Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 07:16 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times

Advertisements

Well, this used to be called "playing hard to get". And girls were advised to do it, to see if the guy has any gumption at all. If you want her, go for it. Call her, or at the very least text her and tell her you're thinking about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2021, 08:05 PM

4,036 posts, read 3,316,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, this used to be called "playing hard to get". And girls were advised to do it, to see if the guy has any gumption at all. If you want her, go for it. Call her, or at the very least text her and tell her you're thinking about her.
I am not actually sure why this woman is doing this, but I think the advice here is excellent. Maybe this woman is "playing hard to get" maybe its something else. Why she is doing this isn't that important to me. What I do know is that talking to a woman is a lot more effective than trying to read tea leaves or guess and speculate about her actions.

Old 09-27-2021, 08:29 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,695,084 times
It’s hard to speculate, but I can see that she may consider that you had your car towed on the first date and then ran into a pillar on the third date and may feel like this is just too much early on. I am not sure it is about playing hard to get. She may have agreed to the date, slept on it, and then decided she’d prefer less drama on her dates.

Old 09-27-2021, 10:54 PM

10,339 posts, read 6,887,116 times
dio9366~

Ever attend/watch a baseball game?

You know some of the rules?

You know, like "3 strikes and you're OUT" type rules?

You might need to face a new pitcher, as this one has already moved on to the next batter...

Old 09-27-2021, 10:58 PM

29,527 posts, read 22,714,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
It’s hard to speculate, but I can see that she may consider that you had your car towed on the first date and then ran into a pillar on the third date and may feel like this is just too much early on. I am not sure it is about playing hard to get. She may have agreed to the date, slept on it, and then decided she’d prefer less drama on her dates.
I see it the same way.

I don't think it's playing hard to get either, mainly because it appears both were texting each other excessively within the first few weeks of dating. I'm guessing the OP revealed a lot about himself to the lady, and maybe even told her that he liked her (an important point highlighted in the link I posted previously). In such situations, I would think that a woman would stop texting because it's just too much and she needs breathing space, or a complete break from the situation altogether, not because she wants the guy to pursue her even harder (which is the objective of playing hard to get).

Old 09-27-2021, 11:01 PM

51 posts, read 28,490 times
She message me today. It turns out that she actually didn't see my reply, and told me that her dentist clinic's new assistant resign today so her work shift changed(She is a dentist assistant) and had to work on 10/2, so I called her and had a small chat with her and ask her do you still wanna hang out, she reschedule the date with me on 10/9. her voice sounds glad&enthusiastic that I called and feel sorry for can't make it on 10/2 and explain the reason to me before hang off she said "Have a good day at work". I guess we will just see.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:57 AM

51 posts, read 28,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I see it the same way.

I don't think it's playing hard to get either, mainly because it appears both were texting each other excessively within the first few weeks of dating. I'm guessing the OP revealed a lot about himself to the lady, and maybe even told her that he liked her (an important point highlighted in the link I posted previously). In such situations, I would think that a woman would stop texting because it's just too much and she needs breathing space, or a complete break from the situation altogether, not because she wants the guy to pursue her even harder (which is the objective of playing hard to get).
I think you have great imagination I never confess to her or told that I like her.

And I don't have anything negative to reveal about myself because I am a fashion designer, I have fun job that pays well.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:28 AM

6,885 posts, read 4,896,899 times
It does sound like your job would be a fun one.

If you think you really like this particular young woman consider having a flower arrangement delivered to where she works. A card attached to say something such as, I will try not to run into anything on our next date - but you are very distracting! Or, just thinking of you.

Back in the day my late DH had flowers, truffles, cinnamon rolls, and other things delivered to surprise me and let me know he was thinking of me. He also ran into more than one curb when we were dating. And pulled the car over a few times just to kiss me. *Sigh....good times!

Old 09-28-2021, 08:41 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,062,004 times
Wait a couple of days and say, 'Hey, are we still on for the 2nd?" But if she isn't texting you back, she's just not all that into you.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:45 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
It does sound like your job would be a fun one.

If you think you really like this particular young woman consider having a flower arrangement delivered to where she works. A card attached to say something such as, I will try not to run into anything on our next date - but you are very distracting! Or, just thinking of you.

Back in the day my late DH had flowers, truffles, cinnamon rolls, and other things delivered to surprise me and let me know he was thinking of me. He also ran into more than one curb when we were dating. And pulled the car over a few times just to kiss me. *Sigh....good times!
`NO! Don't do the bolded, OP! You'll risk embarrassing her in front of her co-workers. You don't know her well enough yet, for such grand gestures.

Instead, you could take her a small bouquet of flowers or a single rose when you get to the point of picking her up at her home, or if she invites you to dinner at her place at some point. Or if she dresses up a little for dates, like for a dinner date, consider getting her a small corsage (do people do that any more? Does it matter if people do it any more? lol. Would be a nice gesture, and not as flamboyant as a bouquet of flowers).

I think it's premature for sending gifts to the office, or sending gifts at all, at this point, in my opinion. You don't even seem to be sure she likes you yet (or you wouldn't have started this thread, if you were confident in her interest in you). You're not even a couple yet, an "item". Don't rush it or try to force it with gifts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships