Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 52yr. old dating 20yr. old. Your opinion?
Yes 34 30.36%
No 55 49.11%
Casual dating is acceptable 14 12.50%
Other 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 10:30 AM

1,140 posts, read 619,685 times

Advertisements

George Clooney is 61... does your friend look like him? lol.

I get that some younger women have a thing for Daddy types. But unless you have that look, I will discount the chances.

At 20, I was as naive as can be and can't imagine carrying a conversation with a 50 yr old. So chances are they aren't together for stimulating conversations and debates.

Logic states that:

- he likes her for youth, vigor and probably lust.
- she likes him for experience, confidence and $$$.

As other stated, it doesn't matter that your old friend doesn't have a well paying job. Comparatively speaking he is well off vs what she can afford.

I suspect he is exciting because he can actually drive, take her out to dinner, movies, etc. And if he is a decent guy, he isn't constantly pawing at her like 20 somethings.

Unless there is some sort of amazing chemistry, this will be a short affair. I bet her friends think that she is crazy (or worse). And he will eventually tire of the honeymoon phase with no real substance behind it.

Old 09-06-2022, 10:41 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Don't sleep on these 50+ men in the 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZe_zHhU9vY

Old 09-06-2022, 10:44 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
OP says these two are "casually seeing each other." Why not then? I think single people should feel comfortable experiencing a variety of non-serious relationships throughout their lives if that's what interests them.

It sounds like a good way of learning about people from all ages, statuses, and walks of life. And I have been open to this kind of "experiential dating" myself. Too bad we have to worry about being judged by people who are only guessing (pruriently) as to what goes on within the friendship.

Old 09-06-2022, 10:48 AM

762 posts, read 452,771 times
Why waste your youth with someone old enough to be your father; he should be embarrassed. Obviously lack morals and values; she's just a kid.

Old 09-06-2022, 10:54 AM

41 posts, read 21,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
Why waste your youth with someone old enough to be your father; he should be embarrassed. Obviously lack morals and values; she's just a kid.
Maybe she wants to move out of her parents home and she doesn't want to get several roomates. Maybe she would like to live alone, but she can barely afford a room let alone rent an apartment.

Maybe she had a boyfriend her age, but the guy cheated on her, she became insecure, and decided to date a much older man because a much older man doesn't have a 20 year old woman, I presume attractive, knocking on his door on a daily basis to date him, which might make the guy less likely to cheat on her.

Or maybe she wants to have a baby now, instead of waiting until she is in her 30s or 40s and then having to deal with a massive decrease in fertility, and having to deal with all the complications that can often occur in a geriatric pregnancy.

She could choose a guy in his 20s, I suppose. But how many young men have the financial means to raise a kid? And even having money is no guarantee the guy is interested in being a husband or a dad.

I have friends who bring home $6M a year after the money they gotta pay to the govt. is taken care of, and despite being so wealthy at such a young age, and regardless of how much their girlfriends are keen on having a baby... they are simply not interested in becoming a dad at their age.

if they are interested in having kids, at all. Maybe they will choose to never reproduce.

Old 09-06-2022, 10:54 AM

1,483 posts, read 685,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
Watch out - you're being 'hateful and judgey'... lol

Old 09-06-2022, 10:58 AM

41 posts, read 21,761 times
It does stand to reason for someone to wonder why someone in the prime of her life and natural beauty would choose to be with a man who is a bit more than a decade away from retirement from the workplace, yes.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:01 AM

1,483 posts, read 685,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaa View Post
Maybe she wants to move out of her parents home and she doesn't want to get several roomates. Maybe she would like to live alone, but she can barely afford a room let alone rent an apartment.

Maybe she had a boyfriend her age, but the guy cheated on her, she became insecure, and decided to date a much older man because a much older man doesn't have a 20 year old woman, I presume attractive, knocking on his door on a daily basis to date him, which might make the guy less likely to cheat on her.

Or maybe she wants to have a baby now, instead of waiting until she is in her 30s or 40s and then having to deal with a massive decrease in fertility, and having to deal with all the complications that can often occur in a geriatric pregnancy.

She could choose a guy in his 20s, I suppose. But how many young men have the financial means to raise a kid? And even having money is no guarantee the guy is interested in being a husband or a dad.

I have friends who bring home $6M a year after the money they gotta pay to the govt. is taken care of, and despite being so wealthy at such a young age, and regardless of how much their girlfriends are keen on having a baby... they are simply not interested in becoming a dad at their age.

if they are interested in having kids, at all. Maybe they will choose to never reproduce.
In other words... to use him.

Take note that this hypothetical 20 y/o is doing this for her own selfish reasons with no consideration over how the gentleman feels - but, hey, he's getting a young hot piece of ass so everything is AOK!!!

Where I'm from, we call that 'thinking with your '. Smart indeed.

And then, oh yes, she will have a 'piece' on the side... and the 'old' man will then be relegated to 'sucker' status. Not a good hill to die on IMO.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:09 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
One of my friends is casually seeing a woman young enough to be his daughter. I see a man desperately clinging onto his youth. Hence, “Peter Pan” Syndrome. He has a full-time job, but in the low-class range. So, the relationship definitely NOT about $$$.
Depends on what your priorities are in a relationship. Not everyone is looking for same level, deep conversations. You can have those with friends or at work. I feel 30 years is a little much but if you want something easy, that sounds like it. I hear from many older men that many women at age 50 aren't that much fun anymore. Too much has happened in their life to be easy going and relaxed.

My bf is 12 years younger and he looks at least 12 years younger and he is half a head shorter (there is a pic of us on my profile). People are certainly staring at us, trying to figure out if I am old enough to be his mom or if we are, in fact, a couple.

Maybe I am clinging on to my youth - but I don't care what people like you think. Because he keeps me on my toes and keeps my young, YES. I feel like 30 again. Love it!

I feel the age difference every day but also in a good way. He does things older guys don't do anymore. And he is still crazy, active, unjaded by life, pure, no mental baggage.

Men my age get excited when a new restaurant opens and we can go to dinner. My bf and I go to his pool and beat each other up with pool noodles. Yes, that is way more fun and entertaining to me than watching each other chew.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:17 AM

1,140 posts, read 619,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Depends on what your priorities are in a relationship. Not everyone is looking for same level, deep conversations. You can have those with friends or at work. I feel 30 years is a little much but if you want something easy, that sounds like it. I hear from many older men that many women at age 50 aren't that much fun anymore. Too much has happened in their life to be easy going and relaxed.

My bf is 12 years younger and he looks at least 12 years younger and he is half a head shorter (there is a pic of us on my profile). People are certainly staring at us, trying to figure out if I am old enough to be his mom or if we are, in fact, a couple.

Maybe I am clinging on to my youth - but I don't care what people like you think. Because he keeps me on my toes and keeps my young, YES. I feel like 30 again. Love it!

I feel the age difference every day but also in a good way. He does things older guys don't do anymore. And he is still crazy, active, unjaded by life, pure, no mental baggage.

Men my age get excited when a new restaurant opens and we can go to dinner. My bf and I go to his pool and beat each other up with pool noodles. Yes, that is way more fun and entertaining to me than watching each other chew.
12 yrs is not as noticeable both physically and mentally.

30+ yrs is a bit out there

But you have touched upon a very very valid point... 50 yr olds tend to be more jaded, complain more, don't want to do anything... etc. So maybe he just wanted to change dramatically to a young, vibrant, "let's do stuff" kinda woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships