Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 52yr. old dating 20yr. old. Your opinion?
Yes 34 30.36%
No 55 49.11%
Casual dating is acceptable 14 12.50%
Other 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 04:19 AM

41 posts, read 21,761 times

Advertisements

A man pursuing or dating a woman who is young enough to be daughter is not exactly what I would call to chase his youth.

A guy like that is with someone that young because she's hot. Young people are hot. Especially so when they take care of their health.

Men who are much older than their partners get talked badly about, sure, but so do women. No one said a word when at the age of 18 I was dating a 35 year old woman, but that is because she was pretty hot and looked much younger than her own age.

Years later when I was old enough to go to nightclubs, I noticed that she used to get carded whenever she'd go to a nightclub, and her group of friends were mostly women in their early 20s, and she didn't look out of place at all.

But back then when I was young, and older women in their 50s would show interest in me, those who were around us and noticed what was going on would be very off-put by it. Society is cruel that way, I suppose. I don't see anything wrong with people dating people who are much older, but it is silly for those who are much older to think they have a romantic relationship in their hands.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:58 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,445,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I remember being in my 20’s and thought guys old enough to be my Father trying to flirt with me were creepy. I’m much older now and could never date a guy young enough to be my Son. GROSS! And besides from that, 50yr. olds typically have much more life experiences than someone 30yr. younger.

One of my friends is casually seeing a woman young enough to be his daughter. I see a man desperately clinging onto his youth. Hence, “Peter Pan” Syndrome. He has a full-time job, but in the low-class range. So, the relationship definitely NOT about $$$.
If she is a woman who is decent looking, she has options, yet she is choosing this older man. As an outsider we would have no way to know for sure why, maybe he lavishes her with whatever money he does have. Maybe he is mellow, and she is comfortable in his company. It isn't really outsiders business to try to analyze their relationship or be overly judgmental. It just fine if 2 adults are happy with each other's company, even if it is temporary. If your threshold of being grossed out is low, you should force yourself to look away.

Old 09-06-2022, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
If she is a woman who is decent looking, she has options, yet she is choosing this older man. As an outsider we would have no way to know for sure why, maybe he lavishes her with whatever money he does have. Maybe he is mellow, and she is comfortable in his company. It isn't really outsiders business to try to analyze their relationship or be overly judgmental. It just fine if 2 adults are happy with each other's company, even if it is temporary. If your threshold of being grossed out is low, you should force yourself to look away.
Having options don't mean much. She's 20 years old. Most 20 years old don't even have a candle to their name. They are broke, either live with roomates or still with their parents, many of them don't own a car, and they have little in the way of money in their bank accounts. Not to mention most young men don't go to college, and those that do, many of them drop out without a college degree.

For a young woman looking for financial security, those guys are a bad bet.

She could go for men in their 30s, but all the good men with good jobs and their own home and reasonably physically attractive are already paired-up, either married, co-habitation and well on their way to get married, so that leaves the men who are 10+ years older than her to be put on the shelf.

It does make sense for her to date this much older guy because the guy's house is probably paid off, which means that all of the money he makes, he saves up most of it, and that's pretty attractive for someone who is looking for financial stability.

I noticed something peculiar when I went on a trip to Milan. I went to one of the most well-off parts of the city to visit a friend and I happened to come across quite a lot of couples, with the woman being much younger than the guy she was with. Usually the woman was in her late teens/early 20s and the guy was in his 30s, or in several cases, the woman was in her 20s to 30s, and the partner was in his 50s and 60s.

A number of these couples had young kids or babies with them. It does make me wonder if with how most young men these days around the world having no money, no house of their own, and no future - more and more young women are going to be reproducing with guys old enough to be their fathers, due to a lack of options, since the men who are their own age can't measure up, financially.

Old 09-06-2022, 05:56 AM

880 posts, read 463,257 times
'Weird but l get younger women showing big interest in me alllll the time.
Sometimes l'm not sure but there's others with no doubt and l'm def not rich. As they were saying and l know personally myself some younger women just like older guys , admittedly though most people think l'm early 40s but l'm later 50s, well getting there.
But 20 man, forget it. My daughters 20, l couldn't even consider that sort of age, l'm talking later 20s - 30s somewhere is really common. ldk why.
My partner is 9yrs younger, l prob wouldn't go too much younger than that if l were single, not to rule out out someone my age though either if she looked after herself and we were actually suited. Have seen them around in better shape than the average 20yrs younger than her. l don't normally suit women around my age though they're just usually a lot older than what l am but whatever, we fit where we fit.
On the other end though l do get along really well with much younger women but ld know why they seem to like me in more though bc to me it just wouldn't be practical in any relationship way.

Last edited by randomx; 09-06-2022 at 07:04 AM..

Old 09-06-2022, 09:21 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
The age gap doesn't bother as much as the fact that this woman is just 20. in general, I think guys younger than 25 tend to make bad decisions and while young women mature faster than young men, (see auto insurance rates) I believe I read somewhere that young women are just three years more mature than young men. So I tend to think the judgment of women younger than 22 is likely highly suspect as well. How many 20 year old women have finished school, how many 20 year old wouldn't have a huge power imbalance in this relationship?
I think this, more than anything else, would be my main concern. But, at the end of the day, assuming she wasn't bought and sold, it's her choice to date an older man. And he, to date a younger woman.

May/December relationships work for some people.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:27 AM

True. There'd be an immense power imbalance in a relationship between a 20 year old woman and a 52 year old man, or even an age gap where the woman is 20 and the guy is 30, because older guys tend to be in a much better off economical situation than a woman that much younger, which means the guy can be demanding and can be sly about the way he treats her, like cheating on her and being open about it.

I remember being a young man myself, and talking to young women frankly about the subject, and it did surprise me to come across quite a numerous amount of women who were very young, 18 to 25, who wanted to have children, and wanted to have children while they were still in their early 20's to mid 20s.

Certainly, this is not what many, many young men don't want to hear, not to mention that even if these guys wanted that in their lives, they can't afford it, and it's not just in the USA; it's everywhere in the world.

Look at South Korea where most guys in their 40's can't afford a family. How is a 20 year old man who still has to worry about his military service and all that, gonna be able to give to a young woman what she is looking for. Hence why I can understand why someone that young would go for a fella who could be her dad.

I'm pretty sure the reason why that 20 year old lady decided to get with a 52 year old man is due to her desire to have her very own family, so early in her life.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Being pretty much the age of that guy, I'll say this. I can't tell a 20 yo from a 16 yo or a 24 yo. They all look like children. Children.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:32 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Funny how when it's about a man , he's clinging to youth , he's after someone he can manipulate, boss around , and on and on it goes.
Yeah, I've never understood that argument considering old women get played by men every single day. Mary J. Blige is STILL getting played at her BIG age of 51 and she's sold millions of albums about getting played by men over and over again. With all that life experience, you would think she would be manipulation-proof by now.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Ding, ding. This is the correct answer!

Old 09-06-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaa View Post
For a young woman looking for financial security, those guys are a bad bet.
You are assuming she's looking for something long term. At 20, she's probably not. She probably sees it as as a fling or a short-term arrangement at best. Even if she got with a 21-year old, who would be considered more age appropriate for her, it would still probably be a fling or a short-term arrangement at best. So what does it matter?

Some women just like older men. When I was in middle school, some girls had boyfriends who were already in high school. When I got to high school, girls were dating upperclassmen. When I became an upperclassmen, some girls were dating guys in college. When I got to college, some girls were already dating guys in med school, law school, business school, etc. When I got to grad school, I knew women who were dating MUCH older men, but more like the 30-40 age range rather than 50.

This is a complaint that you often hear from younger guys...that the women their age don't want to date them. This stops being such a big issue for guys around their mid to late 20s when they can finally be the guys who are able to date down. But in your early 20s, most guys will tell you that women say guys their own age are immature, not worldly enough, not good conversationalists, have weak game, not seasoned enough, not willing to commit, too skinny, play too many games, are too broke, too inexperienced in the bedroom and the list goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships