Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:48 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,057,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That said, plenty of women will play coy with this notion knowing full well that men's sexuality is a fragile thing, and if she is "seduced" by the dude it may feed his mojo, and there can be positive outcomes to that.
I...guess?

I always just had sex because I knew we wanted to and we were ready to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 12:01 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,043,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I'm a serious amateur chef and have been cooking since 15 years old. I just really enjoy cooking and I love to cook for friends. It's just a natural that I would invite a date over for dinner. I think my invitations have been accepted 100% of the time. I've always had great compliments from women, and have concluded that women really love the idea of a man cooking dinner for them, it's romantic.

I don't remember how many led to my bed since it's been a while, I was younger then and IMO younger people are more into casual sex. I'll guess that some did, some didn't. Currently I hadn't had any dates for several or a dozen years, then joined OLD and have been dating very often (minimum 2x/week) for the last 6 months. I haven't gotten to know any of my dates well enough to invite her into my home.

My current flame and I have discussed it and she's receptive to it, actually enthusiastic. I'm cleaning like crazy because I'd let my house get rather messy (bachelor pad) and need to get it woman-rated clean right now! If we're still dating in a few weeks (you never know with OLD) I'm sure she'll accept and the dinner will be great.

However, my theory is that as people get older most of them get more conservative and are less likely to engage in casual sex. Both my lady and I are seniors, and we are both "playing the long game." I'd bet you my $1,000 against your penny that my dinner at home date will not lead to sex because she and I both agree that we'd need to date for perhaps several months before taking our relationship to that stage. I'm just hoping we may have a nice make-out session.

For me this is not some ploy or "maneuver" to have sex. As I said, it's been my experience that women love having a man cook dinner for them, that it's romantic. I like the idea that occasional dinners at my place will bring us closer. It's even better because she also loves to cook, and we can experiment with cooking together. That too will bring us closer.

I think the whole thing depends on the couple. If they are young and into casual sex this might achieve that if dinner at home is perhaps 3rd-5th date. If the couple are more mature and not into casual sex, then it's just a nice dinner and perhaps may lead to some petting.

The whole boom-chick-a-boom idea described earlier in this topic is just corny beyond belief. (And please, find some music you both like.) As described it seems like cooking at home is some kind of aphrodisiac. Sometimes dinner is just dinner. If you're both young and casual it might lead to sex. As you get older it's just a nice, romantic evening. Perhaps when the relationship is well along the way it may lead to sex. In my case that just might happen, but if it does the calendar is likely to be showing 2019 for my current relationship. By then we'll probably have had dinner at my place dozens of times.

Him cooking dinner for her can be corny or it can be romantic. For people into casual sex it may result in sex, for people not into casual sex it may be a relationship builder, and even more so if he doesn't try to jump on the woman! In fact for "long gamers" this can be a demonstration that he isn't just some man who is seeking nothing but sex.

Here's another example of "long gamer" behavior. I took her for a drive in the country about a week ago and we came to a locked gate miles from nowhere. (The road is usually open but was closed for fire season.) I just turned around and drove back to civilization. I didn't even try to kiss her. This was a great demonstration that I'm not a masher. I'm sure she now has much greater confidence in me and will be more comfortable with me in the future knowing for sure that I'm not into casual sex or pushing her into it. This confidence will grow as missed opportunities accumulate. Dinner at my place and no sex after will be yet another opportunity to build her confidence that I'm trustworthy and respectful.

So we got two kinds of people here, I'll call them "short gamers" and "long gamers." What happens after dinner depends on the couple. If he's "short" and she's "long" then any attempt to have sex is going to turn her into "gone."

You two are just so funny!!!
Good choice on the "long game", for some reason, men have it in their head about the 3 date rule or there has to be an X amount of times you go on a date with the same women, before she "must put out", otherwise, he moves on to someone that'll let him bang her....and thus, would be girlfriend material.

They have it in their head the "long game" is a one-way ticket to the friend zone. Because even some women think there should be an X amount of dates, before they become sexually active for her to think, " Well, he hasn't tried to have sex with me on the X date, maybe he just thinks of me as a friend." and then she friend zones him.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:09 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,165,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Good choice on the "long game", for some reason, men have it in their head about the 3 date rule or there has to be an X amount of times you go on a date with the same women, before she "must put out", otherwise, he moves on to someone that'll let him bang her....and thus, would be girlfriend material.

They have it in their head the "long game" is a one-way ticket to the friend zone. Because even some women think there should be an X amount of dates, before they become sexually active for her to think, " Well, he hasn't tried to have sex with me on the X date, maybe he just thinks of me as a friend." and then she friend zones him.
Thank you for the compliment. I'm just being logical:

1.) If she will sleep with me on our third date, she would sleep with anybody on the third date. Ew! I do't want to end up with a loose woman. She'd probably turn into a cheater too.

2.) Getting dates and meeting new people is just too hard and too big a hassle, even with OLD. I've dated enough women in my life and don't need more. I want to simplify my life by building a relationship with just one woman. Then when I want a date I can just ask her.

It's simple. Short gamers are buying in unit quantities. Long gamers are buying in bulk quantities. I want to get off OLD and have just one relationship, one I can count on. I expect eventually we will end up living together.

If you restrict your dating to other long gamers it's not a trip to the friend zone. If a man tries to mash a long gamer woman that's a trip to the "gone zone."

Old 07-17-2018, 12:50 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post

The home dinner date move is a 2nd or 3rd date move. It is intended to be a straightforward move. A home dinner date makes it easier to have sex on the date than a restaurant date since it is so easy to move from the dining room to the bedroom. Women desire sex. I have no idea why a home dinner date where romantic mood elements are added is worthy of derision. This creates a positive experience.
"Romantic mood elements"? Smooth jazz? That's so cliche. It's like something from a 50's or 60's movie. I think I saw one with Peter Sellers in it, that was kind of a spoof on the 60's, that had that. It had a round bed in it, too.

The thing is, you can't orchestrate romance; you can't program it on your sound system, according to a script. That's what people are laughing at, or objecting to, here. What if she hates smooth jazz? Romantic moments, to some extent, are serendipitous, unpredictable. They happen when the chemistry between two people is right, and they can happen anywhere, anytime. That's the magic of it all. Without that chemistry, no amount of smooth jazz can make them happen. lol. Hilarious!

Old 07-17-2018, 12:55 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,165,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Romantic mood elements"? Smooth jazz? That's so cliche. It's like something from a 50's or 60's movie. I think I saw one with Peter Sellers in it, that was kind of a spoof on the 60's, that had that. It had a round bed in it, too.
Pow-chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom!

It was a spoof of secret agent films if I recall correctly.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:52 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,929,193 times
Quote:

1.) If she will sleep with me on our third date, she would sleep with anybody on the third date. Ew! I do't want to end up with a loose woman. She'd probably turn into a cheater too.
How is it logical to think that a woman choosing to have sex with one guy means she'd have sex with any guy?

How is it logical to think that a woman who chooses to have sex with one guy will probably turn into a cheater?

Old 07-17-2018, 01:55 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,719,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yep, this.

The movie, Down With Love, the Catcher Block character.... all the moves, music ready, and his apartment set up for THE SEDUCTION.

Comical that there are men who still think like this. Well, comical and sad really.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:56 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,773,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
How is it logical to think that a woman choosing to have sex with one guy means she'd have sex with any guy?

How is it logical to think that a woman who chooses to have sex with one guy will probably turn into a cheater?
I was wondering that myself. It seems a bit arrogant to believe every woman has the exact same approach to her own sexuality. Maybe that's true for men?

Old 07-17-2018, 02:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,934,528 times
Quote:

2.) Getting dates and meeting new people is just too hard and too big a hassle, even with OLD. I've dated enough women in my life and don't need more. I want to simplify my life by building a relationship with just one woman. Then when I want a date I can just ask her.

It's simple. Short gamers are buying in unit quantities. Long gamers are buying in bulk quantities. I want to get off OLD and have just one relationship, one I can count on. I expect eventually we will end up living together.

If you restrict your dating to other long gamers it's not a trip to the friend zone. If a man tries to mash a long gamer woman that's a trip to the "gone zone."
I hope we lose this mindset of "having sex early in relationships = easy." You can have sex early and still play the "long game." But no one should do something they are uncomfortable with, and you should make your decisions based on what makes you feel comfortable and the pace that works for you.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:20 PM

29,765 posts, read 34,474,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I hope we lose this mindset of "having sex early in relationships = easy." You can have sex early and still play the "long game." But no one should do something they are uncomfortable with, and you should make your decisions based on what makes you feel comfortable and the pace that works for you.
Then you get the dudes who extrapolate that into, "well, she slept with someone else on the second date, but she made me wait until the third date, and I'm not a chump, etc. etc."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships