Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 02:51 PM

20,461 posts, read 14,794,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Right, but.... men are men, regardless...getting your male room mate all horned up whilst discussing your deep sex life with him will result in consequences such as what happened here.

Not sure of the outcome, did she move out of the apartment? lol
Dude.

I have discussed my sex life, albeit with an attempt at diplomatic or clinical terms usually, with YOU. Do you think I was "teasing" you in some way?

I've had conversations with men about my sex life, too, in real life contexts, without it feeling flirtatious or like they were taking it as anything but conversation. Now granted there's such a thing as "reading the room" with who you're talking to. But one time I was bored waiting for my car to get worked on, and ended up in a conversation about relationships, sex, even kink, with the owner of the shop for over 2 hours! (We were the only ones in the room, and I had the feeling that he appreciated a diversion from his boring workday.)

I guess part of my thought that I don't assume it's teasing, is that I don't assume that any given man is even into me. Some are, some aren't. Even when I was 18-20 years old and arguably pretty hot, at the TIME I didn't have the ego to think that "duh of course a guy would get horned up and want to get with you." I figured they were capable of being part of a conversation about something without expecting something from it.

I mean hell, I can talk about food I'm craving but don't have in the kitchen, without throwing a fit about it, or what I'd do if I had a million dollars even though I likely never will... The notion of, "No fair making me think about something I might want if I can't have it!" seems very immature, even assuming that some guy does, and not being a mind reader, how would I even know? Especially if he's acting like a "friend" but silently hoping to game his way into my bed.

But back to my earlier thought...it's kind of all about boundaries, no? KNOWINGLY crossing other people's boundaries is jerky. But I do think that in general there are a lot of situations where one might be forgiven for not knowing that a boundary is there. When the woman in your story told the guy that he was being creepy, if he's being clever he could have said, "Uh huh, crossed a boundary, did I? Well, just so you're aware, this whole conversation was kinda crossing my boundaries. Let's not do this again. Thanks."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 05:19 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,602,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I just listened to a podcast where a female room mate, that's rooming with a male, was talking about her sex life with other men and the fact she takes nude photos and sends them to men.

He complained about it as if it was TMI, so as a rather horny young bachelor, he took the bait (or was she baiting him?) He took it up a notch, and flirtingly said "You got pics? Send some on over to me!"

She got offended and called him a CREEPER.

That said, it seems a lot of women are over using the word "creepy" when it comes to men, and some have a rather twisted view of a definition.

Coming from a room mate, it's "creepy", but from a strange man on the net, not at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
The difference, of course, being that the other men were her choice, vs. her friend who wanted to decide *for* her who she was going to send pictures to; not to mention the weirdness of wanting nude pictures of a platonic friend. But let's not let something silly like a woman's autonomy get in the way of anything, right?
[i'm a man] thats not creepy. if two single persons are talking about nueds, it would be weird not to inquire about them.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:46 PM

6,511 posts, read 4,048,046 times
Um.... no. So every time a person mentions something, they have to invite the other person to do it too? Where did you get that from?

Old 03-05-2021, 06:03 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,602,584 times
^ are yoo responding to me ? if the subject is trying to get someone to imagine the persons naked body then i presume a little reciprocal flirting is wanted.

i never talk about myself being naked to coworkers or family members or guy friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships