Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 02:13 PM

424 posts, read 237,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
So I’ve been snap chatting this girl for a week, we’re friends although I’m not sure if I’m friend zoned or what the deal is. I’ll snap something flirty every now and then, the response isn’t negative, but I’m not getting anything flirty back my way, besides a good selfie.

Anyways, she’s talking about how crappy her job is today and I said “maybe once your off I can take you to dinner and you can tell me all about it”. Her response was how crappy her job was, instead of a giving me a solid answer, so I respond with “so no?” And she says “if you want to”. I told her next Saturday and she said alright.

Idk if the flirting/question just went over her head or if she was surprised/nervous. Did she say “if you want to” because I’m friend zoned or was she nervous? I mean she did agree to, assuming she doesn’t flake. Interested in hearing your opinions
Sounds like you’re in the friendzone to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 02:21 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,563,344 times
Her response pretty clearly means that she's looking at a free meal with a friend. I'd try to get out of it if you are taking her out to dinner expecting anything more than that.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:34 PM

17,875 posts, read 9,304,638 times
My previous comments in this thread were made prior to reading the older related threads.

That said, I still disagree that she's not interested.

And friend zone? Her grinding on him pretty much proves otherwise.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:42 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,890,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Her response pretty clearly means that she's looking at a free meal with a friend. I'd try to get out of it if you are taking her out to dinner expecting anything more than that.
Bingo yet again.

Don't take that girl out to a meal. In fact, time the date outside of standard meal times. Do ice cream or tea and pastries instead. It'll set you back $10 at most. You'll still get used as a meal ticket, but $10 isn't a bad price for a mildly entertaining evening out. As opposed to whatever you'd spend on dinner for two, and with someone who isn't into you to boot.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Read the older threads. She's already given the OP a lap dance and "good selfies".

She may be looking for a FWB situation, but highly unlikely she's looking for a free meal with a platonic friend.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,321,238 times
Up to you = I want to take advantage of you and only go out with you cause I'm bored.

Drop her OP and find someone who is actually into you.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:51 PM

Let's also keep in mind that the OP had turned down her sexual advances in the past.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:54 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,055,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Bingo yet again.

Don't take that girl out to a meal. In fact, time the date outside of standard meal times. Do ice cream or tea and pastries instead. It'll set you back $10 at most. You'll still get used as a meal ticket, but $10 isn't a bad price for a mildly entertaining evening out. As opposed to whatever you'd spend on dinner for two, and with someone who isn't into you to boot.

I will never understand the guys who TELL a girl they're going to do such and such, and then at some point between telling the girl they're going to do a thing, and the actual day of, they've decided she's not worth the effort.

OP, DON'T be a POS who SAID you'd take her out to eat, and then just get her icecream or something. Do what you said you were going to do. Hellz Bellz, YOU asked HER to dinner. Not the other way around.

Lord, it doesn't have to be Ruth's Steak House, but it sure as Hellz doesn't need to be Baskin Robbins either. Be a man of your word. You think she's going to be attracted to a man who acts like he's punishing her?

Old 04-12-2019, 03:02 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,890,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Lord, it doesn't have to be Ruth's Steak House, but it sure as Hellz doesn't need to be Baskin Robbins either. Be a man of your word. You think she's going to be attracted to a man who acts like he's punishing her?
There's a fine line between being a stand-up man and being a chump women settle down with for a stable life.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
There's a fine line between being a stand-up man and being a chump women settle down with for a stable life.
MillennialUrbanist, you really should read the older threads. Here they are:

Am I in the right place to ask her out?

Is meaningless flirting a thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships