Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 02:47 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I was wondering that myself. It seems a bit arrogant to believe every woman has the exact same approach to her own sexuality. Maybe that's true for men?
Arrogant?
Sounds pathetic; "she slept with me, she'll sleep with anyone".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 02:49 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Arrogant?
Sounds pathetic; "she slept with me, she'll sleep with anyone".
Yeah, now that you mention it. It's a low self-esteem signal. "I'm not very special, I'm sure she treats everyone this way!"

Old 07-17-2018, 02:57 PM

14,251 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereToDate View Post
I l am 29/M. I met a 45 year old woman online a couple years ago for a drink. She thought I was too young for her after our first date so there wasn’t a second date.

A couple weeks ago I hit her up to see how she was doing. We started talking and we were going to boating on a lake instead. It rained today so we decided on dinner tomorrow night instead.

She insists it’s not a date but she’s letting me pick her up etc.

Planning on bringing her a bottle of wine when i pick her up, invite myself in when I drop her off and try to escalate.

As far as a plan, that’s all I have lol. It’s worked in the past and hasn’t worked in the past.

Any other tips?
You are to young for her for anything long term but for the present and the next few years enjoy it.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:57 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yeah, now that you mention it. It's a low self-esteem signal. "I'm not very special, I'm sure she treats everyone this way!"
Plus...the enduring double standard! It takes two, and he slept with her on the third date too!

Old 07-17-2018, 03:50 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Romantic mood elements"? Smooth jazz? That's so cliche. It's like something from a 50's or 60's movie. I think I saw one with Peter Sellers in it, that was kind of a spoof on the 60's, that had that. It had a round bed in it, too.

The thing is, you can't orchestrate romance; you can't program it on your sound system, according to a script. That's what people are laughing at, or objecting to, here. What if she hates smooth jazz? Romantic moments, to some extent, are serendipitous, unpredictable. They happen when the chemistry between two people is right, and they can happen anywhere, anytime. That's the magic of it all. Without that chemistry, no amount of smooth jazz can make them happen. lol. Hilarious!
Lava lamps and a heart-shaped bed to add to the ensemble. I think this is one of those guys that try to influence young men, because they'll fall for the BS lol

Old 07-17-2018, 03:51 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I hope we lose this mindset of "having sex early in relationships = easy." You can have sex early and still play the "long game." But no one should do something they are uncomfortable with, and you should make your decisions based on what makes you feel comfortable and the pace that works for you.
First, I'd like to apologize for my indelicate comment earlier in the topic. I should have found a different way to make my statement.

Perhaps I may have a different idea of what constitutes "long game" than others. To me that means getting to know your partner very well over a period of months with repeat dating. That's inconsistent with having sex on the third date, at least in my opinion.

My logic is that having a sexual relationship is going influence my feelings towards my partner, and I'd like to fall in love with a clear head not influenced by sexual thoughts. The decision point is when both partners have decided they want to be together for the foreseeable future. That's when the sexual relationship can begin.

Perhaps my definition is different than others perceive but I've thought it over a lot and I believe that will work best for me. Women I have discussed it with agree with me.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
How is it logical to think that a woman choosing to have sex with one guy means she'd have sex with any guy?

How is it logical to think that a woman who chooses to have sex with one guy will probably turn into a cheater?

It isn't logical at all, even the most avowed hedonist and ethical sloot women I know are very picky and sleep with a TINY TINY minority of men that want to sleep with them.

And it has nothing to do with cheating either.

It also contributes to the mentality that if a woman has sex with (other) men she is some how "worth" less or is less desirable.

None of these things are true.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:30 PM

I'm just saying that I'm not interested in sex outside of a committed, exclusive relationship. The women who get me most interested have expressed the same desire.

It doesn't bother me at all what other people choose to do. That's their right and none of my business. I had casual sex in my teens and 20s, I grew more conservative and mature in my 30s and the casual sex got replaced with relationship only sex with just one woman.

Just exactly how is this off-topic discussion going to help Mr. Going on a date tonight? And I already apologized for my poor presentation earlier in the topic.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:34 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Pow-chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom!

It was a spoof of secret agent films if I recall correctly.
You mean, there was more than one film by that description? lol. No, the one I was remembering was where he falls for a flower-child chick, so he adopted all the accouterments of that style, even though he was an older guy.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:38 PM

Oh, I just checked and our OP hasn't returned to the forum since 13 hours after he posted the topic opener.

I don't know that thee is any point to this topic at this late date. All we have left is to do is speculate until/unless he returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You mean, there was more than one film by that description? lol. No, the one I was remembering was where he falls for a flower-child chick, so he adopted all the accouterments of that style, even though he was an older guy.
Even if there were more than one of them, how would you remember the difference? I obviously didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships