Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2022, 10:28 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times

Advertisements

OP, when you concocted this elaborate marriage proposal complete with fake ring, how did you let her know it was all a prank? Did you just yell PSYCH!! and start laughing your ass off?

What did you imagine her reaction would be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 10:37 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
And this is why it is NEVER a good idea to prank your significant other.

Old 09-12-2022, 10:42 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,079,532 times
And she stayed with you for two years after you did that to her? She's a lot more tolerant than most women. She should have dumped you back then.

Send her around here and I'll tell her to dump you now and find someone who treats her better and has more respect for her.

Old 09-12-2022, 11:11 AM

306 posts, read 531,218 times
She's probably getting you back right now and it's all a prank.

She's just letting you sweat for awhile before she yells PSYCH! then laughs her butt off at how stressed out you were.

Old 09-12-2022, 12:00 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,085,641 times
Sounds to me like the prankster got pranked. She waited and waited and waited for just the right moment, and really nailed you!

Good on her.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:33 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,421,537 times
yo! Dont go to her house and try to force any doors open IF HER FATHER WITH A GUN IS THERE.. ( see viral video lol

Old 09-12-2022, 06:34 PM

21 posts, read 10,226 times
Just a quick heads up on the issue:
She was talking to our mutual friend and her sister. I told them about the issue and took pictures of the ring and receipt. I told them to rely the message that I love her very much and sorry for hurting her in the past, that it would mean a lot if we can talk even if it's for a bit.

I was going to go to her house but I don't want to sound like a stalker nor get her further upset. I know this would work in Hollywood movies but the last thing I want is scaring her. I want to make her happy and feel secure with me.

She had to see the ring and receipt in order for her to know it's real. She's coming over tomorrow but has a lot to say. I'm prepared for whatever her reply is.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretfulJake View Post
I was going to go to her house but I don't want to sound like a stalker nor get her further upset. I know this would work in Hollywood movies but the last thing I want is scaring her. I want to make her happy and feel secure with me.
Good lord, it sounds like you hardly KNOW this woman. Yet you are planning to get married imminently and spend the rest of your life together?

Something is very off here.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:11 PM

21 posts, read 10,226 times
Good evening,

It's been a very long day today and while all is not lost, she couldn't accept the proposal yet. She admitted to overreacting on her part but really thought I was going to hurt her again like last time, had flashbacks and left. Finding out it was a real proposal and seeing the proof was the only reason she came back.

She's putting things on hold at this moment, wants me to keep the ring and ask again in a year from now. She'll make a final decision by then. If she's ready sooner, she'll tell me to ask again but for the meantime only refer to her as my gf.

She can't accept it now due to my past pranking history and carefree attitude. She pointed out that a month before the hurtful proposal prank that made her feel insecured in the relationship, I've made jokes about having Covid too (faking coughing) and acted inconsiderate towards others, had a history of sometimes being late to our dates, sometimes delay on paying some bills and doing things at the last minute even when I had enough time. Meanwhile I've stopped doing pranks and improving, she said I need to change more before she considers marriage. I admit, I was unpunctual with my last bill last month. Lastly, she doesn't really care about the ring nor the cost but thought my proposal was lame and it lacked creativity and enthusiasm, as if I wasn't even trying. She couldn't understand why I was creative with the fake proposal but couldn't do the same with the real proposal, put more effort into it.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:22 PM

Oy gevalt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships