Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 10:40 PM

1,593 posts, read 777,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I might have missed this, but what sorts of dates are you asking the women to join you for?
Drinks. Movie. Lunch. Dinner. Coffee. Museum. Dancing. Football game. Would have asked one to a wedding, but figured that was a bad idea for a first date. Other than that I tried to tailor my offerd dates to what I knew about the woman, what we seemed to have had in common.

I’ve got a good idea now of what my main problem has been, other than isolated location. Too boring, too self-depreciating, bad instincts for what keeps a woman interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 11:29 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
�� lmao just nonsense. Like it’s that easy to buy her and return her like an refrigerator/appliance. Lol.
And the best part of that nonsense is that it was capped off by some of the most hyperbolic nonsense I’ve read in a while.

That this was the “Reality for the average American male” which is patently false. The reality for the average American male is they’re in a relationship/married to someone and it isn’t a mail order bride, but feel free to continue to pump out this blatant hyperbole.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:13 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
I go to more major cities for fun regularly, but I think at least one of my rejections was because they knew how far away I lived (100+ miles away).
I mentioned my 100 mile date yesterday for a reason, to show that long distances are not just for people who live in rural areas. I drove that far (average 2 hours each way) because my date lives in a rural area and she owns horses. We had a great time riding, and then dinner at a very nice restaurant. It's a bit of an ordeal but I may do it 1-2 times a month. Admittedly, distance is an obstacle to a LTR, as is living in a rural area. Fewer people = less selection. That's a big problem for a lot of rural America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Start sipping lean, get some swag get into trouble rack up a few DUIs and get a work release job in a soup kitchen and you'll get attention from the ladies in no time.
Your attitude is disgusting. If it was an attempt at humor it failed.

Quote:
But if you want to keep the straight and narrow - I suggest a trip abroad to the Philippines and look into a K-1 Spousal Visa. Try her for 90 days - If you don't like, send her back. Not politically correct, but reality for the average American man.
And callous.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:18 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I couldn't agree more with this. I used to do cold approaches and after awhile the rejections started to weigh me down emotionally so I stopped.

I felt better when I didn't ask women out in public or approach them... Then out of nowhere at Starbucks a woman approached me... That woman is my wife now.

My point for the OP? Is that sometimes the woman finds you over the other way around.
Oh, I didn't realize you had gotten married! Congratulations to you both.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:20 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Start sipping lean, get some swag get into trouble rack up a few DUIs and get a work release job in a soup kitchen and you'll get attention from the ladies in no time.

But if you want to keep the straight and narrow - I suggest a trip abroad to the Philippines and look into a K-1 Spousal Visa. Try her for 90 days - If you don't like, send her back. Not politically correct, but reality for the average American man.
The average American man is not a woman hater.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:52 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more with this. I used to do cold approaches and after awhile the rejections started to weigh me down emotionally so I stopped.

I felt better when I didn't ask women out in public or approach them... Then out of nowhere at Starbucks a woman approached me... That woman is my wife now.

My point for the OP? Is that sometimes the woman finds you over the other way around.
Congratulations!
Quote:
I'm an introvert and me and my girlfriend already knew each other before we started dating.

I met her in a college class about 4 years ago.We've only been dating for 3 months but so far things look good.
Now which one was that?
Quote:
I remember one time I was sitting by myself and this woman I don't even know started a conversation with me. I was like WTF cause she caught me off guard.

After talking for awhile she asks me to meet her at Starbucks the next day I was like "uh ok." Some guy looks at me and says, "that woman was asking you out and you didn't even attempt to reciprocate."

1. I despise Starbucks.
2. She interrupted me, while I was doing something. Which is rude af.
3. I wasn't attracted to her at all.
Yeah, I agree, Starbucks is racist.
Glad to hear things are still going pretty good!

Last edited by RbccL; 09-13-2018 at 09:13 PM..

Old 09-15-2018, 12:10 PM

1,593 posts, read 777,098 times
Just feel like venting a little bit, and this is the space I have to do it.

I feel so out-of-place doing things like this, trial-and-error. It feels like trying to describe a masterpiece painting in scientific terms. My rational, analytical mind trying to understand and succeed at a game that tends to defy rationality and analysis. It feels like I'm trying to back myself into skills that everyone else already has, and they expect me to have, and I just can't figure out.

Like trying to learn how to play chess without ever being told the rules. Instead, I'm just thrown into a game against someone who knows how to play and expects ME to know how to play, and if I make a mistake or a wrong move, the board is swept and I Lose...better luck next time. So I try my best to improve based on my limited, mistake-filled game experience...but losing is hard and painful, and I always have the specter of "You're not good enough to play" lurking underneath in me.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Oh, I didn't realize you had gotten married! Congratulations to you both.
Yep, we tied the knot two weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

Old 09-16-2018, 02:24 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:

Lol, yeah.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:29 AM

272 posts, read 185,368 times
Lose the moniker "At Arms Length"

It's a dead giveaway as to what is going on with you.

You do not want to be at arms length with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships