Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 08:56 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times

Advertisements

So i had a first date Sunday night with a guy off a dating app. It went okay, I enjoyed his company but it felt very platonic there was really no flirtation and didn't really feel that much of a spark even though I didn't think he was bad looking. For whatever reason it just felt like we were friends, I also felt we were very different and maybe that's why. Anyway at the end of the night he asked me to give him a ride to the train station which I was more than happy to do since he came to my side of the city and the train was a bit of a walk. So while we were walking to the car, he asked me when I was going to Europe again (I had told him I was going this summer in the beginning of the night), so I told him beginning of August, so he said "ok good, we can squeeze in a second date before then, and then you'll go off to Europe meet a European guy and forget about me" ok so clearly the second part was a joke, but I was a bit taken a back by him mentioning a second date because I thought we both felt the same about the date. Anyway my response was "yes we can" because I would go out with him again because you never know and I did enjoy his company. Anyway I drove to the train station and he kissed me goodbye on the cheek and said he would definitely call me.

I know it's sill but my question is did he just say that stuff about the second date just to say it because I was driving him to the train station or did he actually mean it? I haven't heard from him yet but I really didn't expect to since we didn't communicate much before our first date either. I know time will tell, but I'm just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 09:08 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So i had a first date Sunday night with a guy off a dating app. It went okay, I enjoyed his company but it felt very platonic there was really no flirtation and didn't really feel that much of a spark even though I didn't think he was bad looking. For whatever reason it just felt like we were friends, I also felt we were very different and maybe that's why. Anyway at the end of the night he asked me to give him a ride to the train station which I was more than happy to do since he came to my side of the city and the train was a bit of a walk. So while we were walking to the car, he asked me when I was going to Europe again (I had told him I was going this summer in the beginning of the night), so I told him beginning of August, so he said "ok good, we can squeeze in a second date before then, and then you'll go off to Europe meet a European guy and forget about me" ok so clearly the second part was a joke, but I was a bit taken a back by him mentioning a second date because I thought we both felt the same about the date. Anyway my response was "yes we can" because I would go out with him again because you never know and I did enjoy his company. Anyway I drove to the train station and he kissed me goodbye on the cheek and said he would definitely call me.

I know it's sill but my question is did he just say that stuff about the second date just to say it because I was driving him to the train station or did he actually mean it? I haven't heard from him yet but I really didn't expect to since we didn't communicate much before our first date either. I know time will tell, but I'm just curious.
Probably.

Sounds like he was shyly testing the waters with you.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:37 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
I would not worry about it too much. IF you do hear from him, then you can always respond with "I did not get the vibe that we clicked. It is probably best if we just keep it at 1 date."

Old 07-09-2019, 09:50 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
You won't know until he calls, or doesn't.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:11 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Sounds to me like he's into you. Sounds like he may be the quiet type, or subdued type, not into flirting per se. He may not be your usual type in that regard, but it doesn't mean you two couldn't hit it off, after getting to know each other a bit more.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sounds to me like he's into you. Sounds like he may be the quiet type, or subdued type, not into flirting per se. He may not be your usual type in that regard, but it doesn't mean you two couldn't hit it off, after getting to know each other a bit more.
He's definitely not the quiet type, he talked a lot! And the weird part is he was flirty over text before we met, that's why when we met in person and he wasn't flirty at all I figured he just wasn't feeling the spark.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:29 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
He's definitely not the quiet type, he talked a lot! And the weird part is he was flirty over text before we met, that's why when we met in person and he wasn't flirty at all I figured he just wasn't feeling the spark.
Maybe he's comfortable flirting over text, but gets a little intimidated in person? IDK. But I don't think he was just saying that, about wanting a 2nd date before you leave, and then adding that self-deprecating joke. IMO it's clear he wants to see you again.

P.S. It's hard to know what "talking a lot" means. He could've been nervous, and desirous of making a good impression, so he went motor-mouth. Or he could be one of those people, who's all about themselves. Did he ask you much about yourself?

Anyway, you said you enjoyed the date, so you may as well go on another one, if he offers.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe he's comfortable flirting over text, but gets a little intimidated in person? IDK. But I don't think he was just saying that, about wanting a 2nd date before you leave, and then adding that self-deprecating joke. IMO it's clear he wants to see you again.

P.S. It's hard to know what "talking a lot" means. He could've been nervous, and desirous of making a good impression, so he went motor-mouth. Or he could be one of those people, who's all about themselves. Did he ask you much about yourself?

Anyway, you said you enjoyed the date, so you may as well go on another one, if he offers.
He was asking me a lot about myself, but he would cut me off at times when I went to answer, however at the end of the night he apologized saying he hoped he didn't dominate the conversation too much, that that's one of his faults and people always complain about it, so I was glad he was self aware at least lol.

I would go out with him again, because I did have a nice time and I'd give him another chance to see if maybe a spark can develop.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:18 AM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
Quote:

He wouldn't suggest a second date if wasn't interested, so I think he meant it. However, the comment that you'll forget him, and the kiss on check was a weak sign of interest. What you have here is a guy who is 50/50 about you right now, with mixed messages, but that's not unusual if the first date didn't have chemistry.

He didn't ask for a second date after you said "yes we can", and he could have, and should have. So that's not a good sign. So he's feeling like you, 50/50. If you want to date him again, send a short "hi" text and he'll get the hint.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
He wouldn't suggest a second date if wasn't interested, so I think he meant it. However, the comment that you'll forget him, and the kiss on check was a weak sign of interest. What you have here is a guy who is 50/50 about you right now, with mixed messages, but that's not unusual if the first date didn't have chemistry.

He didn't ask for a second date after you said "yes we can", and he could have, and should have. So that's not a good sign. So he's feeling like you, 50/50. If you want to date him again, send a short "hi" text and he'll get the hint.
Yea I felt that comment about me forgetting him was weird even though I know it was meant as a joke. I don’t really like to kiss on the first date anyway and most of my relationships were with men who didn’t kiss me on the first date. Also he kinda hinted to me through text before our date that he doesn’t really kiss on a first date either, so I feel like that’s a respect thing.

As for not setting up the second date then and there, I get what you’re saying but honestly I’ve been on plenty second dates that were not set up during the first date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships