey.

Quote:
It is a better seduction scenario to start an evening. like a 2nd or 3rd date with the man inviting a woman over to his bachelor pad for a home dinner date. Light food served with a fantastic alcohol selection like a wine or a good cocktail. Then perhaps have some smooth jazz on in the background. Something instrumental and erotic. Kissing on the couch or straight back to the bedroom. That's a much more serene seduction.
I know (am pretty sure) you didn't mean it that way, but surely you see the problems with what you've written here.

I guess the thought that a "seduction scenario" needs to be spelled out is what's so weird here. If the two of them can't figure that part out, then it isn't meant to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 03:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Glass of Courvoisier® ladies?

There is NO seduction scene, she said it isn't a date, to save the embarrassment of akward advances. Sheesh you men are hilarious.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:32 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,863 times
Quote:
An evening involving wine, smooth jazz, and mood enhancing elements is not corny. There's an element of romance and eroticism.
NO.... Just NO.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:50 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Glass of Courvoisier® ladies?

There is NO seduction scene, she said it isn't a date, to save the embarrassment of akward advances. Sheesh you men are hilarious.
I was reminded of Smoove B from the Onion many moons ago: https://www.theonion.com/let-smoove-...rld-1819583997

Quote:
At this point, you will be so turned on by this night of dancing and lobster that you will be dying to sex me wild. But instead of taking you to my bedroom to knock boots, I will build your desire even more. I will do this by leading you to my living room, where I will light a fire and hand-feed you the finest strawberries available. If you do not enjoy strawberries, I will have other types of berries at my disposal that can be fed to you in a sexy manner. Between bites, I will offer you sips of champagne in a glass made specifically to maximize your champagne-drinking pleasure.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:19 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,462,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I guess the thought that a "seduction scenario" needs to be spelled out is what's so weird here. If the two of them can't figure that part out, then it isn't meant to happen.

We have an extreme crisis in masculinity. We have so many absent fathers. We have Baby Boomer fathers who were able to put together long lasting relationships in a time where traits that were appreciated in the 1960s and possibly early 1970s are no longer appreciated by the modern, young single woman. Men need more guidance than women perceive men need. There's an expectation among women that men need to know it all, and lopsided sex ratios in the younger singles population do not help the problem we have. Spelling things out in great detail is helpful to many men who never received guidance and are expected to know a lot.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:30 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
Quote:
Of course I do. I use the term female and woman interchangeably. I see your point though.

If one is to use the bathroom line and successfully get into a woman's place, he would use the bathroom and then keep talking, kissing, and seeking to escalate the interaction into sex. A woman is to let a man know where her limits are. Men do keep pushing forward for sex. Consent needs to occur.

That whole scenario that the OP is planning is so stressful and not worth it. It is a better seduction scenario to start an evening. like a 2nd or 3rd date with the man inviting a woman over to his bachelor pad for a home dinner date. Light food served with a fantastic alcohol selection like a wine or a good cocktail. Then perhaps have some smooth jazz on in the background. Something instrumental and erotic. Kissing on the couch or straight back to the bedroom. That's a much more serene seduction.
"Bachelor pad"? A la Austin Powers with a round bed and animal fur rugs? We HAVE entered the 21st century.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:36 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,131,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
She insisted that it's NOT a date, thus you need to split the bill.
Totally wrong approach! If OP asks to split the bill that officially turns it into not-a-date. ThisTown, you're turning this into a battle or a contest.

If I were the OP I'd treat her to a good time, lose the bottle, be gentlemanly, try to attract her and entice her into a second date. From that a romantic relationship might evolve.

My experience is that most women feel that giving sex on the first or second date cheapens them and turns them into a tramp. That causes the woman to put the brakes on the relationship when you try to force their decision to your favor. You need to find what accelerates her interest.

The bottle is actually symbolically trying to get her inebriated so she might do something she wouldn't do otherwise. Any but a stupid woman would see through this.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
We have an extreme crisis in masculinity. We have so many absent fathers. We have Baby Boomer fathers who were able to put together long lasting relationships in a time where traits that were appreciated in the 1960s and possibly early 1970s are no longer appreciated by the modern, young single woman. Men need more guidance than women perceive men need. There's an expectation among women that men need to know it all, and lopsided sex ratios in the younger singles population do not help the problem we have. Spelling things out in great detail is helpful to many men who never received guidance and are expected to know a lot.
OK, so if you're gonna take on that mantle, at least spell out details that will help and not harm.

And honestly, since you're decided to get all existential about it, to me this is a "survival of the fittest" kind of thing. If a person NEEDS it spelled out to that degree, they shouldn't be doing it.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:45 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,131,516 times
Quote:
If one is to use the bathroom line and successfully get into a woman's place, he would use the bathroom and then keep talking, kissing, and seeking to escalate the interaction into sex. A woman is to let a man know where her limits are. Men do keep pushing forward for sex. Consent needs to occur.
The more the man tries to hit her accelerator the more she feels like she has to put on her brakes.

Quote:
That whole scenario that the OP is planning is so stressful and not worth it. It is a better seduction scenario to start an evening. like a 2nd or 3rd date with the man inviting a woman over to his bachelor pad for a home dinner date. Light food served with a fantastic alcohol selection like a wine or a good cocktail. Then perhaps have some smooth jazz on in the background. Something instrumental and erotic. Kissing on the couch or straight back to the bedroom. That's a much more serene seduction.
Good advice. Except I'd start on the couch and hope it reaches a pitch that it becomes obvious to move to the bedroom.

Find out what kind of music she likes and play HER music!!!

This may be the first time I've ever seen a topic where all the replies are 100% in agreement!

Oh, and it's nice to see so many of my friends in on this topic!

Old 07-16-2018, 05:51 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,462,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
OK, so if you're gonna take on that mantle, at least spell out details that will help and not harm.

And honestly, since you're decided to get all existential about it, to me this is a "survival of the fittest" kind of thing. If a guy NEEDS it spelled out to that degree, he shouldn't be doing it.

I advised OP not to go through with the evening. I thought that he would be disappointed on many levels. I did offer some suggestions if he chose to go down his original stated path.

I agree that we have a "survival of the fittest" thing going on. Because of the lopsided ratios in the United States, other Western nations, China, and India, men need immense guidance. I fail to see why it is unpalatable for you to have men attempting to achieve self-improvement while at the same time women tend to be voracious consumers of self-improvement materials. Men should take the initiative towards helping themselves. This current environment is very male-unfriendly and men need to strive for achievement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships